My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EXTREMELY IDIOTIC COSPLAYERS, who don't seem to understand when their suit looks retarded

What the hell’s with these?

These are usually fat kids who smell like cheese, almost always living with their parents, watching shows that were OBVIOUSLY made for kids.

These kids go to conventions, dressed up like God-knows-what, usually with pink hair and dresses (even the boys), and go prance around on a stage.

I met two of these THAT VERY SAME DAY while I was walking back from the surplus store, and naturally, I started screaming rude things at them (being the ###### I am).

They walked away dejectedly, one of them beginning to slowly sob to himself… after that, I started laughing nastily after them, being the ###### I am.

Still, these people are naturally resilient to insults, and keep on going no matter how many times you punch them in the gut.

COLLECTIBLE GAMING CARDS (Not sports cards, or playing cards, the loser cards like ‘Magic- The Gathering’ and ‘Yu-Gi-Oh’)

Wow, these are stupid.

People throw away actual MONEY to play this ######. I mean, they throw away freakin’ PARTIES to play this, and go to those stupid comic-book stores to buy these en-masse. They think it's "EXTREME" and do their best to make the already dull, pathetic game that's ruling their lives as exciting as possible, which usually isn't exciting at all.

They practically worship their best card, and think that their game is ‘a sport’. Idiots…

[/rant]

Ok, I agree with the chavs part, but can you honestly say that these people look weird when you're the one running around dressed in camo with a toy gun? No, you can't. To the people in their group they look normal, and to the people in your group, you look normal. The Cosplayers are probably saying the same things about airsofters "They're so lame, they pertend to be soldiers with their plastic shooting weapons-o-doom."

Now for the cards, the same can be said about your favorite vest or airsoft gun. You "throw away" money on airsoft guns and gear, you go to your airsoft store and buy up accesories "en-masse," you go to parties/skirmishes to play. Hell, airsoft might even rule your life, and you probably worship your best gun or piece of gear like any other airsofter ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh yes, this thread will NEVER DIE! :D

I start it off again with everyone's least-favourite useless courier company...

PorcineFart.jpg

I have a large and relatively heavy package coming from Hungary, sent off last Friday by Airmail. Quoted 4-6 working day delivery to the EU, with no customs charges (because, of course, Hungary is now in the EU). Great.

So yeah, sent last Friday and still no parcel.

So I wait and wait. No parcel.

Then I check the Parcel Farce webshite, only to be told that to them, Saturday is not a working day. Great, that puts them in a category of shiteness that was previously only occupied by UPS.

So, I think, I'll ring the depot and see if I can collect it. Since they're running Saturday deliveries (even if they are at £10 extra cost :rolleyes:), the depot must be open, right?

WRONG.

I get an automated line that can't tell me buggery, including opening times. Great, eh?

So, back to the webshite we go, looking for a number. I find one, that states that it's for "information including depot opening times". Why the main office would know opening times and the depot wouldn't, I have no idea, but there you go.

I ring said number (an 0800 number, yay), only to be told that the number has changed (not that Pissing Fags would have updated it in the first place, natch). It's changed, naturally, to an 0870 number. Yeah, make those customers pay for their sins!

So, getting really annoyed but out of options, I may as well ring it, right? At least I'll get the opening times.

Only I won't, because the new service on the new number, which I'm paying for this time, doesn't offer that service. Press 1 if I'm a business. I'm not. Press 2 if you're looking for pricing. I'm not. Press 3 for all other enquiries. I do, and am left to hang for a couple of minutes before being cut off.

B*stards.

I hate it when you ask someone the time and they say half past

then you say half past what and they look at you like you've killed thier mother

You know what else really grinds my gears, when i can't find the droids I'm looking for

STILL WAITING ON COMPENSATION FROM ROYAL MAIL. It's been six weeks now. They admit they've lost the package, and they've had all the proof from myself and the sender. Even though it took them four weeks to send out the form I needed to fill in. What the *fruitcage* is their problem?

:zorro:

Porcine Fart delivered my $550 CIRAS to some builders working at my neighbour's house.

Nice going, 'tards.

It took a trip to their depot to find that out (it had been signed for by someone totally unrelated to us), then the manager pretty much fired the delivery man on the spot.

My town can't do anything. We're trying to change the stupid dog law and it's been on the front page of the paper twice because the town paper has nothing else to talk about.

This is a quote from my dad's website about one of the stupid laws that needs to be changed.

Article 17:

Liability insurance is impossible to get for a dog who has been identified by an insurance company as one who has bitten.  This happened to my dog.  Once the board of selectman declared Mango vicious I was required under law to obtain insurance that no insurance company would give.  But after one of Mango's bites my insurance company wrote Mango out of my insurance policy.  And all the insurance companies share the same risk database.  None and I mean absolutely none, I called them all, would insure Mango.  The town offered to let me take a second mortgage on my house and put $100,000 on deposit with the town to cover the liability.  This would have been very expensive.  Coincidentally, while I was looking for dog liability insurance I changed jobs.  I now work at a company which has not only group health insurance but also group auto insurance and group home insurance.  There is a federal law that says that if you provide group insurance then you have to insure each member of the group the same way.  This is why sick people can get health insurance through their employer but not privately.  I called Met Life and pointed this out to them and the confirmed that I was correct.  Thus by a stroke of employment luck and some cleaver reading of insurance law I was able to obtain the required insurance.

Thus if you are a dog owner whose dog bites someone you will be faced with the following options:

1. Get a job at Draper Laboratory like I have.  A great place to work by the way.

2. Give the town $100,000.

3. Move out of town.

4. Give your dog away.

5. Put the dog to sleep.

It simply isn't fair to require something that is impossible to obtain.  The owner will still be liable for damages done by their dog, that's the law in Massachusetts.  But if you can't get an insurance company to back that liability than that's just the situation.  Many people in Bedford don't own property and thus would not even be eligible for dog liability insurance.  Bedford residents who don't have $100,000 would not be able to keep their dog, even if the board of selectman decides that the dog can live in town.  Because it's written in the law the insurance requirement can't be waved.  Changing the law is the only way to fix this.

I have strong personal reason to advocate this change.  If I ever leave my current job my insurance company will drop my dog liability coverage.  Then I will have to come up with $100,000 some other way.  In a few years I will be putting my daughters through college and won't have the home equity that I now have.  I'll have to move or get rid of the dog.  Notice that the dog won't be any safer.  The safety of the dog depends solely on how well I take care of him not on who finances his liability.

I have checked on dog laws in other surrounding communities and throughout the country.  For example see the California dog law or the recommendations of the American Veterinary Medical Association.  No other dog laws require insurance if it is unobtainable.  Bedford is unique.

We almost got this law changed, but we where outvoted by 3 votes.

People stood up and said stupid things like we set out dog loose on neighbors on purpose, and that if you insure your car you should also insure your dog. That's stupid, because the state can require a company to insure your car, but not your dog. My dog has never even made anyone bleed, he's just nipped some people. Someone stood up and said he can't control his beagle, and so he doesn't trust anybody with a full sized dog. Strangely enough, he wasn't lying. I've seen him walking his little beagle before. It always escapes and he has to hunt it down. I don't know what's wrong with him, he looks normal, maybe both his arms are broken or something.

• 1 month later...

Why is the "Insert" key on the keyboard so close to everything else? :angry: Why not put it on the other side of the keyboard, under a protective cover? I lose track of the number of times I've hit it by accident, then found myself typing over my text.

Come to think of it, CAPS LOCK can be moved as well.

Why is the "Insert" key on the keyboard so close to everything else? :angry: Why not put it on the other side of the keyboard, under a protective cover? I lose track of the number of times I've hit it by accident, then found myself typing over my text.

Thankyou, now I know I'm not the only one who thinks that. Stupid, pointless key that it is. If I want to get rid of some text and type where it used to be, I'd use DELETE.

STILL WAITING ON COMPENSATION FROM ROYAL MAIL. It's been six weeks now. They admit they've lost the package, and they've had all the proof from myself and the sender. Even though it took them four weeks to send out the form I needed to fill in. What the *fruitcage* is their problem?

i sold a Turbocharger on ePray and it got lost in the post it took me 3 months to get my money back and 7 letters in the end, theyd lost 3 letters apparently

Keep on at them sledge they will pay just make sure they dont forget you mate

Archived