WA 1911 mil type SCW3

Tef

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reading their articles, I found no reference that the new SCW3 system barrels need to be changed if interfaced with the SCW1/2 blowback chambers. Do you have where that's... roughly stated?

Well.. It seems to me the first link i've posted wasn't direct link to the MAgna-Tech page... This link should work (or choose 'Magna Tec or ver.3' from main menu)

Main question which i have after reading it - is it possible to take SCW3 barrel and install it in SCW2 gun (i.e. buy cheap MAGNA-TECH and use it as a donor in SCW2 metalbody). That's why i'm asking owners both of SCW2 and Magna-Tech guns of similar models to make part-to-part pics.

• 3 weeks later...

Well sooner than later, the metal bodies are becoming available for the new SCW3's

http://www.gunsnguys.com/ishop/Contents/Sh...asp?ProdID=3642

$283USD plus the buy-in price of the 1911, makes it a $390 all metal WA 1911 version 3.

I need to see a few more pics of the product when and if WGC or DEN brings them in. I'm not familiar with 'PAP" other than the smear my GF gets every year :rolleyes: But it does come with a metal chamber, so that's a $50 dollar value right there.

-G

Another WA website update - a new magnatech series 80, and a new M1911A1? That SE6 thing is the Bob Chow special, quite pricey and comes with one of those belt clip things that fit under the grip panel. Another new gun appears to be a two tone, compensated series 80 I think.

I thought there was another SCW3 thread around somewhere, but I don't think iv'e repeated anything. Theres now 2 series 70's, a series 80 and 2 M1911A1 magnatech's on the WA site.

The compensated series 80 is on the WA site http://www.wa-gunnet.co.jp/index.html on the right hand side, image isn't hot linked though.

Your correct of course hitmanNo2-

http://www.wa-gunnet.co.jp

That second Magna-Tech 1911 'military' is the "Commercial" version- like what KSC is set to release.

A slightly different trademark inscription on the slide, i.e. no rampant pony.

Let's hope that it is more along the lines of the usual build quality we expect from WA rather than the low-cost products these first few have been.

-G

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at the first site (http://www.first-jp.com/news/index.html), its seems as if the new compensated series 80 thats coming out is kind of a 10 year anniversary model of the Wilson Combat Super Grade II which was sold in 1996. Except, the new model looks like its going to come with an extended mag, so hopefully i'll be able to pick one of these up, if purely for getting hold of an extended mag as I missed out the last time they were available.

wa_wilson_csg_sv270.jpg

• 1 month later...

Can't let TM and KSC stay in the spotlight in the world of 1911's can we ? :P WA strike back with a slew of new releases.

1. CQB Custom (A Magnatech Silver Series 70, with ambi-safety, faux pachmayr grips and a ring hammer)

wa-flbh(b.jpg

2. An SCW Series 80 (80 DX) with Herretts grips, with a steel hammer

wa-gmby(b.jpg

3. An update on the two tone, compensated Wilson Combat ( with and without extended mag)

wa-wlcb(b.jpg

wa-wlce(b.jpg

4. A Magnatech Silver, short Colt officer thing.

wa-flbg(b.jpg

5. And oh yeah, a new SCW Gilded V12 with plain black Heretts grips. :D Doesn't appear to be a Wilson Combat this time round. Not clear at all from the photos's, but looks to have Model 1911-A1, Cal .45 markings.

wa-wlcd(4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Well, frames from scw2 and magna tech are exactly the same (despite weight  :D ). If you put all the mechanism of a magna tech in a scw2 frame, it works fine.

Magna tech chamber are compatible with scw1/2 one, like guarder steel one for example.

About the slides, the blowback chamber is the same, but I couldn't put the mark IV's magna tech one in my wilson scw2 slide.

so does this mean, you can't buy one of these magnatech, and put the internals of the slide into an aftermarket slide,not 1911, but say wilson combat?

edit: also, will this hammer will fit them?

Archived