Bravo Two Zero

Lance Jackass

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ironic, as I refuse to read any books by Michael Asher and Peter Ratcliffe, as a lot of their supposed 'facts' are refuted by Ryan and McNab in their books 'Bravo Two Zero' and 'The One That Got Away'. Worst of all, Asher and Ratcliffe do the most unforgiveable thing which is to cast apsersions and accusations on the people involved, without actually having been there themselves

;)

(hehe, for the record, I've never read any books about the SAS)

Exactly.

According to Chris Ryan, it's typical SAS behaviour that Stan is writing his book, and says that Andy McNab had a selective memory and only made himself look like a hero. They've got to get their book publicised too. Belliere told Chris Ryan and Andy McNab (this is what i've read, by them) to write their books, as it's a great story of SAS courage, strength and ability. Then he decided to write a book about being their CO, and said that Chris Ryan was lying in his. Me thinks they're all just mental. ;)

Stan is writing his book?

I knew that mark, "andy" and "chris" had... the others contributed to marks (mike coburn) book apparently. If you want the actual truth there is only one option left.

Find an SAS trooper who was "in" during the gulf and "out" before they brought in the new contract.

Anywho....

Misfit, what are you planning mate?

Ironic, as I refuse to read any books by Michael Asher and Peter Ratcliffe, as a lot of their supposed 'facts' are refuted by Ryan and McNab in their books 'Bravo Two Zero' and 'The One That Got Away'. Worst of all, Asher and Ratcliffe do the most unforgiveable thing which is to cast apsersions and accusations on the people involved, without actually having been there themselves

;)

(hehe, for the record, I've never read any books about the SAS)

Michael Asher was approached by the family of Vince Phillips to examine the circumstances surrounding his death, being an ex-member of the regiment and an arab expert. Peter Ratcliffe took over as RSM just prior to deployment in the Gulf and held his inaugural Sergeant's Mess meeting in a wadi inside Iraq while working with the re-supply column that took food, fuel and technical support to teams watching the MSR's.

TNT smells of pear drops and ithink that P.E.4 smells of marzipan. Thankfully ive never had to go anywhere near either of these. R22 might know though.

Anywho that stuff looks gucci but - its blue for "easy identification" isnt the real stuff white?

The wrapping says "inert" and chances are that we'rer not a good enough end user.

The ww2 re-enacter types are good at this kind of thing with their "comp B" replicas etc. I'll ask around.

Fuses and det cord etc - you can buy that kind of inert/used stuff off ebay, but it will be against civilian and military law i think. So paracord and replicas will be the way froward.

I'll ask a mod to keep a close eye on this topic. We're talking about replicas here, so think before you type etc.

Or "whos eaten the P.E.4?"

The marzipan thing - i really don't know if smells like that. You can get esence of marzipan im sure anyway...

I'll probbaloy go for plastiscine and ask the re-enactors how to make the packaging.

Righto, I'm gonna buy that blue ###### anyway.

What re-enactors are you talking to? Link?

If anyone else is interested in doing this kit, you can add me or LJ (PM Lance before you add him please, I'm not sure whether he'll be ok with this) to help you on MSN. :)

Yeah im fine with people adding me on msn.

Misfit - we going splits on kit? Im probably going to get the "spare" minimi ammo and a replica claymore or two.

Re-enactors = http://www.wwiireenacting.co.uk/

Im the same "lance Jackass" over there

Ah right, already got that site.. haven't posted on the forums, or even registered.

I'm going to get a replica claymore, not sure about ammo though mate. You've got my full kitlist anyway, right? I can send you the Excel doc if you want.

Archived