How someone did this is beyond me...

Agent47

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright here's the story behind this carrier. I know it, because I know who's it was orignally.

As said - it was a guy from Irene III.

He orignally had it out at Northern Wind II.

His name, Nick Maas.

He is/was/claims to be a US Army Ranger, and apparently on the side trains LE SWAT teams. He goes by BlackOmega~Whisper.

After Irene III, this vest was E-bay'ed starting bid was 2500$.

There were 2 of these vest's produced - some how Nick got one, and the guy on MM/LE got the other. They were both prototypes, but they will be out soon enough to buy. (I beleive, the price tag was in the 500~ish dollar range.)

How do I know this? I've played with/against Nick Maas a few times, trained with him for Irene III as well. Decent guy, but some times takes things lil too seriously.

How do you know this fluffly bum ain't shaved, we seem to have gone off track abit :D

Seeing that i'm pretty new to all of this i didn't know certain thing meant so much to some people, does it it really bother alot of you that he spent that much...in all honesty it down to him and if he fancies wearing $2500 worth of kit then its up to him.

No one dictates what we wear do they ??

Just my 2 pence worth, not worth much but worth enough

Personally i think that vest looks the *beep*. As for the amount it cost, i guess you hvae to put it in context. At the moment there are only 2 of these floating around on the market, 2. If you are into your gear and had $2500 you would get one if you had the opportunity. Even though when it goes into mass production and loads of people pick one up for a 1/5 of the cost you are going to be walking around in the orginial one. Now, say *insert airsoft manufacturer here* released an FN SCAR or F2000 but there were only 2 of them around there is no question that someone would pay $2500 for it. Probably more. Personally, im looking forward to when guarder make a cheap kockoff of this.

Again Crye makes me cry.... price is steep because production is minimal at the moment. That being said the multicam pattern is f'n horny. We use it here all the time and it performs flawlessly. Crye is also very strict on quality control, thus you are getting a serious piece of kit, should you choose to spend the $$$...

PS - this is my virgin post on these boards so hello from Canada...

MORGUE

$500 for the vest WITH ballistic inserts?

No. That's the carrier only. The least expensive level IIIa panels we carry are still over $900, and they're a good bit less than most of the others. That said, is this carrier worth $500? Hell no. Single stitching doesn't last over the long haul. The Bongwater gear is made by Uncle Mikes-they're not known for their quality in the gear world.

I've seen Blackomega "train" at a couple of Ops. I guess its meant to intimidate the opposing players. My boys wernt skeerd. Nick apparently has a really high paying job. He's got a lot of expensive gear. Whatever makes you happy.

Geardoism is about cool toys. There is no such thing as spending too much on gear. Never. That someone may not have as much to spend on gear as someone else is irrelevant. What is relevant is more and better gear. Always and forever.

Archived