Bravo Two Zero

Lance Jackass

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks anyway mate, but thats sean bean in the film version.

I was hoping someone could scan in a picture from the book (if you have the book it's quite obvious which one it is.)

It shows his bergen, belt kit and SAS assault vest, next to some sandbags and jerricans on the floor.

cheers

LJ

So whats it look like to you guys?

OG PLCE 90 bergen and sidepouches

SAS low riding m16 pouches

90 PLCE double ammo pouch

58 waterbottle pouch

2x PLCE 90 utility?

PLCE 90 OG yoke

SAS lightweight combat pack

Much krylon?

Thanks loads guys for your efforts :)

I see a yankee canteen and pouch there.. and bloody loads of krylon!

//Edit: Mate, if you tally it all up, I may actually join you in this kit, not sure though, should have money by Christmas?

You going to get the old WWII smocks too?

Here's the total kitlist I saw you post before on Wannabe:

Clothing:

Assault boots

Desert pattern DPM combats (old pre S'95 version)

Desert Pattern DPM combat shirt (old pre S'95 version)

Green thermal shirt- like a long OG t shirt (see gloves)

northern ireland gloves- shown in the picture of McNab but probably not worn?

desert shemagh

woolen "commando hat"

Webbing:

Belt- either a PLCE one, a roll pin one (can they accept pouches?) or the old PLCE issue one - see on page three of the webbing section of sofmilitary.co.uk.

Ammo pouches- one PLCE OG 90 pattern that takes 4 mags and possibly the 58 pattern m16 pouch. Would the 58 m16 pouch have been worn? I mean it has the same capacity as the normal plce ones, just sits lower.

44 pattern waterbottle pouches. Would they have used the 44 or 58 pattern waterbottle in the desert though?

OG PLCE utility pouches.

58 pattern browning holster

Extras:

SAS lightweight combat pack- rare and expensive, but may be worth it.

PLCE OG longback infantry bergen- sprayed desert like the webbing with 2 sidepouches

SAS accesories:

TACBE- suprisingly cheap, but which pattern do i need?

Silk escape maps

Survival tin

Magellan GPS

What compass?

Weaponary:

M16A1/M203- not sure whether to buy an Plastic Death version, a PFC blank firer or a replica, but either way i need 10 ish mags as quoted from bravo two zero. It wouold have to have the sextant/quadrant sight on for the look.

Bandolier with 150 rounds- would they be carried? And how many?

Claymore mines- relics.org replicas

Phosphorous grenades- how many to carry?

L1 lemon grenades, metal replicas but again how many?

Elcie anti personnel mines- how many?

Replica PE4

Replica icream carton claymores

inert m72 LAW

extra belts for the minimi (5.56mm) but would these be in the minimi box mag or carried as 200r belts?

Browning high power and one extra mag. Not sure whether to get an 8mm blank firer, a PFC gun or an Plastic Death one.

Knives-

Survival knive/kukhri/parang?

Oh, and they did have some claymores, but not many, they had to nick them from another squadron. Also, they were in sparse supply of '203s, but Chris Ryan managed to get some from his mate in another squadron.

I think it was Vince who had a kite-sight on him too, but then Chris Ryan had to take it off him once he started going down with exposure.

Not sure whether any of this'll help, but I'm sure I'll join you in this loadout now. Always wanted to do this. You want to go M16A1 or M16A2?

Well B sqn had jack all kit, and robbed it off A(?) before the mission. I really need to go and re read my facts. Thy had some claymores but the majority were ice cream tub packed with P.E.4 and bits of metal.

I'm not going to go all the way with this one, just enough to make it look fairly accurate. So kryloned beltkit and bergen should do, along with some period combats. Im not going for a 203 either...

Well  B sqn had jack all kit, and robbed it off A(?) before the mission. I really need to go and re read my facts. Thy had some claymores but the majority were ice cream tub packed with P.E.4 and bits of metal.

I'm not going to go all the way with this one, just enough to make it look fairly accurate. So kryloned beltkit and bergen should do, along with some period combats. Im not going for a 203 either...

HAHA!

I'm going all out. I always wanted to this loadout.

And yeah, they robbed it off A, I remember reading it in Chris Ryan's book. Chris Ryan's daughters god father was in A, and gave Chris the spare '203 grenades.

Archived