WA 1911 mil type SCW3

Tef

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ended up testing .20g, .25, and .30g BBs at an open field yesterday...

.20g BBs tended to over hop (only by a little) and gets to about 180 feet

.25g BBs shot straight and got to about 160 feet straight

.30g BBs shot straight but dropped after around 130 feet

Maybe the over hopped results were from whatever lube was put in the pistol.

.25g BBs shoot fine. This was with green gas and Marui .25g BBs at about a 60 degree temperature.

Another thing to note though...

It seems like these pistols lack power (even with green gas). I'll have to compare it with an SCW2 pistol some other time. The only other pistol that I got to compare it to was my KSC Glock with a 6.05mm barrel. While the 1911 Magnatech shot 260ish with .25g BBs, my Glock17 shot around 290ish.

Then again, this is the same Glock that was doing 345-355 with green gas and .25g (which theoreticalls shoots 385-395 with .20g BBs BBs) at 90 degrees last summer.

Anyone know the compatibility with other hammers and safeties? I might buy one of these and convert it into one of the modernized 1911s built by Navy Armorors for Marines. I've always wanted a .45 like that.

EDIT: Nvm, hammer is the same as SCW 2 ;)

I'm SO picking this baby up when I get my pay check!

It seems like these pistols lack power (even with green gas). I'll have to compare it with an SCW2 pistol some other time. The only other pistol that I got to compare it to was my KSC Glock with a 6.05mm barrel. While the 1911 Magnatech shot 260ish with .25g BBs, my Glock17 shot around 290ish.

Then again, this is the same Glock that was doing 345-355 with green gas and .25g (which theoreticalls shoots 385-395 with .20g BBs BBs) at 90 degrees last summer.

I think 260fps with .25g @ 60 degrees F is just fine for a stock gun. It's a little unfair to compare it to an upgraded gun.

Anyone know the compatibility with other hammers and safeties? I might buy one of these and convert it into one of the modernized 1911s built by Navy Armorors for Marines. I've always wanted a .45 like that.

EDIT: Nvm, hammer is the same as SCW 2  ;)

I'm SO picking this baby up when I get my pay check!

Why would you want to buy one of these and convert it into a MEU/Marsoc 1911 when WA has already released one? They do have the Late Model MEU and the Marsoc in SCW2 and the Kimber Warrior in SCW3 which is the same as the Marsoc minus the Marine Detent-1 Engravings.

Because the "MEU" that WA makes is not what I want.

http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/history/meusoc.htm

If I'm not mistaken, the WA model is too... factory finish. It looks more like some Kimber Custom to me than the real MEU.

Whatever, either way I want to install a Commander hammer and beavertail grip safety onto this puppy, then give it a nice Duracoating and some real wood grips. T3h secks.

Because the "MEU" that WA makes is not what I want.

http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/history/meusoc.htm

If I'm not mistaken, the WA model is too... factory finish. It looks more like some Kimber Custom to me than the real MEU.

Are you muddling the MARSOC and the MEU?

http://64.124.25.51/meu_old.htm

The MEU's are pretty good replicas of the Marine armourers modified 1911s, down to the markings and the, nearly, replica Pachmayr grips.

Not saying you SHOULDN'T take the modding route (Hey, it's fun!), but I just wondered if maybe you were confusing the plethora of recent(ish) WA Marine related releases.

Cheers.

I think 260fps with .25g @ 60 degrees F is just fine for a stock gun. It's a little unfair to compare it to an upgraded gun.

thus the latter part of my statement...

260 with .25g BBs translate to around 290...maybe even 300 FPS with .20g BBs...that's nothing to look down on...

what I am really wondering about is how it compares to SCW1/2 WA GBBs.

I'll try to find that out by sunday morning.

Product No.: WA-MA-COLT-GOVT-21-AG,  Product No.: WA-MA-DELTA-15-S-AG  or  Product No.: WA-MA-1911-GOVR-S-23-AG will fit a full size 1911.

I'd avoid those buffered ones, personally, they're a mare to fill with gas...

Cheers.

They are - I've got a SCW version 2 S&W 1911. Thankfully, having owned a lot of Tanaka revolvers I've gotplenty of the gas loading nozzles.

Performance sounds good with this - although I'm not sure about the fixed hop (something in me always goes "agh" when I read about a fixed hop).

Be interesting to see if their performance on Propane is up there with the version 2 single stacks. Mine was throwing out 280 on Sunday - according the car the temperature was -1 and there was a lot of ice on the ground.

I'd expect the ABS slide to warp with use on propane - but no dount we'll see some metal slides sharpish. I'd avoid the PGC ones (had lots of fun fitting these) whilst the shooter's design ones are excellent. They're the only slides I've ever been able to fit without having to modify them.

Are you muddling the MARSOC and the MEU? 

http://64.124.25.51/meu_old.htm

The MEU's are pretty good replicas of the Marine armourers modified 1911s, down to the markings and the, nearly, replica Pachmayr grips.

Not saying you SHOULDN'T take the modding route (Hey, it's fun!), but I just wondered if maybe you were confusing the plethora of recent(ish) WA Marine related releases.

Cheers.

I think I was. Although the modding would be fun, I looked around for the parts and they are all either not 100% correct, way overpriced (80 bucks for a safety?!), or sold out. I will probably be getting the MEU Early/Former version after a helpful talk with Bullet_Magnet last night.

Wow, nice sticker. What's it say?

I have had the Japanese characters translated by ORCA- It says:

"! If you can read this.....your too close....and by the way, we have your money"

:o:D:D;)

Damn, it looks like a cheap springer....

Well there is that- and honestly, in person.....I have the same thought. But its growing on me........

Review will be complete and posted in the next day-

-G

Archived