My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was it at least consumable stuff or are we talking repairs?

Quite a bit of work to be fair:

Front tyre replacements

Brake pads

Brake discs

Wipers

Airbag spring replacement

Interim service (oil change etc.)

Now that it's done, hopefully I won't have to get much work done in the future - although this has definitely clued me into getting the knowledge to do some basic stuff myself..

I may or may not have realised my MoT expired one October... The following January... :/

That's actually a fair amount of work for the price, assuming its a normal-ish family car and not a sporty one you're looking betwixt 150-200 for a pair of tyres, 100 for interim service, 150ish for discs and pads, leaves the rest for diagnosis and replacement of a clock sprong. Sounds fair.

Norovirus. Rumours say hospital had to quarantine a ward because of it and we've had emails through the company due to other companies being hit.

No doubt some twerp will try and use it as an excuse to get a minimum of 48hrs clear of work. Hooray for anti-bacterial handgel in my apron pocket.

Closest I've come is gastroenteritis and that was bloody horrible for a week so if someone pulls a fast one I'll be furious.

For some reason that reminds me of a time when my old work said I had to ring up, to report illness. Even though I had lost my voice, they wanted to hear something. I was mates for a gp, so I got her to ring up for me and give them a *badger*ing. It's always hard to trust when it comes to illness.

For several days after, I had Clint Eastwood voice but in reverse (starting with very old Clint, then all the way to young Clint).

Changing the cambelt on my Fiances car this morning.. The stupid design has a friction fit cog for the timing belt which must have lost friction and slipped the belt.. Sooo now I've got to strip down the head to find the damage. I can see a broken valve in 3 cylinder for sure, fingers crossed it's damage that can be fixed within reason, but I haven't got my hopes up. All fun and games! 

The annoying thing is I had her running for a minute or so before I put the aircon/powersteering belts on with no issue... So what went wrong inbetween?

So 6 months probation, 60 hours community, defensive driving class, aa, another class, and the one where people who have had kids killed by drunk drivers yell at you like drill Sargent's.

All of this I have to pay for but at least I can sleep in my bed, breath fresh air, eat good food, wear my own clothes.

After all was said and done if I wanted to take the week in jail all I had to do was ask for it.

Oh well what's done as done

Archived