TM Mk23 NBB

yeah nice review. I wish to highlight the mentioned long trigger pull, it is a very heavy trigger- one of the heaviest i've pulled ( :P ), it may be a point of interest to those looking to buy this gun that the heavy trigger does effect the rate of fire, and you cannot get the same rate of fire (or at least i found) out of this gun than out of a normal GBB :)

Having said that, i got more kill with this gun than with my AEG

Nice review.

Mine just arrived and that silencer is really shiny. However I swapped the end caps over on my Marui SOCOM silencers(my other one is the P90 TR one), so now I have nice matt silencer for my Mk23. :D

I must be a detail junkie.

I did exactly the same thing. I then sat watching TV for about half an hour and kept glancing at the P90 silencer with the "Subsonic" lettering on it and across at the Mk23 silencer with ".45 ACP" lettering on it.

After half an hour I snapped and swapped the silencers back to the one with the correct lettering on it was with the correct gun. Doh! :D

It's always the way.

It's just a shame that sometimes it's more like...

*looks at new paintjob*

*thinks about old looks of gun*

*looks at new paintjob*

*reaches for white spirit*

*paint won't come off*

:P

These SOCOMs keep getting good comments. I have just watched Tears Of The Sun again. Damn you, SOCOM craving!

Every time I see a Glock with a home-polished slide I think to myself "Teenager scratches paint and decides gun'll look cooler with a polished slide".

I think it's the law or something.

We've all done it at some point or another. And I'm pretty sure we've all looked back on it, afterward, and thought "Awww, b0ll0cks!" ;)

These SOCOMs keep getting good comments. I have just watched Tears Of The Sun again. Damn you, SOCOM craving!

Haha, I am still not convinced to get a TM SOCOM (or a NBB) though the review is very nice. :P I don't like firing on DA all the time, but if I need to rack the slide everytime I shoot, I'd rather just get a springer for 1/3 of the money. :P

Haha, I am still not convinced to get a TM SOCOM (or a NBB) though the review is very nice. :P  I don't like firing on DA all the time, but if I need to rack the slide everytime I shoot, I'd rather just get a springer for 1/3 of the money. :P

Seriously, I dunno if I made it sound worse than it is. I know Rizzo says that the trigger pull is VERY heavy but I find it to be smooth and predictable.

I can empty the 28 shot magazine in about 5 seconds and all the BBs will be within 1" of each other at 10m.

I've said it before... I didn't really want a TM Mk23. I bought it for the accessories. The plan was to then part-ex the gun for a KSC, which was the gun I really wanted.

Having used the TM Mk23 I am now thoroughly confused. The TM Mk23 is an exceptional gun in the field. To put it in perspective, it chrono's hotter than all AEGs, except 2, at my local site. Add to that it's accuracy and quietness and you've got a marvellous gun.

The only problem is that it's plastic. I'm a sucker for metal parts and if somebody'd produce a metal slide for the TM Mk23 I'd never buy another pistol again.

Oh, and you've never shot a spring pistol which fires at 310fps. ;)

Good, thorough review. :)

The trigger is quite stiff. Remember you need to SQUEEZE a trigger, not pull it. Pulling it knocks the gun off balance and makes the trigger stiffness much more obvious as typically only the top two joints of your trigger finger are dojng any work. Squeezing it, where your whole hand contracts, is less of a strain on your finger and helps stop the gun pulling left when firing. Overdo the squeeze and the barrel dips so it takes a bit of practice.

Edit: okay, that sounds like something out of a corny western movie. 'Ya gotta squeeze, pardner, or ya won't amount to a hill of beans'.

Edited by skeeter

I have been wanting one of these pistols since I saw the rumors about it on airsoftzone way before it came out :P

I have always wondered... is the silencer metal or plastic? also, is it possible to disassemble the silencer to replace the foam with steel wool, which quiets the gun even more? My friend had an old M1910 NBB (forgot the manufacturer... i don't think we ever knew what it was anyway) but we modded the silencer and it made this awesome "thukka" sound everytime you fired it, and you couldn't really hear it past 20', especially in a firefight or while anyone was running around rustling the leaves. I have already decided I'm going to buy this gun after the x-mas season, I just wanted to know about the silencer!

thanks guys...

I have always wondered... is the silencer metal or plastic?

And yet my review didn't solve this little mystery for you?

"The silencer is similar to that produced by Tokyo Marui for other guns, however the Mk23 barrel has a non standard 16mm thread for attaching the silencer rather than the usual 14mm one. It is made of a lightweight alloy filled with foam and finished in a rather inappropriate high-gloss black and marked with some official looking text. If desired, the alloy muzzle adaptor can be unscrewed from the silencer and fitted to another TM silencer with a more appropriate paint scheme."

;)

Edited by Hissing Sid