• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a cunning plan to buy a cheapo saber, remove the telescopic blade and then make a tiny base to fix it to.

The idea being that an LED polycarbonate blade and the collapsible cheapo blade will attach via the same coupling.

That way I figure I can use the pukka blade for showing off and I can carry the telescopic blade easily for use attacking people in the SZ at a skirmish. ;)

I have a cunning plan to buy a cheapo saber, remove the telescopic blade and then make a tiny base to fix it to.

That would work without probems, if the cheap blade is 1 inch at the base, otherwise there will be some complications. Also the emitters probably don't hold as well in the plastic hilts. They are designed for the sink tube hilts. You could build a sink tube hilt and use the cheap blade in it though.

Cheers, bud. :D So, EL or LED? I was thinking LED, simply because of the ability to change blad colour with the kit at the bottom of this page.

:zorro:

You can go for that, but It won't be as bright though. White LED's aren't as bright as others to start with and the filters reduce it a little further. But you really can't go wrong for a dollar. They also have an LED driver that can to the power up/ down effect, Clash flashes, and can make it use a soundcard from a hasbro.

Hmm... could work. Skirmishing needs more lightsabers.

*Watches as geardo hitmen try to assassinate Sledge* (but fail)

But seriously Sledge could you possibly get a pack of those one dolla color disks for me too (I'd pay you back oviously) as they will be of use in my LS construction kit but are the only thing I want from that site.

Well, this is for installing in the £30 hasbro build your own lightsabre kit. I am also planning on building a hilt and adding the spare blade to it. So yes, I am building a hilt, seems to be the answer to your question.

Well people were stuck for what to get me for christmas, so they are getting me that.

But I only realised as I was reading through your question that I would have a spare blade and several hilt accessories that would be usefull when building a custom job.

Anyhow, as promised...

Right, this is the second time I have written this review (the first time my computer crashed loosing a good half hpours work. So bare with me if there are some spelling mistakes.

Name: Return of the Sith Lightsabre

Color: Purple

Length: Hilt – 9 & ½ inches, Blade – 21 & ½ inches, all together - 31 inches.

Features: Fully folding in blade.

Cost: £7

Pros: Very sturdy. Folds all the way into hilt (just like the ‘real’ thing. Has belt clip.

Cons: Blade sticks when extended. Too short. Hilt too fat

First impressions

This sabre does not come in a box, so I knew what to expect. However my first impression was ‘my this is short’ and it is. Measuring in at just 3 inches longer than the Yoda sabre. To be honest I bought this sabre with the intention of installing a light into it. However there is absolutely no way to open the hilt without breaking it, also I realised that the blade plastic was just to opaque for it to work. Otherwise the sabre is very tough, probably more so than the light up sabres. The belt clip is also sturdy but does not hold on to your belt amazingly well.

Blade fully extended

Img_1687.jpg

After use in duels

After use in several fights this sabre is still working fine with no damage to the blade. The paint on the hilt has worn slightly but this is to be expected. As with the yoda lightsabre this sabre is hard to duel with against the longer electric sabres due to its length. But for its price (£7) you can get three for the price of an electric sabre and have equal duels with your mates. The blade folding all the way in is also an incredibly cool feature as with the blade fully folded it can be clipped to your belt and look like a ‘real’ sabre. (you can be prepared for any attack) also this makes it very easy to carry in airsoft skirmishes.

Hilt close up

Img_1686.jpg

In conclusion

This sabre is a fantastic buy and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a sturdy weapon that will last a long time (until Blair bans lightsabres as well…). Whilst it does not light up or make sounds it is still fun to play with and is virtually indestructible. When the blade is folded in it can be securely kept on a belt or in a rucksack also the folding blade makes it a good asset to any costume. It is the only blade that can be got hold of in Britain that is purple.

Edited by Desolation mkII

My pleasure to help, Sledge.

And to answer your question, I can help you with EL or LED saber stuff --I know the top makers of both B)

I would go the LED, though. The discs can be drilled in the center to add more light through, giving more of a "white core with colored aura" effect. If you promise to keep it a secret, if you order a white saber from Alex (Ultrasabers.com) he'll include the discs for free ;)

-Z

• 1 month later...

Please refer...

Gosh, that was a bit unnecasery. Bearing in mind we all dress up as soldiers and run around with toy guns, a pass time which many call sad or strange, is it really fair for us to criticise what other people do. In fact, why did you have to post at all. It was realy rather rude.

I just want a fun weapon to ###### around with that wont end up with me breaking a rib or losing a limb. I don't do what they're doing. But soFruitcaging what if they dod do that. Is it realy any worse than someone spending £300 so they can look like a soldier.

Certain people just need to realise that some people just have their own hobbies. Whether that's building or buying toy lightsabers, or airsoft is all that's different. Why do these people care anyway? Do thay get some sick pleasure in putting down what people like? Isn't that what MAG and others are doing to airsoft? They probably have their own "guilty pleasures" they won't readily admit, even on the internet.

BTW: Some airsofters take it more seriously than many star wars fans, but I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Edited by WeirdoTransvestite

We're not considered sad by outsiders. Everyone that has come upon Airsoft in our community has been somewhat awestruck.

In any case, if you think that playing with military tactics, authentic military gear, highly realisitc military weaponry, is even close the same vein as swinging around plastic light-up-with-sound-effects lightsabers from Star Wars, complete with saber-holsters and whatnot..

.. yeah, I don't believe I need to add much to that.

We're not considered sad by outsiders. Everyone that has come upon Airsoft in our community has been somewhat awestruck.

In any case, if you think that playing with military tactics, authentic military gear, highly realisitc military weaponry, is even close the same vein as swinging around plastic light-up-with-sound-effects lightsabers from Star Wars, complete with saber-holsters and whatnot..

.. yeah, I don't believe I need to add much to that.

Let me add this comment: *fruitcage* off. WE PLAY WITH TOY GUNS. That means that not one person on this site can claim any sort of superiority over someone playing with a lightsaber. However, we can all claim superiority over you, you stain on the pants of humanity.

Edited by Sledge

Refer to my earlier post, this is a HOBBY, as is airsoft. What are all you people's problems? Do you have a mental defiency that makes it hard to understand that this is just a HOBBY? What is your hobby? Maybe I can make you feel bad about it too. We're not pretending to be jedi, you know. We don't run around trying to force choke someone. Do you run around like Rambo and shoot anyone you see ir0nside? No. What's the difference?

Edited by WeirdoTransvestite

Well i got a Luke Skywalker FX Lightsabre for my 27th birthday from my girlfriend!

( Best Birthday present ever )

And its still brings a huge smile to my face a month after i first got it!

Its so cool! Come on its a f00king light sabre!

I dont care about anyone putting me down or thinking its childish... I just think to my self... have they got a light sabre! No!!

Then i swish it around a bit and start smiling again...

Anyway quick review

Cost £100

Build Quality 10/10

Grin Factor 20/10

lukefx.jpg

luke_fx.jpg

If you have a spare £100 and have loved Starwars since you were a child!

Go On! Treat Yourself

My little brother has gone and bought himself an Anakin one.. but Anakins a pu$$y!

Vash