• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually quite like it in that photo and was considering getting the WA one, then I saw what it actually looks like... It's safe to say it wont be the desert version I'm going for..

RS:

WA:

Looks like someone threw up on their warrior IMO

I completely agree. The photo from their website makes it look like a catchy tan color, but when you see the real steel version it looks like a tan-brown color.

Thanks to you guys, I've gone from hating to Kimbers to wanting the Desert Warrior.

EDIT: If you were talking about the real steel one looking nice, thing again. The WA one looks better.

Edited by Silent-Panther
If you were talking about the real steel one looking nice, thing again.  The WA one looks better.

What I meant was I prefer the brown looking one on the kimber site, but it's obviously just the photo. I may pick up a WA one in the future provided I can still get hold of one and krylon it desert brown or something, for a bit of fun. In the meantime I'll stick with the plain old warrior, since the MarSOC doesn't really do anything for me either.

Nice VTB and of course Donnie, very nice kimber. I like the mixing of the warrior grip with a silver TLE. Whilst we're on the subject, I'm guessing I could, but does anyone know if I could stick the TLE type mags, government series ones, in a kimber warrior. The warrior's come with the wilson mags, like the model they're based on, the MarSOC... If that helps.

Edited by Mouse
...Whilst we're on the subject, I'm guessing I could, but does anyone know if I could stick the TLE type mags, government series ones, in a kimber warrior. The warrior's come with the wilson mags, like the model they're based on, the MarSOC... If that helps.

Yes, you can. But if you will do it in a hurry, you could damage your palm (because of hitting the lanyard loop)

why thank you.

it started life as a MARSOC (kinda obvious by the rail lol) and i fiddled and futzed, flow restrictor, real ergo grips (LOVE them) although i had to take off the weights in the grips for it no biggie really, and cut the wilson combat mag since i couldnt get the damn thing to fill right. in the end its a great peice! shoots awesome just wish the mags werent so expensive :(

btw--is any other MARSOC owner a little peeved that they came out wiht the MARSOC (supposed to be a kimber warrior from what one would assume) thennnn the kimber warrior models themselves? or am i just dumb adn the actual kimber model that is issued to MARSOC units is like the WA MARSOC?

Edited by paradigmsk8er

The issued one is the 'MARSOC' model (actually called the MCSOCOM ICQB), and the Warrior series was made by Kimber in response to public demand for replicas of the MCSOCOM ICQB. The Warriors are a cross of features from the MCSOCOM ICQB and features of newer Kimbers like the TRE/RL II.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...