KWA Glock 18 Rocket Valve Replacement

Zero_DgZ

well try it on your little brother.. :P j/k..

I asked R22Master on this too as he changed his for the G19. I just got bored cuz there's nothing else to do to my glock. And my rocket valve does not seem to break with over 10k shots thru it already. Dropped in sand, banged in mud, the rocket valve doesn't break :P. But if it hurts more after you chrono it, I might get one hehe.

• 1 month later...

It shouldn't be glued. What looks like glue is probably plastic swarf where the splined end of the pin was pushed in.

If you get in there with a flashlight you can look in the inside of the nozzle assembly doohickey and easily see which end of the pin is splined. Since the important part of this affair is plastic I wouldn't go using any solvents if I were you.

The plastic has enough give that you'll probably be able to push the pin out even if you do it in the 'wrong' direction. You may need glue to hold it back in there if you widen the hole too far, though. If you do shove it through the wrong way, install the pin backwards next time and force a new home for the splined end into the undamaged side. Then order a new nozzle body.

I was going to do that with mine, but everyone was sold out.

I mostly did it for durability purposes. I imagine a new spring would make a greater FPS difference, too.

Edit: And I'm fairly sure I did mention springs in there, but admittedly only in passing. I didn't think I was going crazy...

Archived