Bravo Two Zero

Lance Jackass

That i didnt know.

Chris was carrying the minimi...

If you look at this picture, you'll see chris with the minimi and the "gucci desert boots" which only he had:

bravo1ef.th.png

With the VCR i dont want to spend loads. So i'll do what i can to get the "look" without going crazy. Plus i have the 2nd gulf war /afghanistan loadout to do aswell so im hoping to mix and match between.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That i didnt know.

Chris was carrying the minimi...

If you look at this picture, you'll see chris with the minimi and the "gucci desert boots" which only he had:

bravo1ef.th.png

With the VCR i dont want to spend loads. So i'll do what i can to get the "look" without going crazy. Plus i have the 2nd gulf war /afghanistan loadout to do aswell so im hoping to mix and match between.

What're you on about? Chris is on the left mate. He had the M16/203. I'll take a photo of my book, not sure why his face is blanked out. It's not in mine.

http://kitsluts.com/gallery/albums/userpic...l_bravo1ef2.PNG

The marked one is Chris Ryan.

//Edit: Coxy, not that all out, all out while still being sensible. I'll have the jerry can for photo shoots in my bergen, but it won't be full, and I wont have it in games. Unless it's needed for a weekender or something. Then again, I'd just ditch it at a controlled base.

Chris had the gucci desert boots. Who else in the picture has them?

Chris also used an minimi throughout the mission untill he ditched it and used some other blokes M203 (phillips?) when he could no longer carry it. The 203 is on book covers because he actually left iraq carrying it.

Like i said i need to check my facts.

Chris had the gucci desert boots. Who else in the picture has them?

Chris also used an minimi throughout the mission untill he ditched it and used some other blokes M203 (phillips?) when he could no longer carry it. The 203 is on book covers because he actually left iraq carrying it.

Like i said i need to check my facts.

Nope, Chris's boots were Gucci Gortex, in black. I read Chris's account of B20, and he took the Minimi from Stan. When they were split up, he was with Stan, Vince (who had a 203, and tried to bury the '203 grenades, because he said they were heavy).

Vince also had the browning high power. Look at page 56-57 in the real B20 for a decent kitlist.

LAWs will be hard to source cheaply :(

Chris Ryan wore the afrika corps cap though :P

We won't need dos bags :P Although most books say they werent carried, mike coburn made refernce to getting back into his "green maggot."

I'm not going to bother with the excess cr@p. No way am i lugging sandbags, jerricans and OP kit around all day.

Vince also had the browning high power. Look at page 56-57 in the real B20 for a decent kitlist.

LAWs will be hard to source cheaply :(

Chris Ryan wore the afrika corps cap though :P

We won't need dos bags :P Although most books say they werent carried, mike coburn made refernce to getting back into his "green maggot."

M72-A2-L.jpg

$85

I compiled one last night, in Excel it's tallying to quite a bit, but then again, that is including the gun. I'll post it up in a minute - just gotta add some finshing details.

//Edit: Great.. can't upload it anywhere. Anyway, it's basically following that kitlist I posted earlier, but with minor changes.

Some worrying sentiments arising here. I played at least 3 games at Gunman with everything on; patrol ruck, Mk6, Bowman, the lot.

If you're going you to buy all this stuff and get it as accurate as possible, what's the point in saying "Of course, there's no point in having any of it"? Staged photos are cool, but nothing improves a pic more than a real action shot :D

At what point is the line of pointlessness drawn? You're either SNAFU or you're not lads...

Well why play in bergen?

YIt would be great fun for a while, diving behind it taking cover etc, but what if i get shot in the back?

Normally id try and go all out on this one. But with the VCR.... it's too soon to be dumping money into a possible lost cause. IF we get owned then i'll flog the belt kit on ebay under "L@@K SAS/RARE/PLCE/DPM/PARA/not Fetish" if we don't ill complete it.

I'll bear that in mind mate :)

Clothing:

Assault boots

1942 Desert Smock

Desert pattern DPM combat trousers 1990

Desert Pattern DPM combat shirt 1990

Green thermal shirt- like a long OG t shirt (see gloves)

northern ireland gloves- shown in the picture of McNab but probably not worn?

desert shemagh - operation granby issue

woolen "commando hat" - black

Webbing:

Belt- either a PLCE one, a roll pin one (can they accept pouches?) or the old PLCE issue one - see on page three of the webbing section of sofmilitary.co.uk.

Ammo pouches- one PLCE OG 90 pattern that takes 4 mags and the 1-2 of the "low riding" SAS 58 armalite pouches.

44 pattern waterbottle pouches. I'll flog the metal water bottle and use my 58 one.

OG PLCE utility pouches.

58 waterbottle pouch

58 pattern browning holster (hides the glock.......)

Extras:

SAS lightweight combat pack- rare and expensive, but may be worth it. Full of STAR mags and maybe 203 rounds and fake P.E.4 and rations etc.

PLCE OG longback infantry bergen- sprayed desert like the webbing with 2 sidepouches....bulging!

SAS accesories:

TACBE- can only find the TACBE in grade 3 though :(

Silk escape maps

Survival tin

Magellan GPS

Brit infantry marching compass, or a silva.

Weaponary:

M16A1/M203- has to have the sextant/quadrant sight on for the look. M16A3....look wrong but i cant afford a new AEG for this.

Bandolier with 150 rounds, i'll get some inerts to fill it.

Claymore mines- relics.org replicas

Phosphorous grenades- how many to carry?

L1 lemon grenades, metal replicas but again how many?

Elcie anti personnel mines- how many?

Replica PE4

Replica icream carton claymores

inert m72 LAW - where from for a real deac one?

extra belts for the minimi (5.56mm) but would these be in the minimi box mag or carried as 200r belts?

Browning high power and one extra mag. (glock 19........)

There you go gene :)

Thats before OP, NBC and other random bits of kit.

I won't buy any book by Chris Ryan or Andy McNab after having read 'The Real Bravo Two Zero' by Michael Asher and 'Eye of the Storm' by Peter Ratcliffe. Both cast serious doubts on the chain of events described by Ryan and McNab, on top of which, both Ryan and McNab tried to do the most unforgiveable thing possible in the military, which is to try and pin the cock-up on someone who died and is no longer around to answer back.

Ironic, as I refuse to read any books by Michael Asher and Peter Ratcliffe, as a lot of their supposed 'facts' are refuted by Ryan and McNab in their books 'Bravo Two Zero' and 'The One That Got Away'. Worst of all, Asher and Ratcliffe do the most unforgiveable thing which is to cast apsersions and accusations on the people involved, without actually having been there themselves

;)

(hehe, for the record, I've never read any books about the SAS)

Archived