My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps but integrity means behaving as if everyone can see you even if you think they can't.

Without integrity we are nothing.

Also, resorting to name calling is pretty childish but resorting to name calling that in some way suggests that being gay is so bad that it makes a suitable insult is childish and bigoted.

You are essentially letting everyone who sees what you have written know that you aren't too bright.

Things you write on the internet persist.

Hey, as a bi-sexual man. I never cared when people used fag, queer, gay or fudge packer ect.. to describe non lbgtqia people. It comes with the territory. Now, if Tinkerton happens to have a boyfriend or trans partner, and he knew about it. Then that's bigotry.

Childish and stupid, yes.

I'm not black but I wouldn't put up with people using nigger in a negative context either.

It's about respect. Sadly 'fag' does have negative connotations, and like stunt said, it villifies being homosexual, and whilst I don't necessarily agree with that lifestyle you can be damned certain I respect and tolerate it, same as people who aren't religious (mostly) respect and tolerate my faith.

We're better than name calling here on Arnies.

THE *fruitcage* GLS.

I have no idea why the *fruitcage* Royal Mail picked this particular shortbus as their business partner in Poland, but I just found out this morning, by checking the GLS tracking myself, that those useless *suitcases* did indeed "try to" deliver my package ON FRIDAY, and in effect chucked it in some *fruitcage* pet shop in the general vicinity without even leaving a stink of a note, much less a note itself. No phone. No e-mail. NOTHING.

Seriously, all the usefulness of a sponge hammer from those guys.

LGBTQIA?

How many letters is this term going to get before someone realises it's getting ridiculous?

Most of us stick with LGBT+ or LGBTQ+

You know what else is ridiculous? That I could still, in 2017, get fired from my job, evicted from my home, blacklisted from working in certain industries, get refused treatment by my doctors, have certain rights removed or denied to me, or be straight up murdered in the street because of my sexuality.

In other countries no doubt, but in Scotland? Surely you'd be laughing all the way to the bank after suing the *suitcase* out of someone if any of that happened (aside from being murdered of course). 

Most of us stick with LGBT+ or LGBTQ+

You know what else is ridiculous? That I could still, in 2017, get fired from my job, evicted from my home, blacklisted from working in certain industries, get refused treatment by my doctors, have certain rights removed or denied to me, or be straight up murdered in the street because of my sexuality.

Certainly true.

Other people's sexuality is no business of anyone else, and far from relevant to their job or housing situation.

It's disgraceful that this is still as big an issue as it is.

I've been retaliated and socially blackballed to the point that I quit for coming out. One time I worked for a cleaning company, and I said something like "let me use my gay voice" to log out of my phone. Well, the owner was gay, and assumed I was bashing him. Talk about irony.

I just give up either sex. Don't talk to me, don't look at me.

I know what you mean.

I got tired of sex so I got married.

Hey, as a bi-sexual man. I never cared when people used fag, queer, gay or fudge packer ect.. to describe non lbgtqia people. It comes with the territory. Now, if Tinkerton happens to have a boyfriend or trans partner, and he knew about it. Then that's bigotry.

Childish and stupid, yes.

That just means you are thick-skinned.  It is a shame you have been subjected to that kind of abuse.

In the UK it doesn't matter.  If you are using offensive language it is because it is your intent to offend.

Now, if someone is gay and you call them fag then that is deliberate and unacceptable.  I agree.

However.

If someone buys new shoes and you call them gay that is also unacceptable.

If you personally don't mind then that is irrelevant, even if you are gay/whatever.

The intent is to offend and someone could be offended.  The main problem is that is is unnecessary.

You don't need to be a bigot to offend someone, you don't even need to activate the swear filter.  English is such a rich language.

When you die I will throw a party, more people will come to it than to your funeral.  There will be cake.

If you weren't so incompetent you would be dangerous.  Luckily for the world you are merely a waste of oxygen.

Nobody will ever truly love you, nobody even likes you enough to feel bad about that.

I'm not black but I wouldn't put up with people using nigger in a negative context either.
It's about respect. Sadly 'fag' does have negative connotations, and like stunt said, it villifies being homosexual, and whilst I don't necessarily agree with that lifestyle you can be damned certain I respect and tolerate it, same as people who aren't religious (mostly) respect and tolerate my faith.

We're better than name calling here on Arnies.

Well put.

We know that my personal philosophy is anti-theism but you know that two of my best friends are you and Chewie who are both faithful.

I don't understand your beliefs, I don't share them.

However, I respect your right to have them and as a soldier it was my job to protect them by defending your civil rights with force if necessary.

Something I would gladly do.

I would bayonet somebody to protect your right to religious expression.

When you die I will throw a party, more people will come to it than to your funeral.  There will be cake.

If you weren't so incompetent you would be dangerous.  Luckily for the world you are merely a waste of oxygen.

Nobody will ever truly love you, nobody even likes you enough to feel bad about that.

I have neither the time nor crayons to explain this to you. 

Well put.

We know that my personal philosophy is anti-theism but you know that two of my best friends are you and Chewie who are both faithful.

However, I respect your right to have them and as a soldier it was my job to protect them by defending your civil rights with force if necessary.

Genuinely touched (NOT LIKE THAT YOU PERVERTS!) that you say that.

Be excellent to each other. (and don't be a *rickroll*)

I have neither the time nor crayons to explain this to you. 

I heard Donald Trump admires you but thinks you are a bit thick.

This thread is over a 1000 pages long.

There is a bit of an analysis of the post rate in this and the happy thread a few pages back somewhere.

Turns out we are generally a little bit happier but it will take a while to overtake this thread because of the relative ages of the threads.

I know what you mean.

I got tired of sex so I got married.

That just means you are thick-skinned.  It is a shame you have been subjected to that kind of abuse.

In the UK it doesn't matter.  If you are using offensive language it is because it is your intent to offend.

Now, if someone is gay and you call them fag then that is deliberate and unacceptable.  I agree.

However.

If someone buys new shoes and you call them gay that is also unacceptable.

If you personally don't mind then that is irrelevant, even if you are gay/whatever.

The intent is to offend and someone could be offended.  The main problem is that is is unnecessary.

You don't need to be a bigot to offend someone, you don't even need to activate the swear filter.  English is such a rich language.

Well put.

Very well put, and yes, I have been subjected to an extreme amount of abuse in my life. So, it's darkened my view of the world.

Archived