1337, Haxxors, Rubbish?

tommywing

Hello.

I bought my first gun on her last year, but have since had to sell all my airsoft stuff to fund a ridiculous lifestyle. I keep an eye on the forums on here still however to sell bits and bobs and join in the occasional bit of japery.

However

There are more and more posts where people write in semi-toss semi-English and it confuses me. What is Haxxors? Banzoors? What is the significance of the number 1337? What the *fruitcage* is the point in writing gibberish that only people who's life ambition it is to actually become a computer can understand?

I presume it is some kind of way of imitating those people new to the site who can't type or ask silly/mundane questions?

Please clarify

basically when someone on the forums use the '1337 speak'

h4xx00rs mean 'hackx00rs' hacks or someone that hacks. this was derived from pwnx00rs. which is a typo of owned. the x00rs (xoors) if you say that at the same time as the word. it's like owns alls. (owns all)

use:

i pwnxo0rs

or like joo h4xx00rs (you hacker)

same thing as banx00rs.

hope that helps.

just that sometimes people use that to do a ###### take on camper strike.

there are 2 types of people who use this *beep*.

1 - the people who use it because they actually think its cool. they have a background on counterstrike and MSN, and are generally below the age of 14.

2 - the people who use it to take the ###### out of people, and mock them. generally done by older and wiser members, and used for comedy value.

also Urban-Ninja is actually a 1337 haxxooorr with maximum pwnge. so he is allowed to use it.

edit - haha i actually wrote that while U_N was writing his. he am l33t

There are more and more posts where people write in semi-toss semi-English and it confuses me. What is Haxxors? Banzoors? What is the significance of the number 1337? What the *fruitcage* is the point in writing gibberish that only people who's life ambition it is to actually become a computer can understand?

I presume it is some kind of way of imitating those people new to the site who can't type or ask silly/mundane questions?

Please clarify

We do it because it's funnayh.

Haxxor means a super 1337 hacker, 1337 is leet written with numbers (aka 1337 5p34k) and it means elite. I have no idea what's fruitcage, but i think banzoor is a ban, I might be wrong about that though.

When I do it, I don't do it to confuse n00bs, but to imitate 1337 people. Oh and by the way, you don't have to do it if you don't want to.

EDIT: It's always like this, by the time I write something there are like 500 replies already, fuxorz.

basically when someone on the forums use the '1337 speak'

just that sometimes people use that to do a ###### take on camper strike.

Is it like some kind of special language? Like on the playground? So that other people don't understand? I just don't get why anyone would do such a thing, unless they were 5 or 6 years old?

Camper strike is counter strike I assume. Cheers for your help. I'm still bemused though

Is it like some kind of special language? Like on the playground? So that other people don't understand? I just don't get why anyone would do such a thing, unless they were 5 or 6 years old?

You're absolutely right. It's a playground language that was formed on the net - usually used by either the insecure or the insignificant to try to confuse others and make themselves feel more intelligent. Derrived from the same sources as Text-Speak, it was primarily a means of saying more by typing less, but of course the mentally incapable twisted it in to a way of making themselves "feel" smarter by making the language more and more difficult to understand.

The end result is that the 1337 language is harder to use correctly than English, harder to understand than English, and with a far more limited vocabulary.

In short, pointless, useless (for anyone with any degree of self confidence) and exceptionally childish. It is also not permitted on this forum (although in Urban-Ninja it is mildly tollerated ;) )

2 - the people who use it to take the ###### out of people, and mock them. generally done by older and wiser members, and used for comedy value.

Surely the older wiser members should refrain and just write:

Use English please, not everyone is a twat, stop.

Wouldn't that be better?

Surely the older wiser members should refrain and just write:

Use English please, not everyone is a twat, stop.

Wouldn't that be better?

I think I shall start doing that forth-with :)

Cheers for the tip ;)

You're absolutely right.  It's a playground language that was formed on the net - usually used by either the insecure or the insignificant to try to confuse others and make themselves feel more intelligent. 

In short, pointless, useless (for anyone with any degree of self confidence) and exceptionally childish.  It is also not permitted on this forum (although in Urban-Ninja it is mildly tollerated ;) )

Smashing, great news, I was worried that someone would rush to its defence, heralding a new 'cool' way to communicate. Which would have just made me sob for hours and drink my bodyweight in whiskey.

Bodyweight in Whiskey huh? Another top idea :D

Nah, 1337 is just an excuse to twist abisimal language skills in to something that makes the writer feel more intelligent / capable than those "poor old suckers who write using words without numbers in them like they do in books". Hence the name for this language - "1337" hence "Leet" hence "Elite". They feel smug - we just don't bother reading the insane illegible ramblings of someone who can't be bothered to communicate on the same level as those with an IQ over 40 ;)

• 1 year later...

Archived