So, you're buying a Star SA80?

Hissing_Sid

why would I want to skirmish in DPM with anythign but a British Army weapon such as the L85?

There's nothing wrong with M16/M4's...I have one myself.....but....you know.....it just doesnt feel right.......you know what I mean guys.....

Erm... the RMs do use M16s. You knew that, right?

Well to add to the question at hand...

No I'm still getting a Xbox 360 for xmas, I bought this just because I wanted one..Nothing else...the past 3 AEG's i've bought now have been £400+ anyway so its nothing new for me.. Price tag didn't phase me, I mean why not spend the money if you have it? Thats what it's there for.

On another side note. I also bought this to compare to the Academy version which I have previsouly owned....

There's nothing really exciting about it, yeah its expensive but like somone else has said you pay for what you get.....You pay £360 for a M249 you get plastic...You pay £400+ for a normal rifle you're getting somthing special.

I love airsoft, and it seems a better idea than buying Xbox or something like that. I'm a PC Gamer, and I love Ghost Recon 1. This gun was one of my favorites in there. I guess I have to re-live my Ghost Recon days. I played it for over 4 years already, and I never get tired of it.

For practicality, I'd consider this gun since it's advertized to be able to use the current M16 mags out there. That's a big plus for me since my mags, pouches, and other gear is meant for the M16 mags. It saves money! Also, I didn't like the AUG as it was to "slick" looking. I need someting butt ugly or manly looking like this gun.

Oh, yeah, I always wanted to get one, preferably the machine gun setup as it can take a long barrel. I like the bipod on there as well. Don't flame me, but it will make a nice sniper weapon, airsoft-wise.

I'm still a newbie at the L85 series, and somehow I think it is the same as the SA80....oh well, only money and time will tell. If I get the cash, yes baby, I'll order one.

Archived