My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taxi drivers have their own league for driving twattery...

Yes. They're uncultured, money-grubbing swine, and the local ones even go as far as assaulting Uber drivers for no reason other than undercutting their ridiculously inflated fares.

Not to mention having Uber's London license revoked. Wonder how that happened...

Pressure from black cab drivers, the same black cab drivers who resisted being CRB checked unless mini cab drivers were forced to pass the Knowledge.

Talking of Taxis, C&C Taxis of Cornwall swapped it's fleet for Leafs and saved £41k in fuel per year. They've just retired their first Leaf after 180k miles (the equivalent of 14 years average driving in just 4 years) due to wear and tear on the interior and no breakdowns.

It's got a big boot. With the high roof and plenty of leg room they're easy for the less abled to get in and out.

Maybe.

I looked, they're not in the motorbility scheme yet - or if they are I couldn't see them. Even if they were, they'd probably want thousands upfront.

These 'sport' versions of the Discovery or Rangerover get them just as stuck on wet grassy hills.

They should get a Pinzgauer

If you wanted to go greenlaning, you wouldn't be driving one of those in the first place.

No, get a Pinzgauer

Oh yes, the tires are indeed tarmac tires. And stiffer/ lower suspension, and engine/gearbox tunes for acceleration, and quicker steering response.

Not Pinzgauers

Ah, it's so great to see them get dug in when they just floor it and spin the wheels. Soft-roaders and Chelsea tractors.

Not Pinzgauers

Yeah, so, everybody buy a Pinzgauer.

And a Leaf if you want but a Pinzgauer for sure.

Yeah, so, everybody buy a Pinzgauer.

And a Leaf if you want but a Pinzgauer for sure.

Can you convert a Pinzgauer to leccy? I just like the thought of parking it in an EV charging space, wait for someone to complain and get out and plug it in as you turn to them and say "Problem?"

Maybe.

I looked, they're not in the motorbility scheme yet - or if they are I couldn't see them. Even if they were, they'd probably want thousands upfront.

There's a lot of pressure on Nissan to include it, or the env200 (which should finally be getting the upgrade from 24kWh to 40kWh battery for a lot more range) as that should allow for rear wheelchair access via ramp.

Considering they get £4.5k from the government towards the cost of the vehicle, and were doing plenty of deals with either zero deposit or £199 down and £199 a month for an Acenta level Leaf, it'd be really bad publicity for Nissan to demand a big deposit on motorbility, and its low running costs surely make it ideal for those on a fixed/low budget.

I'd see about arranging a 4 day test drive, even if they only have the old funky looking Leaf as the interior isn't any different to the new one apart from the dash. See if you get on with it and then if you've got the time and energy, I'd spam their facebook/twitter pages asking when the Leaf is going to be offered on motorbility, and if you're part of a group get everyone else to do it too.

As I've said before, my dad has hydrocephalus, he's 6'4" and about 25 stone, but had no trouble getting in and out of my car, even the back seat, so it's a decent size for access. The Zoe and BMW i3 are quite small, the Hyundai iOniq is a decent size from what I've heard, but they aren't doing many deals on it, and while it can get 130 miles out of a 24kWh battery, by now it should be offered with a larger one. Or there's the Outlander PHEV. The problem is a lot of manufactures are making hybrids simply to be compliance vehicles so they can sell in California, like the Merc B class leccy, sold for peanuts but with no interest from Mercedes really. No rapid charge ability, and once they'd completed the required numbers they dropped it. 

The diesel NV200 people carrier is on motability for an advance payment of of £1749. Which is up there. The e-NV200, the 100% electric version of said car, is not available.

There are no electric cars on there at all, and only a few hybrids, most of which seem to be Toyota and none of them are in the MPV range. 

The diesel NV200 people carrier is on motability for an advance payment of of £1749. Which is up there. The e-NV200, the 100% electric version of said car, is not available.

There are no electric cars on there at all, and only a few hybrids, most of which seem to be Toyota and none of them are in the MPV range. 

Looks like the Leaf was removed from the scheme in 2017. It was £999 AP for the Visia, £1999 for the Acenta and £2599 for the Tekna

I would imagine it was removed to release stock for the general market before the new Leaf was announced.

Like my Black Edition was released to use up remaining stocks of 3.3kW slow chargers.

The new Leaf currently just has one "special edition" grade, so I would imagine once it's been out for a while they'll split it into the three grades, and with a bit of luck the Visia will get the heat pump that the Acenta and Tekna have rather than the Gen 1 inefficient heater.

Archived