My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*fruitcage* OFF YOU *suitcasey* *fruitcage* HAZARD PERCEPTION TESTS!

I DON'T NEED TO BE ABLE TO SEE THE *fruitcage* WRITING ON THE *fruitcage* ROADWORKS SIGN ON THE SIDE OF THE *fruitcage* ROAD ON A *fruitcage* SANDWICH BOARD TO KNOW THERE'S *fruitcage* ROADWORKS UP AHEAD!

I DON'T NEED TO BE CLOSE ENOUGH TO SEE THE *fruitcage* DRIVERS FACE IN A *fruitcage* JCB TO BE ABLE TO HAVE ACKNOWLEDGED THE *Ubarflock* PRESCENCE WHEN HE'S LITERALLY BEEN DRIVING TOWARDS ME ON AN OPEN ROAD DOWN THE SIDE OF A *fruitcage* MOUNTAIN FOR THE LAST *fruitcage* MINUTE AND A *fruitcage* HALF!

also, jesus christ, get with the *fruitcage* times. I can buy a 1080p dashcam for £80, retail, from a main dealer. From somewhere like halfords it'd be less.

WHY DO ALL OF YOUR *fruitcage* HAZARD CLIPS HAVE THE COMBINED PIXEL COUNT OF THE NUMBER OF *fruitcage* COUNTIRES THAT *fruitcage* ICELAND HAS A *fruitcage* LAND BORDER WITH!?

*fruitcage*!

Swear word filter earned it's keep today.

Noticing next door has four kittens and they can't even keep their back garden tidy. Uuuuuuuurrrrrrgggghhhhh. Can't wait to (finally) move on the 16th after all the (solicitor took three weeks to put a form in an envelope and send it to our solicitors).

Can't stand lazy businesses. Also, if I ask for dpd postage (and you agree) don't then send it via another courier, you *fruitcage* cock womble.

My understanding of the hazard perception test anti-cheat program is that it will lock you out if you're clearly taking the , but click (wait one second) click (wait 1) click (wait 1) is fine and massively increases your chance of a good score. It always uses the first click in the scoring window because it's the highest scoring - So clicking early even if you're a little unsure is a good idea.

My instructor advised me to click when you spot anything which could be considered a hazard and click a max of 3 more times, with 1-second intervals. IIRC my score was 68 out of 75 (2nd attempt)

The problem with the clip I mentioned - the tractor coming towards you one - is that its approximately 50 seconds long, it opens on a narrow single track country road that appears to lead straight into a mountain rising up in front of you.

You can see a vehicle moving in a 45 degrees ish down and to the left of the mountain towards where you can see your bit of road goes.

Clearly its coming towards you in the same bit of road, even though its a way away yet.

The marking window didn't start until after about 25 seconds after the clip started, by that time I'd already clicked probably 15 times as I know the marking windows are *fruitcage* idiotic, and I then clicked some more as it for closer and closer.

I scored zero because I clicked too much, even though in my opinion the marking window should have been the first five seconds of the *bramston pickle* clip.

You tell that to someone with polio.

One of my least-favourite Army-isms.

Don't feel bad, it is a common saying.

The problem is people said it to me after I tore my ACL and Lateral Medial ligaments and dislocated my hip and knee cap.

Tools.

The phrase has been taken far too literally. IMO those who are "literal" are good example of those who have knowledge, even intelligence, but lack wisdom. Tomatoes in a fruit salad and all that..

Nietzsche was a firm proponent of obtaining happiness/satisfaction through hardship or struggle. It does not literally mean stuff like "chemotherapy will increase your bench press", however it must also be noted that many people unfortunate enough have a serious illness or injury often obtain a mental "strength" which far surpasses those complacent in their health.  

Of course, such illnesses and injuries can also induce a deep depression and so forth, but this is a maxim, not a statement of fact.

"Out of life's school of war" does not refer to the military, specifically, but rather the challenges and set backs we face in our existence.

Apologies for the horrendous layout of this website (though I must admit I like its .html vibes!) https://inch.com/~ari/nietzsche1.html but I think it provides a good context within which to read the quote "what does not destroy me makes me stronger."

just my 2p.

The phrase has been taken far too literally. IMO those who are "literal" are good example of those who have knowledge, even intelligence, but lack wisdom. Tomatoes in a fruit salad and all that..

Intelligence is knowing that Frankenstein isn't the monster.

Wisdom is knowing that Frankenstein *is* the monster.

Two little things.

1. The Ubuntu driver for the Synaptics Trackpoint on my Thinkpad allows you to use the middle button to "open in new tab" and puts it in scroll mode.

The Windows driver lets you use the middle button to "open in new tab" or put it in scroll mode.

What the hell?

2. Grinding all the optional challenges in Just Cause 3 to improve my equipment is becoming tedious.

Archived