Paul Calvert/ Sam Wiggin

pronteer

seems pretty obvious hes a *beep* of the highest order 100 percent feedback, satisfied buyers? goes for nothing if his mailouts have always went smoothly and he's never had a problem to resolve before

Guess its only when theres a prob needing fixed that you see folks true colours

12 quid too :( someone feels his rep inst worth whats less than the cost of a takeway to put things straight? says it all

stevie

now he sends me this!!

"no!!!!! i said ages ago that i didnt send it recoreded as it cost too much"

all of a sudden, he told me he was sending it via normal post! even though a few days ago he was telling me he sent it via recorded but he lost the slip!

now he's changing his story!!!!

damn him!

He doesnt have it anyway. only people that actually properly track things are courier companys, RM just rack "in the system" and "delivered"

That's not the point.

The seller can use the tracking number to prove that the parcel hasn't been delivered or, if the buyer tries to pull a fast one, can use it to confirm that it HAS been delivered.

In the former case the seller can use it to verify their claim against the post office. In the latter case he can use it to tell the buyer to go f**k themselves.

Snorkelman makes a good point too. Is somebody who is so proud of a 100% positive ebay reputation gonna throw it all away for £12.50?

The buyer says he hasn't received the goods. The seller already admits delaying once and now we are expected to believe that he DID send them and then failed to provide any evidance to support this?

Surely anybody with such a good reputation doesn't get it by disputing claims they can't actually verify?

In the mean time I agree with Sledge;

I'd suggest giving all these people an "Untrustworthy" tag and banning them from the sales forums.

[edit]

I've sent people stuff like mags and whatnot and it costs about £2.50 to send something that size by registered post.

right! first of all its not sam wiggin so if you thinking of having a go at him it isnt, i was using his account to contact pronteer.

I sent the mouse as soon as the cheque cleared. pronteer asked me to send it recorded delivery which would have cost much more than to the original £2.50 that we agreed as it wieghed too much to go as a small parcel (if you look at the forum thread which shows the mouse it comes in a tin box which added teh wieght onto parcel so i couldnt send it special delivery) in hindsight i should have sent it recorded delivery but i didnt know about it then. the way i look at it is that for all i know, pronteer could be trying to rip me off by getting his £12.50 back. i sold and aeg to elitesniper and he was pleased with his with it. i sold a battery to a guy called selker and he was please with it http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=43800. wouldnt scam someone £12.50!!!

it isnt fair to put my rep donw one point when i have sold many things on this forums to people who have been very happy with what the things they bought. i could put pronteers rep down 1 point but im not as it wont help him get his mouse. u prob wont beleive me but the only thing that has happend to it is that royal mail has lost it in my opinion cos there is nothing else that could have happend unless pronteer atually has it.

you will most likely say that im a scammer but i asure ou that im not. you can ask selker if you want and ask him what he thinks of me or elitesniper.

you have NO proof that he received it (or that it was ever sent)

legally it is the SELLERS responsibilty to make sure the item arrives safely and is as-described and fit for purpose (i.e working and complete)

pronteer fulfilled his end of the contract by paying you the agreed money, and you have NOT fulfilled your end of the contract

whether or not you sent it, whether or not it got lost, you have NO proof it was sent, and NO proof it was received.

you are legally obliged to make sure he gets his goods or refund, end of story

if you are saying that £12.50 is not a big deal then why do you have such a problem refunding it to him. it doesnt matter how many good deals you have done in the past, this one has not been completed successfully. YOU have made the mistakes in not obtaining proof of postage/delivery, so its YOUR fault and YOU are responsible for correcting the problem

edit: and no you cant put pronteer's rep down, he hasnt done anything wrong, he fulfilled his end of the bargain by sending you the money (which you have admitted you received) so therefore there are no grounds to -rep him. YOU however, have not supplied the goods and are refusing a refund, so its quite permissable for him to -rep you

Paul, until such time as Pronteer recieves either his mouse or his money, you will not be permitted to trade further on these boards.

You have NO Proof you sent it, and no way of verifying it reached it's destination. That is YOUR fault for not using a suitable postage method.

You could have resolved this very easily - as has already been pointed out, it is YOUR responsibilty to ensure Pronteer recieved his goods. Your EBAY feedback means NOTHING here, and all that I see is someone who has failed to follow through on a trade.

The community nature of the sales forum ceases to function if issues like this are not resolved, and until such time as it is I see no reason to allow you to continue to use them.

Not sure what to make of this now, surely if the buyer ultimately agreed to have the package sent uninsured by regular parcel post (which i assume he did, despite asking to have it sent recorded he didn't seem to offer any additional money to cover registered/special delivery)

Isn't it the buyers fault for not offering the extra money for insured mail?

I guess it's not gonna get resolved eitherway it's just his word against the other guys and vice versa.

• 2 weeks later...
pronteer got the mouse this morning. better late than never so ill be getting teh mouse back soon

anychance that i can get my postive rep point back pronteer? and wen will my warning level be taken down?

Now that pronteer has confirmed your trade has been resolved, you can trade, but i certainly wouldn't reccomend Pronteer restore your rep - it's still justified, but I've edited the text of the neg rep to indicate that the issue was resolved eventually.

Archived