My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another school shooting. Ah, I remember my days in high school. Being profiled for being a "school shooter in progress" because I like airsoft. 

It's funny, we go on about being the "freest nation" simply due to our armament (we are not at the top of list, not even the top ten)

I found a supply of decent-looking knockoff Cobra buckles on Aliexpress.

For half the price, which is still 15 bucks.

I'm not expecting to replace the ones on my NEST vest anytime soon. I need eight of those, and a ninth one for my ALICE frame.

emails are easy to forget.

much more difficult to procrastinate to someone whos actually called in.

True. I'll see if I get a chance to call any of them tomorrow.

If they're gonna make me do the chasing they could at least open when I'm not at work.

The absolute *albartrotheth* at the council have decided they want to do waterworks on the pavements in my area. Now that's not really an issue but they haven't notified anyone and the pathways involved are the ones I park the mini next to. So whilst I was away at work they've taken their circular saws and other machines of pavement death and cut their channels up right next to my car. It's now absolutely covered in dust and muck, all gritty *suitcase* that isn't going to do my paintwork any good. To top it off the workers or someone else has written clean me on the roof... further adding scratches and more damage.

Why couldn't they have put up signs a week or so before to warn people parking on the street that the work would be happening and maybe to not park there?? Would that really have been so hard?!?!

A very angry letter is being sent to the council.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I wonder if anyone realizes that the people you have to be careful of are not sociopaths, psychopaths? Those people are the easiest to avoid. You should worry the most about people that always play the hero. There are people out there that are genuine hero's. They are often, more than not, modest. But there are specific men out there that cause trouble, often so they can fix it later on. People don't understand that these people are genuinely disingenuous, because they are often than not so convincing of their good-natured behavior. These people seek validation SO much, they won't be afraid to destroy you behind your back if you don't fit their attention-seeking agenda. This is mainly a "man" issue, but somedays I wonder how many politicians create problems, just so they can "clean" up the problem to get ahead. After seeing this "behavior", and realizing it's common in men. I guarantee it's more often than you would think.

Ha, I need to stop thinking so much.

My Vivoactive HR has given up the ghost so I am currently watchless (my other watch is a good 100 miles away).

Plus side I took out the Argos insurance plan so will get it repaired/replaced or vouchers to the value of it. And I'm kind of keen on moving to a watch that looks more like a watch (vivoactive 3 methinks).

I wonder if anyone realizes that the people you have to be careful of are not sociopaths, psychopaths? Those people are the easiest to avoid. You should worry the most about people that always play the hero. There are people out there that are genuine hero's. They are often, more than not, modest. But there are specific men out there that cause trouble, often so they can fix it later on. People don't understand that these people are genuinely disingenuous, because they are often than not so convincing of their good-natured behavior. These people seek validation SO much, they won't be afraid to destroy you behind your back if you don't fit their attention-seeking agenda. This is mainly a "man" issue, but somedays I wonder how many politicians create problems, just so they can "clean" up the problem to get ahead. After seeing this "behavior", and realizing it's common in men. I guarantee it's more often than you would think.

Ha, I need to stop thinking so much.

Hero syndrome - leads to pyromaniac fireman, for example, who light fires to be idolized as heroes?

The weather sucks.

Also, some absolute cretin is responsible for mixing the audio in the first Darksiders game, which means that you can barely hear me in my gameplay video, and if you look at the waveform, it tops out for extended periods during most of the video.

Archived