My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, did I mention that the UPS tracker is completely *fruitcage*ed?

Because it is. Somehow, it cannot parse "held by customs" correctly and treats the parcel as prepared for delivery. The helpline employees are fully aware, the higher-ups don't give a *suitcase*.

So unsurprisingly, I'm gonna get hit with extra charges for the DE.

Dpd.

Today (the 16th) I got an email (my first from them) telling me that if I didn't pay the charges on my parcel by the 15th (yesterday) they were going to return it.

Bit cheeky.

Big VAT bill too, 280 quid Lego model from Belgium, 4% duty on the value of the item then 20% VAT on the value of the item, packaging, postage and duty (that's paying tax on tax, government - *albatrosses*) comes to 70 quid.

Not going to matter if they just send it back the day before asking me to pay though.

On 3/16/2021 at 4:15 PM, Hedganian said:

It's UPS. I'm pretty sure they're the worst courier company on earth, and on top of that they appear to actively hate airsoft.

But your mileage may vary.

Nah, there are worse things, like DPD or Herpes...

Hermes, I mean.

Also, some comparison. Before I could speak to an actual person on the UPS helpline, I had to go through a fartillion of pointless tone-selected menus, spell the parcel number clearly so the idiotic machine could tell me the obvious thing, and wait for over five minutes before anyone picked up.

Now, it turned out that the grip seller from Etsy *fruitcage*ed up spectacularly and had to tell me that I need to contact DHL because they have no way of reaching me and the parcel got stuck in customs. So I call DHL helpline and after inputting two numbers into the menu, I'm immediately put through to an actual person.

And finally, the gas company over here is such a blatant example of government-controlled idiocy that I won't be mad when they get inevitably privatized. Basically, my stepdad died last October, I had to jump through a *fruitcage*ton of hoops to even get the number of the gas utilities contract in order to close it (including lugging a *fruitcage* death certificate to their customer service point in the middle of a *fruitcage* pandemic-induced lockdown) and open a new one in my own name, and now those morons send me legal threats that my stepdad owes them the princely sum of two quid or thereabouts and has to pay it immediately, or they will take the matter to court.

My reply to that, unsurprisingly, started with "LISTEN UP YOU PRIMITIVE SCREWHEADS". Followed by a reminder that they want to sue a dead man, and proof that I don't owe them *suitcase*, as the last bill I got stated that over the last year I managed to overpay them five quid, so whose *albatross* did they pull those two quid from?

Took them more than a week to go through the absolute cluster*fruitcage* of their billing system and dig up that I haven't paid a bill or two in 2019. Never before that legal threat they mentioned it, by adding it to any of the bills they sent since or otherwise, and they had a *fruitcage* year to do it. The bellends. The knobs. The flapping scrotes, all of them.

12 hours ago, Hedganian said:

I went to plant some flowers in the garden today. To do so, I needed to put on my 'work' clothes. The trousers would not fasten.

This makes me sad.

I too have been inadvertently 'winter bulking' it seems.

I am refusing to buy bigger work trousers, and use a belt to hold them shut as I can zip about 3/4 the way up and not fasten the button. I am doing this to shame myself to do something about it.

It's a shame that we can't use the ones buying the spammers to have their bots flood these boards with their stupid adverts for audio-responsive BB targets.

I mean, not the spammers, but the ones who pay the spammers to drag their products' reputation through the dirt.

On 3/18/2021 at 11:23 PM, shmook said:

I am refusing to buy bigger work trousers, and use a belt to hold them shut as I can zip about 3/4 the way up and not fasten the button. I am doing this to shame myself to do something about it.

Sounds like you're one stretch away from potentially ending up on a register 😄

OK, so UPS has officially gone to pot.

Time for DHL to sort out customs procedures and deliver the parcel, counting from sending me a request to fill the forms and provide proof: 23 hours.

Time for UPS to do the same? *fruitcage* AGES. They're supposed to start adding storage surcharge after three working days of holding onto the parcel and guess what, they got all the documents from me on Tuesday and still haven't done *suitcase*.

3 hours ago, Hedganian said:

Don't say I didn't warn you, man...

Like I had a choice, with the EMS refusing to ship out of China and HK in the first place.

*suitcase*, I'd take EMS over that sluggish cluster*fruitcage* anyday if I could. 50 bucks up the *albatross* because people can't "quarantine" the parcel for 48 hours. They're so lazy in the local postal service that those 48 hours would require no extra effort!

My tooth! Sweet Jesus, OUCH!

Basically, for the last three days I had a weird tooth/jaw ache that manifested only during my work hours. Yesterday I went through 3/4 of an ibuprofen blister, obviously worrying about the effects of it. Sure, I chipped my tooth weeks ago, but only now it started acting up and goes away around 4PM.

I have a dentist appointment on Friday to sort it out, but right now I'm wondering whether it's psychosomatic.

1, I am not a doctor.
2, This tastes bad.
3, It hurts when you do it.

That said, if there is a hole in your tooth, chew an asprin into the hole.
It forms a decent cap on the hole, hurts really badly for a bit then provides relief.

Remember: 100% Asprin *nothing else* - Ginge is not a doctor.

No, thank you, it's not a "hole", it's "half is gone", and I'm still running on a 400mg ibuprofen pill I got in the morning.

And "half is gone" is how it was for the last two or three weeks.

Also, the mouse delivery is running late.

• 3 months later...

So, the second dose of COVID vaccine knocked me on my *albatross* for a full day, I sweated like a pig and I'm still feeling iffy.

Also, I can't find a S&T M1903 anywhere now, at least not for a price lower than the new S&T K98k with a scope. I mean, seriously, the K98k is 200 quid or so, and the scope mount is 120 quid, but the last M1903s in European shops go for over 400€ and I'm not even considering getting one from HK, assuming there are any left there.

On 11/12/2019 at 4:18 PM, Mike_West said:

Ugh. Turns out I could get a Dboys K98K with a scope (similar scope setup to the G&G version) for $170 before shipping, but I don't like that "scope in the middle" setup.

Great. I just reminded myself that I wanted a M1903 only because there was no K98k replica with a serviceable rear scope mount.

But now there is.

Maybe I should get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived