My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Yup that's what I was about to suggest.. it's not a dash out job or at least shouldn't be so not the end of the world!

Will take a look online this evening and see if I can work it out properly for you!

Edit:

Does the heater not come on at all or does it come on on setting 4 but not 1,2&3? Could well be the heater blower resistor that's blown but there'll be a reason that's gone.. having a quick look online you can get a second hand blower for roughly £20-30 and a resistor for around £20. Not found a manual yet though! Shouldn't be too hard! Am I right in thinking you're based around Reading too? Im in Gatwick area so can give you a hand fitting the stuff if you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's anything like a Rover. There'll be a resistor pack mounted on the box where the fan is. The 'resistors' are nothing more than coils of wire. They fail from time to time. They're easy enough to replace. On a Rover, it's about 30 minutes from start to finish.

Yeah it's more than likely the resistor.. looking online if you stick your head in the passenger footwell and look up under the dash you should find it.. apparently it's relatively easy to change, on my fiesta it's 2 T20 screws and a plug. Should be the same or very similar for you.

My worry would be why has that resistor pack failed? I've replaced the resistor pack 3 times in the last few months which has led me to replace the blower itself as a process of elimination, maybe it was just faulty packs but 3 faulty ones from different vendors sounds relatively suss to me!

Saying that if it's a factory fitted part it could well just be old age!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When your interests are:

- Things that aren't made anymore

- Things you can't afford

- Things that are illegal

- Things that are all of the above

Kit Rae swords.

LARP gear.

Weed.

Submachine guns of the 80s.

Yeah, I know that feel, bro. :P

3-5 years, I reckon weed will be legal in all non Islamic countries.   It's *fruitcage* criminal how much money they lose to organized crime when they could instead be raking it it.  Even if you're not into weed, anyone with a brain can see it makes financial sense to legalize it.  Less pressure on police, jails, courts e.t.c. It frees up so much time and money wasted on it.  The stupid, old, *fruitcage*s that run this country are very slowly coming to terms with this I think.

Finally got a call from UPS about the holiday work.  Got told probably not going to be called till second week of December, and will be working in an area I have no familiarity with/nightmare to get to instead of hometown area (apparently lots of highschoolers must have signed up or something, at first they had said they needed folks for my area during orientation).

Mother was so disappointed she said I could call back and say no to the job, but I've signed up for it and will stick with it.

3-5 years, I reckon weed will be legal in all non Islamic countries.   It's *fruitcage* criminal how much money they lose to organized crime when they could instead be raking it it.  Even if you're not into weed, anyone with a brain can see it makes financial sense to legalize it.  Less pressure on police, jails, courts e.t.c. It frees up so much time and money wasted on it.  The stupid, old, *fruitcage*s that run this country are very slowly coming to terms with this I think.

While it would make sense, the stoic british ideal would never ever allow such a thing.

Career suicide for any politician who endorsed it here.

While it would make sense, the stoic british ideal would never ever allow such a thing.

Career suicide for any politician who endorsed it here.

One could say the same thing for gay marriage in the 50s. 

The worm is turning, however slowly: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/cannabis-legalise-uk-mps-adam-smith-institute-nick-clegg-caroline-lucas-marijuana-legalisation-drugs-a7428581.html

So a few minutes ago I played an order for a Mayflower APC from skd tactical and as soon as I go the confirmation email I got another email at the same time from them saying that the APC was part of a 19% off sale.

*fruitcage*

So I emailed them asking if I'm boned on that sale.

Now the wait for a reply

So a few minutes ago I played an order for a Mayflower APC from skd tactical and as soon as I go the confirmation email I got another email at the same time from them saying that the APC was part of a 19% off sale.

*fruitcage*

So I emailed them asking if I'm boned on that sale.

Now the wait for a reply

If they tell you you can't get the deal, just cancel the order. They'll change their minds pretty quickly.

So apparently, the reason I still haven't received my P45 despite resigning from my horrendously underpaid and mismanaged post at the SEN school I was working at is that they had literally just put me on a Zero Hour contract instead of accepting my resignation and then not given me any hours.

For 8 weeks.

So that means that technically, I am still employed, though I am receiving a salary of £0, with 0 hours, which is why I couldn't apply for Council tax reduction or Universal Credit.

Do not, ever, ever, ever work for the City of Edinburgh Council. Ever.

If they tell you you can't get the deal, just cancel the order. They'll change their minds pretty quickly.

They went ahead and did it, gave me a 41$ refund.

They truly are the best in customer service.

Now I wish my bank was that quick.

*fruitcage* hate 90% of the people I have to deal with

Me too but now our season is over so for the next 4 months I just have to put up with the family and the random visit to a co workers house for a sober party.

I hope the next 6 months fly or else I'm going to stock a bottle and start getting drunk fast after I do my probation call in.

So far I've only had to go in on Saturdays and blow in a breathalyzer.

Archived