My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh the whole civil service is *fruitcage*ed and expected to do more and more with cuts to budgets whilst simultaneously wasting money on . For example CAST has recently been made part of DSTL with the intention of closing the site in a couple of years. Apart from the costs of rebranding they have also spent money on a new IT system which won't do half the things the old one did, meanwhile many parts of the infrastructure are breaking down and not being fixed

Situation Normal: All Fruitcaged Up

Every part of the government is the same - they waste money on stupid things, they spend millions to "save" thousands, they abandon projects that are almost finished thereby rendering all the money spent on them useless...

The place is run by idiots.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at a motor on eBay.

I message the guy for more pics, and while at it I ask him if he had a figure in mind or whether he wanted to let the auction run it's course. He tells me no, and asks if I have a figure I wanted to pay for it. I make an offer which he politely declines. 

No drama so far.

That night though he changes the listing and adds a buy it now price. So apparently he did have a figure in mind.

I am very frustrated. Especially as I've allowed myself to become attached before I've even bought the thing.

When you store a cheap JG AR with no carry handle fitted.  Rail decided it didn't want to stay flat and managed to curl up somehow.  Just siting there.  First break is towards the front.  Second break is me testing how flexible is was.  It turns out, not very flexible.  Snapped like it was made of meringue.  I'm guessing you can't just get replacement rail but need a whole upper?

39EHEwE.jpg

Everyone gets hung up on things they see and want, be it people, houses or vehicles or shinies. 

And if you don't get that thing, it wasn't meant to be. That, or it will come around again in the future. 

Returned to my car and lo and behold, some -insert random insult here- drove against my car yet again. Deep scratches galore.

3rd time now. Love living in a city and having only public parking spaces.

To be fair, It's been damaged and not repared a long time now, so what's a bit more eh?
Though I'm getting the ' but it's an Audi.... ' a lot. It drives, and it drives well, no matter the brand :).
Battle scars!

*badger*s to that. 

My last car got hit parked outside my house. I live opposite a doctors surgery in a town full of old gimmers. The hitter probably never even noticed. 

That didn't stop me from wanting to hunt them down and execute them slowly. With a housebrick. 

I installed cctv after that to catch anyone who tries that again. 

It boils my that one should have to pay for damage one did not incur. 

Edit 2, some swears now just get deleted, instead of being changed into a comedy word... 

Wifey dropped the post-Xmas out if hospital streak by getting taken in by ambulance with central chest pain...

So now I'm hanging around the resus bay of the local A&E waiting to find out if she's had an MI or not.
Fek that, Hedge. Hope she's doing OK...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn H8324 met Tapatalk

It was a 'mild to moderate' MI, so that's not great. On the cardiac ward now, on a couple of different blood thinners and waiting for more tests and whatnot.

So yeah, can't say 'at least you've not had a heart attack' anymore... :(

Sorry to hear it, hope she picks up soon 

Bloody female logic. She says she thinks we need a new TV for the bedroom and by fate a mate was getting rid of a 38" plasma screen TV that had hardly been used for free. She's now coming out with every excuse she can think of to suggest getting rid including that the screen is dirty

Archived