My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Richard Gere cannot do an Irish accent! So why cast him as an Irishman? It makes it very difficult to take a film seriously when Gere is doing some bizarre funny voice in it. This goes for any actor cast in a role they clearly can't do the accent for. The only exceptions to this are Sean Connery and Christopher Lambert.

:zorro:

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All courier companies.

I'm here waiting for that sodding UPS van, and a courier van turns up. I leap up, run to the door, and the guy says...

"I've got a package here for <insert random Welsh address> and I can't find the place, can you help me?"

"No, sorry."

"Alright then mate, Merry Christmas."

Ah well, at least he was courteous... :(

1) Immigrants who can't even speak the lanuguage!!! I mean, I'll go get some fast food, and I'll ask for a plain cheeseburger burger and a Coke and I'll get my burger, but it has every thing on it, my drink is a Sprite and not a Coke, and for whatever reason there's a side of fries next to the burger! I mean, C'MON, if you come to the country, you've GOT to know the language. my dumb history teacher thinks we should know their languages so it's like sure, lets learn Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, French, and 37 German dialects. I think, it's our country, they wanted to come here, they should know the language. Period.

2) when you're listening to a good song and the person next to yu starts singing and drowns out the real singer. I mean gosh, I'll be listening to a great song and all of a suddn my brother starts wailing next to me and the whole song is ruined! argh, that gets me so mad.

3) teachers playing favorites! especially my stupid history teacher, he FLIRTS with the girls in my class and totally favors them. WE'll be having a contest Boys v. Girl for some extra credit, and we'll win by 10 points, and he'll come up with some unfair way to make it a tie so everyone gets the EC. I'll utter 3 words and get flipping sent to the office, and all the girls are over there giggling, constantly, and he does nothing! arrgh, I think this is my most annoying pet peeve.

4) when pro athletes holdout on contracts for more money. Braylon Edwards, a good rookie reciever for the Browns, was offered like 5 million bucks, in his rookie year, and he held out for 2 million more. personally, if I were him, I'd just be happy to be getting more than 6 figures my rookie year! it's amazing how greedy some people are these days.

those are my rants, there might be more to come, but it feels good to get them off my chest for a while. :)

Merry Christmas

Greg

Chuffing Christmas that's what I'd like to enter into this Arnies version of room 101. It's just an excuse to stick you in a room full of people you hate making you eat things that are bad for you while they chat about junk and then it's also an excuse for them to dress you in clothes they think you should wear that in no way fit in with your sense of style/taste.

You can't go anywhere because nothing is open, oh no tell a lie our local cornor ashop is open but they've doubled the price of bread and milk.

There's no post and no decent shops are open, so all the fools who've given you money know you will get nothing out of it for days...

All in all I'm hating it

Some cheeky funting chuck has been on my MSN account (which I only use for emails and if I really need it) and changed both my screen name to some Little Britain quoting gay parody, deleted all of my emails, sent several emails to friends of mine and signed me up to about 20 odd different newsletters from vibrating chairs and muscle relaxants to horseriding and Donkey Kong!

How I love people. Especially when fleeing from a crazed maniac with a shotgun.

Some cheeky funting chuck has been on my MSN account (which I only use for emails and if I really need it) and changed both my screen name to some Little Britain quoting gay parody, deleted all of my emails, sent several emails to friends of mine and signed me up to about 20 odd different newsletters from vibrating chairs and muscle relaxants to horseriding and Donkey Kong!

How I love people. Especially when fleeing from a crazed maniac with a shotgun.

Change ya password again.

Speaking of MSN:

People who will not ###### off when you want to talk to one person, i have this contact who wil not pee off after i tell her that im busy or something else and what does she do continue to annoy me, doesnt she know im busy.

Hmm... a friend of a friend of mine found out that I'm not a catholic, and proceeded to send me 15 E-Mails trying to get me to convert. After the first 3, where I put a sorry argument back, he began to get annoying and spout inane drivel about nothing. Naturally, I began to tell him about "It's done, don't send stuff to me anymore". Instead, I got mail after mail, and whenever I was online, he'd send me thousands upon thousands of paragraphs of religious ravings, some too stupid for any Christian to believe ("God creates miracles everyday. For example, you ever notice when you lose a pencil and find one on the ground? When you find it, it's not coincidence. God did it, it's a miracle! I always find pencils when I lose them, that shows that the faithful have miracles happen to them!"), and ranting at EVERYTHING I said, with arguments that made no sense at all (Showing that he apparently wasn't a Catholic, he was some sort of cultist Puritan).

Eventually, I sent him a very nasty E-Mail disproving everything he'd told me, ripping him up in every way possible and making it in such a way he'd have to have a degree in Law to argue out of it. All he could say to that was "I know what I believe, and because you don't you're going to Hell". After I started ignoring everything he said, he started spamming my forum until I didn't... I really ought to go down to Dartmouth and kick this ######'s *albatross*.

/rant

Get a restraining order on him and file some claim that he is harrassing you.

That sorts out most problems.

Edit: Don't you hate when you order overs seas for a small item then when you get it, it is ###### but shipping it back is worth more than the item. Really depressing. That and the fact that this itam is ###### no matter how cool it looked on the web.

Change ya password again.

Speaking of MSN:

People who will not ###### off when you want to talk to one person, i have this contact who wil not pee off after i tell her that im busy or something else and what does she do continue to annoy me, doesnt she know im busy.

There's a block function for a reason.

People who go on about stuff just for attention. That's also quite annoying.

They're from Neopets.com, which is like a site where you get a little virtual pet and you have to get money and sell ###### or something, basically a site for immature children,  yet they don't know that, so they look like fools :P

You think i didn't know that when i released my master plan?

Well done now crandall >.<

:P

You know what really ###### me of? People who insult other country's weapons for no other reason then the country itself, its military history or the fact they had a *suitcasey* gun 50-odd years ago, with usually unsupported information.

I mean, what the hell? Example- "Belgium had a *suitcasey* gun in WWII, thus, their new guns R teh suckz!" or "France hasn't won anything in the last 1000000 yearz lol". Then, they somehow make the comparison to the Airsoft version of the gun.

Even so, there's no real point to that. A lot of its done by 12-year-old 'Patriots', that are too hung-up on themselves to realize that they're not the only country in the world, and all their neighbours aren't living in shacks. I mean, if half of their assumptions were true, wouldn't some backfire? I mean, if America beat one country at a war 300 years ago (Example: Some kids laughing at Britain because of the American Revolution), they've never heard about 1812 when Britain/Canada/First Nations fought back and won? All because one country has a *suitcasey*/ugly gun, doesn't mean the rest of the country's guns suck. For example, the first-gen M16 took almost no punishment at all, and were traded with AKs by American soldiers.

[/rant]

Perhaps I'm being a bit hypocritical here, but this is a rant, not directed at anyone.

I can see where who-ever-it-was is coming from with the religious conversion thing.

One of my ex's and my current girlfriend are Christian, and some of the arguements they use to try to get me to believe in some kind of God are at times quite insane.

Most of what they tend to take as proofs can often be explained as either a coincidence, explainable by science, or just drivel.

If people want to believe in a God, that's fine.

If they don't get the point that I don't and never will believe the same as them, even after 4 whole chapters in my bloody book, hours of disproving their proofs, and then just ignoring them, then it's often hard to get them to go away.

EDIT: On that note, my pissin book is getting on my nerves too.

I started writing it a few months ago, but still have loads left to write.

There was a publisher that was interested in the idea and an excerpt that I sent them, but I just can't seem to get the damn thing finished.

Archived