MadBull Tightbore- 6.03mm

david3558

I just bought a MadBull Tightbore which is 6.03mm in diameter. I was wondering if anyone used Matrix bbs in their tightbores before?

Also, anyone have experience with these barrels? What bbs are good for these diameters? How do I maintain these barrels to prevent jams?

I would not suggest the matrix bb's. They are very inconsistant and just overall shoddy quality. Either way, since you're obviously looking for higher accuracy (otherwise you wouldn't have installed a tightbore) you should look into firing higher quality bb's. Airsoft mechanics did an interesting review of different kinds of bb's.

http://www.airsoftmechanics.com/reviews.php?aid=16

Check it out, it's very interesting. I've been playing with the Marushin Maxi .25g bb's and I can't get over the difference in accuracy.

~Tyler

Any bb that is well made and highly polished will be good for these barrels. If you are allowed to use teflon coated bb's these will pass through especially well. If not use a highly polished one peice bb, as mentioned before the ICS bb's are very well made. Have been using them for a long time, passed thorugh around 10 - 15,000 rounds and never had a jam.

the bb's were probably trying to get as far from that grotesque g36 as fast as they possibly could  :P

I have no problem with that, just as long as they don't break anything on their way out. I like to follow the KISS method anyhow. I don't need any extra accesories that cost alot that i'm not going to use and plus my gun isn't trying to run for a beauty pageant.

All I was trying to do is post some useful information, but then there always has to be a hater...

The only reason I didn't buy a madbull, was b/c they were out of stock so I ended up get a Prometheus EG 6.03. I paired it with a guarder hopup, and that did not work at all. I'd turn the hop up all the way off and bb's would still curve about 4 feet above my head before dropping. I put an SRC hop up bucking and seems to be working out. I had a few jams with the guarder hop up as well, but nothing yet with the SRC bucking.

BTW, was using Infinity .25's with a 9.6v battery on stock spring...eek.

ok on my stock UTG MP5 barrel with a M100 spring, a target 120 feet away, i can see about 1/10th of a second of the bb flying towards it.

With the Madbull 6.03 mm 363 mm tightbore barrel with M100, i couldn't see the BB until it bounced off the target at 120 ft.

The target was My Black Nissan Maxima, and I was using Infinity tactial .20 g bb.

Archived