My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I got back to work to tie up a couple of loose ends before my medical leave.

Turned out, someone set me up the bomb. I had to chase down two people who failed to submit proper documentation, and only one of them successfully. The other one? Well, he needs to consult the committee chairman, who unsurprisingly took the entire week off. Also, Brussels doubts we can avoid conflict of interest in our procedures, so I had to lay out the obvious things to them (basically, the procedure requires collective effort, verifiable reviews including numerical ratings with several criteria and multi-stage approval that makes it harder to pull off any shady *suitcase*).

*fruitcage* it, I took a day off tomorrow. Enough that I slept for three hours or so thanks to Anno 2070 and woke up to rain that kept pissing since midnight.

Gf's best mate lives there. Last time she came over there was lots of "why didn't you come over too? You should come next time."

A weekend in Paris under duress makes for a quieter life long term.

Made it St Pancras.

I hate the attitude people have here. The next person to kick my bag because they're walking along very fast while staring into their phone is gonna find themselves without a phone anymore cause I'm gonna spike the damn thing off the platform.

Paris is worse.  So smelly.  Plus, all the French people :P

I'm amused by those "so ugly", "so smelly" remarks. I was in Brussels a couple of times, and people say it's the ugliest capital of Europe. I wouldn't say that, but hey, what do I know, I'm from Warsaw. I kinda felt at home there.

Also, JFC, it's raining again, an hour after I got home sweating like a pig all the way on the bus.

Struggling to keep the figures in my head for my interview tomorrow, never been my strong point. Took me years to learn my home phone number for example.

When there, if you don't know, say so. Don't try and bluff through, be truthful. It's not like you'll ever have to remember stuff like that in the job, they will always be to hand.

Good luck :)

Thanks guys, apparently it was a good interview. Just need the AM to talk through some things with my Pub Manager before a decision is made. Only thing is I'm put of the pub for a week as of Sunday night so won't get to open the letter so hopefully my PM or AM let me know or it's gonna be a tough week hah.

Time to hurry up and wait.

Why ofcourse :).

Just a hassle when you're on a tight schedule'd trip / vacation.

I even hope it's a second smaller leak so I don't have to question their work.

I know errors happen, I just don't like personal confrontation.

95% chairsofter, you see?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Archived