My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was younger there was a shooter called Delta Force 2.

It had voxel graphics so if you zoomed in you could shoot guys over a mile away with the Barret.

Any bullet from any gun anywhere on your body ended you.

That was fair.

I played Goldeneye on one shot kills mode, fair.

Counter Strike, fair.

Unreal Tournament, fair.

Quake Arena, fair.

Halo ruined it for everyone.  Regenerating shield?  Not even a health pick up, it regenerates.  You can shoot a guy for 90% of his health and he pops behind cover for a second and comes out at 100% again.

Bull *suitcase*.

CoD and BF with their perk system mean that if you don't buy it on day one and play 4 hours a day you might as well give up.

Modern shooters are garbage.

I think that's why Doom: No Subtitle is so successful.  It's old school.

Hell, I had to grind contact missions in GTA Online for over 100 hours to get levelled up so I was tough enough to cross the street to my car on a public server.

Bf4

LMG's are pretty *suitcase* with the exception of the mg4 w/ bipod.

Go for an assault rifle (the best are 416, ak12, f2000, famas, bulldog) with reflex site folding grip and compensator/ muzzle break.

Most headshots tend to come from the muzzle rise I find - wouldn't bother aiming for them.

If anybody plays bf4 on 360 (lol) lemme know

EDit:

Stunt the metagame of halo is first to land 4 headshots with the DMR - everything else is a distraction, for better or for worse.

The 'swat' gametype (no shields) is more your thing, should you ever play it again.

Say what you will but I have yet to play a game that does vehicles as fun as halo

Will be a year or surgut and mess first mate and well since I'm barred by statute and blanket medical rules from joining the mil (it's a named condition in the cannot part) applying to work for the gov was the nearest thing I could hope for.

At 17 I passed the fitness tests for all three services I was dreaming of medical school at the time and the army medical corps but I couldn't ever do it.

It helped in someways though that first moment when I realised the stuff I was told at my well known for its inclusive attitude and disability support mainstream school (for the time they were really good to be fair) that the disability wouldn't be a barrier for me to achieve my dreams and people would see me before the disability was *badger*s happened before I entered the real world.

So today I go and talk to a recruiter, personally I feel I am too old and out of shape.

I drink like a fish, smoke like a chimney, I'm battered, bruised, broken and I'm afraid I will be the next gomer Pyle.

I'm not strong, and I'm very afraid that I will be the drag on the group.

I'm partial blind, deaf and very dumb.

I don't know how to tell my friends and family and I almost don't want to tell them.

I want out of this town but I have no money to move, all I have is family and friends buy none of them can help.

I have been watching a YouTube channel drip46, he's got videos of what to expect for basic and such and it's helpful but I'm still scared.

The meps I think will be the tipping point and I'm sure I will fail, I always fail at everything I do.

?

I feel I am too old and out of shape.

I drink like a fish, smoke like a chimney, I'm battered, bruised, broken and I'm afraid I will be the next gomer Pyle.

I'm not strong, and I'm very afraid that I will be the drag on the group.

I'm partial blind, deaf and very dumb.

Recruiter: so when can you start? 

Alias1983 - just go explain that to the recruiter. You want some direction and clarity; they'll have an idea.

This.

I've cut my finger quit badly on a sword and the flappy bit of skin is like a mega paper cut and impedes on typing.

Pull/cut the flappy skin off and/or put a plaster or bandage (depending on size) over the cut.

Archived