EG1000 (long) in an ICS M4A1

david3558

As the title states, I just got a very nice condition EG1000 from a friend's SR-16 for 2 bottles of green gas. I need to know if the motor will fit in an ICS handgrip without modification, and if it is hard to "Adjust" it, once it is securely inside. Also, on the bottom of the motor, my friend said he lost a very small metal "disk", what is it and what does it do?

But can an extra "depth adjustment" disc be bought? And where?

Thanks for the help, also how hard is it to adjust the depth?

Where can I get a new gear (the one that sits on the tip of the motor)? And what lube do I use?

Anyone else's opinion?

+1 for anyone who replies to all of above

Where can I get a new gear (the one that sits on the tip of the motor)? And what lube do I use?

Anyone else's opinion?

-Yes. From any of the Hong kong stores or from Jungle Toys. You can get just the SRC one if you wish. It's just a chunk of aluminum.

-Easy as falling off a cat.

-Pinion gear? Same place as the first question. But might want a tougher one. Get the Guarder. Hard part wold be getting the tool for it. It's quite expensive.

-It should work fine.

Had a look around and I couldn't find anywhere that sells the motor shim anywhere. I can't believe they can't be bought though.

Even if you had to make one it wouldn't be that hard. It's just like a washer with no hole through the middle.

Not that hard. there's no guaranteed way of doing it. I'd suggest screwing the allen key in until it begins to go tight then back it off a turn or 2.

Then shoot the gun while tightening the screw. If the ROF slows as you tighten the screw then it's too tight and you should loosen it off. If the ROF doesn't drop then tighten the screw until the ROF does drop and then stop, and back it off a quarter tun, when it does drop.

Where can I get a new gear (the one that sits on the tip of the motor)?

Pretty much all the HK shops sell them. Just type "pinion" into the WGC search engine to see a variety.

And what lube do I use?

I just use white lithium grease (from a bicycle shop) to lube my gearbox.

If I get a retailer to install the pinion gear, is it easy? My friends gear comes off quite easily, with a slight tug.

It's harder to remove the old one than fit a new one.

You need to support the pinion gear somehow and then use something to hammer the shaft out.

You can't just hold onto the motor casing and pull the pinion off. You need to secure the pinion gear and then push the shaft out from inside it.

New ones tend to have a grub screw you tighten to attach or, if they're a press fit you need to make sure you place the bottom end of the motor on something hard, like a lump of metal, before you hammer the new pinion on.

Have a look at this thread for more details: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...pic=38578&st=40

I need to know if the motor will fit in an ICS handgrip without modification, and if it is hard to "Adjust" it, once it is securely inside.

Yes it will fit and it is a big improvement over the ICS Turbo motor. It will fit in the grip with no issues at all. It's no more difficult to adust the motor in an ICS than any other M16 AEG out there. However, there is one issue, IMO. I tried a System Torque Up Motor and an TM EG1000 in my ICS PCR-4 (M16A3). I crack 2 pinion gears on my Systema Motor (in my ICS) very quickly, within days. I then tried the TM EG1000. That motor worked a lot better in my ICS than the Systema one, but it too quickly showed signs of wear.

I personally believe that their is an issue trying to make an non-ICS motor (pinion gear) to the ICS bevel gear. Once I swapped out the gear in my ICS, with Systema Flat Torque Up Gears, all of my pinion gear issues went away.

On the other hand, a team mate used a Systema motor in his ICS (with ICS gears) for almost 1 year before he had issues. I'd say keep the ICS motor around, but give the TM one a try.

Also, on the bottom of the motor, my friend said he lost a very small metal "disk", what is it and what does it do?

This disk is what the motor adjustment screw pushes against and is very important. However when you remove your ICS motor, you'll have the disk in there. Just use that disk when you install your TM motor.

In regard to the ICS pinion on a TM motor, I've got no idea. I just scraped the ICS motor when it didn't have the toque I needed. However, you've got a great idea that needs to be looked at. I know off the bat you'll need a gear puller to remove the TM pinion and then a press to get a new one on. To tell you the truth though I've never looked at the ICS pinion to see how it's attached.

In regard to gears, I'm a believer in you get what you pay for. I wouldn't get cheap on the gears. I'd recommend Systema gears, but if you're on a budget at least try to get something like CA or TM.

Archived