My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I know, I'd expect that sort of reaction from others but not from a close family member, especially the way she'd been talking about my cousin and him not wanting surgery or being an *albartroth* about taking antibiotics because he's in the church of bad science fiction

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I have been directly negatively affected by Brexit for the first time.

My lease on the Skoday Citigo is coming up so I went down to the dealership to see what I can do.

Due to the *albartroth* falling out of the used car market I am in negative equity on the car (only by a couple of hundred quid but still).

That can be partly attributed to Brexit.

What can be directly attributed to Brexit though is the fact that Skoda no longer offers 0% finance on any cars.

So, to get the same car with the same deposit as last time would now cost £178 a month, I am currently paying £91.

Costs nearly doubling due to Brexit?  That is a kick in the balls.

On the plus side, it looks like I am keeping the car now so the GPS unit I got for Xmas is going to be appreciated for longer.

The lease rates are bad at the moment. I have a car for work, 3 year lease due for renewal this year. Have been looking at replacements and the same car is much more expensive. Across the board, cars of a similar spec are about £70 to £100 per month more expensive.

Couple that with the changes to dividend taxes and Im about £2k down already compared to last year :(

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Archived