Sometimes when I enter a post the IE progress bar crawls forward at an incredibly slow pace. Sometimes only making one or 2 blocks progress.

So, it occured to me to open a new Arnies window and I can see, in the new window, that my post is already up even though, according to the window I originally posted in, it's still being entered.

Hope you follow what I mean.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you probably saw the server got a real bandwidth hammering this month, which caused the slow down at the end of the month when all the logs were crunched etc, plus the bandwidth error popped up as well. I cleared that last night and it should be back to speed.

I've noticed that we are having periods of slowness occasionally that are are similar times, so I'm keeping an eye on things to see if I can spot the issue.

The database is getting huge now, so I may well have to do some optimization to speed that up.

I gotta say, the site is stilll VERY, VERY slow and 50% of the time, when refreshing, I just get a "page not found" error.

I know we aren't compelled to make any contribution to the site but it's f**king annoying to spend half an hour fully answering somebody's question, finding links for them, making pictures etc, and then finding that the freaking post doesn't go up.

Obviously, it's possible to copy and paste the post onto a clipboard before clicking "add reply" but it's rather half-assed and frustrating.

I don't seem to remember saying that the problem was fixed Sid, merely that a possible issue had been spotted.

The server is at the moment going beyond loading capacity at peak periods for some reason and there's not a heap of a lot I can do about it right now. I am looking into it and seeing what I can do about it, but I'm not a guru when it comes to these things so can't just fix it immediately.

Well, these couple of days, I've been experiencing slow loading time as Sid described as well.

And sometimes, if I don't wait for the server to complete loading the page after I just post a reply, and I click on view new posts too soon, the index will not show that a new post has been made in the thread, but if I go into the thread, my post will be there at the end.

Yes the server has been slow during peak periods. It's the same for everyone. I've been watching things at peak time to see if I can spot the cause, plus changing settings to see if they have an affect.

From what I can see so far there's an issue with the server management software in the way that it monitors bandwidth which is causing the server to peg out sometimes. I can't tell if that's merely a symptom or the cause without further investigation.

i say everyone donate to Arnie to get an uber 1337 server. so 1337 it's like... 1338

i've donated to him already because i log in nearly every day just to spam his server

ALL YOUR SERV0RS AM BELONG TU MEH!

Well I've changed some settings around to see if they better fit the load we have. I think it's a case of fitting the load and need to the resources we've got. I've lowered and varied some settings, that should in theory stop the server memory getting flooded, we'll have to wait and see though through tomorrow to see ho they have affected things.

Apologies but when there's been issues I've been on playing to see if things can be better adjusted which causes small timeouts as I have to restart things to change the config files over.

Whassup in 19 days? :)