WA 1911 mil type SCW3

Tef

This also means that the slide does not have cutouts for the front/rear sights as the slide/front sight assemble is in one piece. While some would say "that sucks", it is actually a good thing. Why? Because cut outs means that the plastic's structure is more sturdy. That and there won't be screws to to get loose. No more missing front/rear sights.

Right... but that also means that metal upgrade kits will have to include sights as well.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if anybody could report how saefly this will run on propane, it would be greatly appreciated

IMO This will hold up great with propane provided that it is not 90-100 degrees Fahrenheit outside.

I'm uploading photos in a moment and will be posting them shortly.

Right... but that also means that metal upgrade kits will have to include sights as well.

True. If you think about it, PGC already has front sights built in with their 1911A1 Military Metal Slide. I don't see how making a metal slide with a fixed rear sight would be an issue.

Again, there wont be any worries with the rear sight comming off of a metal slide with both a front and rear sight permanently affixed to the slide.

I've shot a couple of hundred rounds with the pistol already...here are some photos as well as my comments about the gun.

Sorry, I'm not in the mood for writing a more detailed review but my input on the WA Magnatech Colt 1911A1 should be more than helpful...

Trademarks are hollow. Similar to KSC Glock trademarks.

It does have a fixed rear sight.

WAmagnatech1911a1MilitaryRearSight.jpg

It uses the same firing pin/hammer assembly as the WA SCW2.

WAmagnatech1911a1MilitaryFiringPinS.jpg

The Hop is fixed. Notice that there is no set screw (to where they go on the older SCW system inner barrel/hop assemblies).

WAmagnatech1911a1MilitaryHop.jpg

It was no more than 65 degrees outside today. I used Green Gas and tried the following BB's:

Excel .20g BBs

Marui .25g BBs

Straight .30g BBs (off-white)

Both the Excel and Marui brand/weight BBs curved up.

Straight .30g BBs sail. They chrono about 240-250 FPS with that weight of BBs (sorry I didnt chrono it with .20g BBs).

I know that it is a gas pistol and you can't really compare it to AEG/Spring Rifle FPS outputs. But, a Maruzen APS2 SV (which shoots 328 FPS with .20g BBs out of the box) shoots about 260 FPS with Maruzen .30g BBs.

The pistol shoots 10-20 FPS lower than that. If the two FPS output between the Maruzen APS2 and the WA Magnatech 1911A1 Military, the pistol would be shooting right around 308-318 FPS with .20g BBs.

I'm sure some of you guys will be able to find a way to fiddle around with the hop so you could use lighter weight BBs.

So, if .20g and .25g BBs curve up...how's the range with Straight .30g BBs?

I was hitting a garbage can that was 63 paces away. I'm estimating that its a good 150+ feet. It was shooting just short of my 360 FPS CA M249 Para (then again I was using .20g BBs through it...but still!)

Damn! Sounds pretty good for USD 112! I think I may have to pick this up.

You better believe it!

I've owned a few WA .45's over the past 4 years. I don't keep my stuff because I get bored of them.

I think it just replaced the TM M9 as the best bang for the buck.

Then again the TM M9 magazines hold more BBs than these...That and WA mags cost a bit more...But, an M9 isn't a 1911 ;)

Can someone take down the inner barrel assemblies on both of them and do a parts comparison? I'd really love to trade in my old SCW1 hop up for this.

From the looks of it, the Magnatech Hop will fit the SCW1's. If you're doing that, then you might as well switch the blowback chamber, and the hammer/firing pin assembly.

I think my standard .25s will do fine in these, since I play woodland only the extra range provided by the "arc" will be welcomed. I plan on trying to pull off a pistol only woodland load out and this might be my base.

I just shot it again. It's a bit cooler.

With green gas it sailed (not way high like before) .25g BBs. I chronoed it at 245-55 FPS with Marui .25g BBs.

im probably going to order some of these, but im a WA n00b.

what magazines do i use with this gun ?

magazine page

above is the site i wish to order from, and they are all the WA mags he carries. i assume one of them must fit this cheapo 1911 ?

cheers

i have my suspicions its the bottom one, but i just want to be sure.

Product No.: WA-MA-COLT-GOVT-21-AG, Product No.: WA-MA-DELTA-15-S-AG or Product No.: WA-MA-1911-GOVR-S-23-AG will fit a full size 1911.

I'd avoid those buffered ones, personally, they're a mare to fill with gas...

Cheers.

superb. cheers dude. +1

i just realised i have done far less for the community than you, yet i have more rep. if thats not showing the faults of the system, i dont know what is.

edit:

by 'buffed' do you mean the last one (last on page) you suggested that has that black bit stuck on the end, a la hi-capa ugliness ?

by 'buffered' do you mean the last one (last on page) you suggested that has that black bit stuck on the end, a la hi-capa ugliness ?

Yep, that's what I mean - You need a really long gas can nozzle to reach the fill valve - Most standard gas cans in the UK can't reach...

Cheers.

Archived