Teach me english...

FUmiYAsu

''Can't be asked'' makes very little sense to me.

It sounds wrong too. I've never heard it used.

It does ###### me off to hear people say they ''can be bothered less''.

Shouldn't it be ''I couldn't care less'' as in you care so little that you could not care any less? Saying the other means that you can care less, which means you do care a little, which is not what the people who say it means.

Let me be honest. If you came up to me in real life, and said "can't be asked", I'd smile and be polite, and then the next day be "Get a load of this guy!" to my friends. I told my family about "asked", and the women said "What?", and the men were less polite. "Asked" has no precedent, either grammatically, historically or personally. It sounds stupid, and I refuse to believe that it's 'correct'. I'm not budging from this stance, and geographical proximity to the City of Cambridge won't change my mind. Even a little bit.

which is exactly what one did to ones woman who was formerly one's other half; i said 'i say chaps, get a load of what ones dear said to one the other night after crumpet and tea!'. my, how they roared with raucous laughter, tears and joy, as we had a most gay time recounting the somewhat mistaken gaff of ones now former ball and chain..

and there was much guffawing.

one got rather a nasty slap and a nudge in the old you know what, but it was all rather amusing; and one never let the old dear forget it either..

Let me be honest. If you came up to me in real life, and said "can't be asked",  I'd smile and be polite, and then the next day be "Get a load of this guy!" to my friends. I told my family about "asked", and the women said "What?", and the men were less polite. "Asked" has no precedent, either grammatically, historically or personally. It sounds stupid, and I refuse to believe that it's 'correct'. I'm not budging from this stance, and geographical proximity to the City of Cambridge won't change my mind. Even a little bit.

:lol:

is it because you can't be asked to move out? ;)

:rofl:

Archived