My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Crikey, and i thought it was expensive to use the bus around here.

Infact before it was cheaper to get a train into Wales than it was into town!

----

There is one good thing about those heelys y'know, a lot of kids i get coming in at work have them. I'd much rather have kids rolling around on those pretty quietly than running around and sounding like the apocalypse :o

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ban those buses - a single trip into town and back for three people cost £15 the other night, and that's just outrageous!
...what?! I thought MY government wastes the taxpayers' money, but this is outrageous!

Anyway, I'm seriously ###### off because of the tech guys at my work. I wonder how long will it take them to get the site functional, especially considering the fact that I'm there as the creative editor and all I have to do is screwing around and updating the game database. WTF, seriously?!

Ban those buses - a single trip into town and back for three people cost £15 the other night, and that's just outrageous!

snip </rant>

Damn. $2 per person one way on Oahu. 2 way for 3 people works out to about 6 Pounds.

I hate the fact that since I am married and receiving BAH (basic allowance for housing) from the military, they are trying to make me move out of the barracks. Now, I am getting extra cash to pay for my families housing, but they are in North Carolina, and I am in Hawaii. I am therefore an Geographical Bachelor. But, now the Navy is saying that since I am getting money to pay for a house in North Carolina, I have to move off base. Rent in Hawaii is about $1000 a month. So to get around having to move, my command is assigning me as the RA for my barracks building.

I can accept the whole "We need to free up rooms for people coming here fresh from bootcamp" argument, but the problem is, they are telling me that I was never authorized to live here. I have been in the same barracks room for the last 3 years, and I have 6 months left here. And now they are telling me to move. Turns out, the Navy Housing in Hawaii is having an audit this month.

People who reply to every thread asking if they want to trade a paintball gun, its an airsoft forum!!!!!

Oh yeah, and people who cant spell.

..........and people who use i to refer to themselves, and don't capitalize names. Show some respect to yourself and others.

..........and people who use i to refer to themselves, and don't capitalize names.  Show some respect to yourself and others.

Oh thank God that's not just me! Wtf is wrong with people not capitalising names? It's one of the most basic rules of written English. How lacking in self-esteem do you have to be to not even capitalise your own name?

:zorro:

It's nothing to do with self-esteem, just sheer laziness and ignorance. Can't be bothered to reach out to the shift key, and don't know or care that they should.

After all, it's "only the internet, not an English exam" as one txt-spkr told me on some forum...

Txt spk. I know that British education isn't the best in the world but would you put "Da kemikul simbul 4 wata is H20MFG d00dz" in a Chemistry exam?

Not if you want to work at McDonald's till you're 65 you wouldn't.

There is no excuse for using it in text messages or emails, or in IM clients. IT IS NOTTHAT HARD OR TAXING TO TYPE CORRECT ENGLISH.

In fact, typing text speak in your emails/texts/messenger conversations is MORE effort than typing properly, at least in my experience. I can type about, I dunno, 60 words a minute? It would take me far longer to type the same amount of words in text speak, because my brain doesn't have a 'retard' function that I can switch it to whenever it is required.

Txt spk. I know that British education isn't the best in the world but would you put "Da kemikul simbul 4 wata is H20MFG d00dz" in a Chemistry exam?

Not if you want to work at McDonald's till you're 65 you wouldn't.

I failed Chemistry, so I might as well have done. Fortunately, I've avoided a Mcjob.

I may have done this one before, in which case the next poster can feel free to post "people who repost in the same goddamn thread!!!" with a nice neat link to my original post.

People who put FOR SALE signs in car windows, but not the price. The fact that there's a sign in the window pretty much gives the game away, you might as well make it informative and save everyone's time by telling us all the flippin' price. What are people supposed to do? Ring you up, ask how much, find out it's too steep then say "Oh, thanks anyway?" Are they so desperate to hear the sound of another human voice? Are they scared they've priced it wrong? All they have to do is check Parker's price guide or Autotrader, it's not difficult. :rolleyes:

MSN.

1.) Its about as consistent as a WE hi-capa.

2.) Those stupid little jingles when you recieve a new message.

3.) The fact that people don't leave you alone when the ''busy'' or ''away'' icon is there.

4.) When people continue to talk to you while you actively tell them you are busy.

5.) Those bleedin' emoticons. Sometimes it happens to the best of us, but there is only so much txt spk and emoticon epilepsy icons of death I can take.

6.) Those friggin links from the people you really don't care about. You feel compelled to look at them because you know the inevitable ''what do you think?'' will appear straight after.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uneducated lazy dolite goits who refuse to work.

1.) They can't construct a meaningful, worthwhile reason for why they shouldnt work, but rather a ''bad back'' constitutes a brand new VW golf ;)

2.) They don't work, yet manage to afford to live better than I do!

3.) They are basically a waste of gravitational pull.

4.) They have less teeth than the Detroit Red Wings, yet more money than them.

5.) They are the least intelligent breed of 'human' in Britain, yet manage to screw over the supposedly most intelligent people in the country, with benefit claims etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lager.

1.) It tastes bad....very bad.

2.) Its fizzy (Only ladies drink fizzy alcohol ;))

3.) Its not Guinness.

4.) Nuff said about lager, who fancies a guinness?

I know what you mean about msn. I eventually just turned all the sound alerts off as they were very irritating popping up every few mins.

My annoyance for today is people who drive at 30 miles an hour on roads that are 60, with no safe places to overtake. Also, people slowing to a near stop whilst joining motorways. Or people driving along completely oblivious that their indicator is on.

MSN.

1.) Its about as consistent as a WE hi-capa.

2.) Those stupid little jingles when you recieve a new message.

3.) The fact that people don't leave you alone when the ''busy'' or ''away'' icon is there.

4.) When people continue to talk to you while you actively tell them you are busy.

5.) Those bleedin' emoticons. Sometimes it happens to the best of us, but there is only so much txt spk and emoticon epilepsy icons of death I can take.

6.) Those friggin links from the people you really don't care about. You feel compelled to look at them because you know the inevitable ''what do you think?'' will appear straight after.

1. Seems fine to me, I'd check your system.

2. You can disable sounds or even change them.

3. I presume you're not appearing offline, or even turning MSN off for a reason.

4. Emoticons can also be disabled.

5. Blocking people is always good.

:P I hate to be a Microsoft fanboy, but MSN seems to be one of the few things they get right, it is very functional and customisable.

At least he only conned a TV company. What about "Mad" Frankie Fraser? In and out of prison, costing the taxpayer money. Now, he's some sort of celebrity to wheel out on crime issues. Shouldn't there be a law saying criminals cannot profit from their crimes? Sure, let them write books, appear on TV, etc. But the profits should go to their victims.

:zorro:

there is over here, for instance there is a notorious hitman called chopper reid (link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Brandon_Read funnily ennough wiki spelt his name wrong) who had a movie made about him, he didnt get a single cent for it and was forced to give his cut to the Royal Childrens hospital in melbourne.

the ###### doesnt even feel good about giving to charity, i saw him do stand up (he cant make any money these days and he is a ###### comedian) and he make jokes about stealing it back from the kids and boasted about having not been caught for an out standing unsolved murder.

sorry just kept refreshing the page to see how much it would annoy you im sorry for your loss you have my deepest regrets sorry how is babby formed?

Samm has your keyboard run out of commas today?

--

Sledge, it must be the time of year, all my sales threads are dying on their arses as we speak.. :(

It's always the way when you REALLY need the money. <_<

Archived