TM Mk23 NBB

As I think I've said elsewhere, the only reason I bought the NBB Mk23 was for the LAM, Silencer and case. I planned to sell the gun and put the cash toward a KSC Mk23.

Having used the gun I don't think I'll be doing that. It's simply too good a tool out in the field. It really "does what it says on the tin". It's an offensive gun, rather than a defensive one. If you're scouting ahead you can cause mayhem to the opposition without any real return fire.

Added to that, I've read a lot of stuff on here about the KSC Mk23 suffering with sluggish blowback and, thus, a slow rate of fire.

I was gonna do a point by point + and - thing but the guns are too different. Simpler to say that the TM gun is probably better than the KSC gun as standard.

Invest $150 in a metal slide for the KSC, $50 in a spring-upgrade kit, $40 (per magazine) for hi-flow valves, $50 in a silencer and $100 on a LAM and you WILL have a better gun than the TM one.

Personally, I will probably be buying a KSC Mk23 at some point and upgrading the bejeezus out of it. I think I'll probably be keeping the TM gun as well, though.

• 1 month later...

i got me a TM SOCOM last saturday, its lovely. i was watching austin powers the other night and i accidentally shot myself, it caned like a ######, which is good. i love it, i'd have it over a GBB any day, and the silencer it comes with is sweet too, as far as silencing goes, but the gloss paint job is a bit much. it gets really cold too, which is kinda nice. random observation, yeah, but whatever.

• 3 weeks later...
Is the "breech" (or loading chamber as some call it) of the TM Socom made of metal or plastic or rubber?

The Mk23 barrel assembly is made of metal. It's not terribly well cast but it's very solid and holds the inner barrel and the hop up mechanism. The hop-up gears are plastic and the rubber itself is, obviously, rubber.

Sorry I didn't notice the question until now.

I bought the gun after reading this review (and others) and I am so glad I did! I call her "Lucille". In the first game of my first skirmish with it my AEG died. I whipped out Lucille and got 3 kills. She spent as much time in my hands as the (fixed) AEG that day and got me some sweet CQB kills in the undergrowth. I left the site with a huge smile on my face.

Great review, many many thanks! :D:D:D

Having FINALLY skirmished with mine today. I can say that it is a viable primary for woodland. Having lent my P90 to a friend after his SIG died, I had no other choice to use my Mk23. A large amount of fun.

However you do have to alter you playing style, as you can't give them a decent burst of full auto. Great review.

Now which sniper rifle to get....

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

All of TM gas pistols iirc use the same barrel design which is very handy esp in the MK23.

The RS version of this is ment to be a "Offensive Pistol" more then a "Defensive" like most pistols - If you can ajust your style of play then this can be a very effective weapon in both CQB and Woodland.

Me, i would rather cut my arm off with a rusty spoon then get rid of my MK23.

• 3 weeks later...