My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Maybe I mis-read the report but, it's to do with all the land and not just the land that is no longer used.

Edit:- yeap, just re-read part of the report (first five pages) and it is to do with setting up a trust to look after the NHS and how it maintains its land and holdings. This new trust would look after new housing for NHS staff. Have a read of it. It's about giving control of the NHS to another group (that's going to cost more money) to make sure the NHS is fit for purpose.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said how could they not force you off the land, I should have said this:-

You sell the land. They own the land you work on. They want more money. You can't afford it. They kick you off, or would there be a ruling so the landlord couldn't kick you off. The you in question here is a NHS hospital.

Edit:- I typed this before you added the third paragraph. I understand the empty land sell off point. But that's not what I am on about. I am talking about a hospital that is used and wants to know what help they would get if indeed a landlord tried to up the rent or wanted them off the land.

Thanks to Labour, the hospital isn't owned by the NHS anyway, it's owned by the PFI company which built it, with a 30 year contract to be paid a huge fee each year whether the building is fit for purpose or not.

The Naylor review was into properties that NHS England does own but doesn't use. As NHS England is busy providing healthcare, it's not really bothered about those properties despite them costing millions in taxes and security fees. So a new organisation was created; NHS Property Services, who manage the NHS estate, responsible for new builds, maintenance, selling unused properties, etc.

It's like in the 90's with the Defence Establishment Research Agency when its site services division split off to become DSSD. It allowed both organisations to concentrate on what they do best. Whereas before each DERA site would bring in experts to advise on new buildings etc, with DSSD they could have their own permanent team thus saving everyone money. DSSD's accounts department looked at DERA's books and found tens of thousands of pounds in owed money which DERA hadn't been aware of or hadn't bothered to chase up.

I like a healthy debate as much as the next person, but just as a pre-emptive warning, maybe this isn't the place.

As it stands, I'm undecided on who to vote for next week, there's far too much mud slinging (in my opinion) in order to make a properly informed decision, and new things keep being brought to light all the time.

If you want a politics thread, fine, be my guest. I'd encourage it, in fact. But that would be moderated heavily so as to avoid personal attacks and keep things civil.

Today's rant: have to schedule stock take.

I hate stock take.

https://uk.isidewith.com/

Fill in the questionnaire, find out who you agree with, vote for them.

Realise it doesn't make a difference because politicians are people and people are garbage.

Wish we had proportional representation.

Be salty about it for a while.

Move on.

Someone kicked my crawler board under the truck I was working on and I ran over it, it was laying out of the way not in a walk way. He then thought it was hilarious that he had hidden it and I hadn't found it. Only had it a few months. *badger*s.

Or, call us lot.

I would look at a charge of criminal damage. I'm guessing there are witnesses, maybe CCTV. Get a conviction out of it, get compensated and he has a conviction for life.

But then, I am a twat...

:P

Trouble is it's half my fault. We have a policy here that you should always look under motors before moving them. I didn't as I knew where I had left everything and had literally just rolled out from underneath and walked around to the cab. So I've voided any claim I could've made!

Plus I'd just alienate the workshop if I went down the legal route. No one likes that in this game.

He will come to his senses and buy me another im sure. Right now im in the right and he's in the wrong in the eyes of all the other blokes here so peer pressure will wear him down hopefully! A nice £130 bill for him :) it was a snap-on metal creeper.

can you get him for theft and destruction of property?

Theft isn't complete, no intention to permanently deprive the owner.

I was being silly about calling the rozzers.

Delta, does your man have a decent creeper you will be using until he replaces yours? One that you will chain up every time you aren't using it?

When I worked for the AA last century, one of the managers somehow drove over their IBM Stinkpad crushing it.

The account manager was called and cheekily my colleague suggested they should replace it under warranty as the current advert for the model was an elephant standing on it (to show how "powerful" it was).

Amazingly the account manager laughed and actually sent us a replacement!

Surgeon's none the wiser. I got antibiotics, though, if only because I refused having my *albatross* dragged for a surgery over the weekend. The weekend I have a Comic Con ticket bought for.

I also missed the first day of the con, but that's not a problem since it gets interesting come Saturday, and the leatherworker I was supposed to pick the leather doublet from will be there for the entire four days.

Also, I had the misfortune of playing Overwatch with the dumbest pack of wankstains this side of a whorehouse bedsheet.

Give three options, all with possible back ups and different time scenarios. Trust someone to go for an option not considered, not planned for and more than likely going to cook up (hence why it wasnt considered with the original three). Next time someone asks me what would you do, I'll just say 'the exact opposite of what you'll do'.

And this is something I will be involved in and spend money on. So it's not just a recommendation but I'm personally vested in it.

Archived