Paul Calvert/ Sam Wiggin

pronteer

paul calvert has not sent my goods [a mouse]

i sent him money 2 weeks ago and still have nothing to show for it

apparently his password 'stopped' working so he started using his friend's account, Sam Wiggin.

and Sam has just been telling me he's going to tell Paul bt nothing happens, i have had no contact from Paul since i sent the money

im not sure if he/they are trying to rip me off.

can mods check to see if the IPs for these 2 accounts are the same?

thanks

Try PMing this account...

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...?showuser=12419

I have had personal contact with this user this week and he has confirmed that he HAS had access problems to his original account, and that those problems are password based. Until those problems can be fixed, the account I linked to above is the one he is using.

If you get in touch with him and are still having problems, post back. If you can resolve this deal via PM, please post here so we can move this thread to "Resolved Deals".

Hope that helps ;)

R22.

ive been PMing both paul calvert and Sam wiggin, but only sam wiggin has been replying saying things such as "i'll tell him to send it". but i havent been sent any tracking number or anything

even if he doesnt have access to his account, he can still send the parcel as i have given him my address. thats the thing that is worrying me

I have just had a response from him to say that this has all been sorted and goods are on the way.

Please confirm that this is the case and this thread can be moved to the "resolved matters" section.

• 2 weeks later...

As a seller it's in HIS interests to keep hold of the tracking number.

If you claim not to have received the goods then HE can go to a post-office and confirm that the goods have been delivered to your address.

R22 expressed an interest in this.

PM R22 nd tell him you're still having problems.

As a seller it's in HIS interests to keep hold of the tracking number.

If you claim not to have received the goods then HE can go to a post-office and confirm that the goods have been delivered to your address.

Amen to that and further still the post offices contract for delivery is purely with the seller (unless buyer arranged the pickup)

The PO will ONLY entertain claims from the contracted party, Even with a tracking number to quote at them the buyer has no chance of the PO following things up.

I got in that situation years ago when a mate sent me 500 quid thru the post Special Del - the parcel got as far as my town according to track n trace but everything had to be dealt with from the senders end 300-odd miles away!

(The local sorting office wouldnt even speak to me even though everyone concerned accepted the parcel had been in their office that morning)

The general arrangement is the other party gets compensated by the sender and sender chases up his compen from post office (by quoiting his tracking number pointing out parcel wasnt received etc).

If seller decides to give up his insurance by binning his tracking slip thats not the buyers problem.

The only exception id make to that is if buyer has asked for/chosen the cheapest possible method of posting to be used

In that case the buyer cant really expect any more of a refund than the basic compensation cover as they've opted to risk reduced compen from post office to get a cheap posting done BUT even that only really applies if seller has got his tracking number to prove the goods were actually sent.

stevie

then he owes you the value up to the max compen for recorded if he can prove he sent

if he cant prove he sent he owes you a full refund (dont know how much we're talkin about but even if thats more than compen for recorded) as per before he lost the slip for recorded thats his lookout -

Lets face it if you had sent payment recorded, had lost the slip and it hadnt reached him then I cant see him sending the mouse, so i dont see how he's getting so snotty when boots on the other foot

stevie

i think technically its the buyers responsibility to provide goods/refund to the FULL value. It's HIS responsibility to get the item to you as paid-for, or if he cant (due to it getting lost/damaged/not as advertised) then a FULL refund is due

UNLESS however he specifically told you the item wasnt going to be insured for the full value and you agreed to this

which is a lesson why all parcels should be sent with adequate insurance

agreed - if the seller can actually prove he sent the things at all by any method

as he claims to have lost the slip then he cant prove he sent anything to anyone.

seller can prove he sent them their in method requested? the buyer takes the hit on any excess buyer should have opted for a method with adequate insurance

seller cant prove the goods went anywhere, by losing/junking the slip? then buyer is entitled to a refund in full

otherwise someone buys a 200 quid AEG off of X and wants signed for post Why should X send anything? X could just wait a few weeks claim its lost in post (but awfully sorry theres no slip to prove it) then refund them the 21-quid max compen under signed for :(

stevie

If I was selling an AEG to somebody and they said "hey, to sve a few quid on the postage, can you send it standard post?" guess what I'd do?

I'd send it recorded delivery anyway.

As I already said, it's in the SELLERs interests to know the item has been delivered.

In the case of small, cheap, items it's no big deal cos it only costs a couple of quid to send it recorded delivery. In the case of larger objects it really should be a moot point cos you'd have to be retarded to send something expensive with no tracking number.

Ask the guy who sent £300 cash through the post to Beano.

I really don't understand what's up for discussion here.

I mean, the SELLER is liable for delivering the goods to the buyer. Irrespective of postal insurance or whatever, if the goods don't turn up then the SELLER has to refund the buyers cash.

If I give you the money for an AEG and one doesn't show up I want my f**king money back. End of.

The buyer would have to be nuts to agree to a cheap form of postage with insufficient insurance. That gives the seller opportunity to either send an empty box or a damaged gun and then tell the buyer "Well, you did agree to the limited insurance cover."

As I've been trying to say, if I'm the buyer of an item I really don't give a flying f**k how the item gets sent. It makes no difference to me at all so long as it arrives.

It's the SELLER who has everything to lose by using cheap postage.

He can't verify if the item was delivered.

He's got no tracking facility if it gets lost.

He can't claim for the item if it is lost.

If you're selling an item it is ALWAYS up to YOU to ensure adequate postage.

this is his reply to me asking for my money back...

SHUT THE *fruitcage* UP!!!! stop sending me these *suitcasey* *fruitcage* pms! I sent the gun teh monday before christmas. the only thing i sugest is that you go to your local post office and see if they can get a list of all parcels that have been sent ot your address and you will see that i sent the gun! Sending all these abusive pms wont help you get your mouse cos ive sent it ages ago. Im sorry i should have sent it on recorded delivery but i didnt know about it then but there is really nothing i can do. and you have put a negative point on my rep. I cant help if royal mail might have fuked up. i wouldnt scam you £12. if you look on ebay i have 100% positive feedback and I can give you a list of names of people who i have sold to on the forums that are very happy with the things i sold them.

please stop sending the stupid pm's you ######.

paul

if he is refusing to pay back the £12 then go to the small claims court

if you have sufficient evidence to show a transaction took place (i.e. printouts of his forum advert/replies, PM's, emails, and a record of you paying him) then he will then have to pay you back the £12 and also all the associated court costs that will be incurred (£50+)

its easy to do

im sure he'd rather pay £12 than £60+!

Archived