Grenade Launcher Picture Thread

Are CA launchers worth it? Especially the long RIS type?

I have a CA short RIS and it's a nice launcher. Theres a little bit of rattle when it doesn't have a grenade in (Solution, put a grenade in!) and the trades aren't 100% realistic but apart from that it's nicely made.

Also watch the sizing. Long seems to be pretty much totally made with M16 style length in mind, the short will be the right size for almost anything.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I think I'll go with the CA. Yeah, i would like a G&P but my local shop sells CA's so I like to support them and I get free repairs :). But, should I get a long or a short for my carbine?(Leaning towards long).

I would get short since long might look awkward since its a RIS type now if it was the one that attaches the barrel I would get long.

• 1 month later...

For those asking about M203's:

The CA and G&P perform exactly the same, it's an incredibly simple mechanism after all!

Now, the G&P. It has authentic trademarks and 'rifling' in the barrel. So for those who love detail G&P is for you.

The CA, seems to be cheaper often, over here however they are the same price more-or-less. Meaning the G&P is generally the best option, but if you don't care for details and the CA is cheaper go ahead.

I'd like to note that the RIS M203's are in my opinion, and in many others, garbage. They look aweful, they put A LOT of strain on the RIS and are less comfortable to hold in the firing position. I know some may have no option (non M4/M16 owners) But if you can get a non RIS, do!

and the pictures? no one has damned pics of their m203s?

my favorite weapon of all time is the m203. id love to see what people do with theirs

heres my old rifles:

DSC04864.jpg

DSC04060.jpg

and the trigger happy m900a:

joe006.jpg

all of those rifles have been gotten rid of. i am now getting the G&P M16A3/203 combo for keeps. i hope there are no problems with it. i am getting a ca m15a4 as a backup

-Joe

Edited by masakarijoe

if im looking to use a nade launcher to fire some kind of solid grenade (ie not just a load of bbs), what kind of launcher and what nades should i be using. also what kind of range and accuracy would i possibly get?

just asking because we have a no CQB rule when it comes to taking bunkers because they are so small, so a bunker can be taken by lobing a nade into it, or for one fort, onto it. i was thinking something along the lines of those foam rockets.

More M203's...

IMG_4578.jpg

-Real M72 shell

-CAW M79 with realsteel wood parts and Guarder overpriced barrel

-Systema A2 with G&P/realsteel M203; real M203 parts include trigger guard, M16 handguard, carry handle sight and front sight for the launcher, M203 tube handguard.

-Systema M4A1 with G&P/realsteel M203; real M203 parts include trigger guard, Lewis Machine & Tool railed front sight for M203, LMT QD mount (type II, improved version over the original KAC QD desing)

if im looking to use a nade launcher to fire some kind of solid grenade (ie not just a load of bbs), what kind of launcher and what nades should i be using. also what kind of range and accuracy would i possibly get?

just asking because we have a no CQB rule when it comes to taking bunkers because they are so small, so a bunker can be taken by lobing a nade into it, or for one fort, onto it. i was thinking something along the lines of those foam rockets.

Nerf mini-Vortex pocket footballs or the Blackpoint rockets seems to be the obvious answer you are looking for.

Madbull XMPB4 shells are most powerful out there that I know of to power the above projectiles.

Using the Nerf pocket Vortexes and the XMPB4 filled for 10 seconds with propane in a CAW M79, I was getting 90 yards consistently at quite an elevation. At just slightly above horizontal elevation with the same setup, I was getting 45 yards.

To go along with the solid shot idea, there are certain airsoft nades that fire a solid rubber slug. Z1 have them on their website.

Not that I'd fancy being shot by one!

Ive been hit with one, They do not hurt any more than being hit with a BB, They are rather light and the air resistance slows them down pretty quick.

More M203's...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a214/alaatika/IMG_4578.jpg

-Real M72 shell

-CAW M79 with realsteel wood parts and Guarder overpriced barrel

-Systema A2 with G&P/realsteel M203; real M203 parts include trigger guard, M16 handguard, carry handle sight and front sight for the launcher, M203 tube handguard.

-Systema M4A1 with G&P/realsteel M203; real M203 parts include trigger guard, Lewis Machine & Tool railed front sight for M203, LMT QD mount (type II, improved version over the original KAC QD desing)

Crenna

How did you mount the 203 at the front (behind the front sight) I'm having problems getting a mount that fits round the Systema barrel.

Any piccys would be very very useful!

Cheers

Chris

How are the CAW M79 ? Are they good?

They are good fun to toy with. I only recently got mine so I cannot honestly speak to skirmish durability over the long haul, namely for the sights which seem like they could get damaged. The rest of the assembly/launcher should be fine. I got one with wood furniture and metal receiver, although the barrel is plastic. Simple and fun to use.

Only thing I've noticed is that if you aren't careful with how you put the shell in, it can bind against the shell extractor piece, not allowing the shell to seat and barrel to close. Not a huge deal as it doesn't break anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I am considering buying a Star AG36, the one with a G36 Handguard. My question is, what do I need to modify to fit onto the RIS of my M4 CQBR? I obviously dont have a G36, but I want an authentic AG36 replica on my CQBR if I could mount it on it.

A link to the similar CA one. http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/...2/cat/47/page/1