How to abuse a KWA Glock 19

FUmiYAsu

After seeing the thread abt the RS .45 abuse most people will expect some idiot doing this to a airsoft G19... So anyway I am tht idiot...but of course the torture test will differ from the Real steel one mostly because I still want my G19 after the test so I won't do anything that will permenantly damage it and tests like shooting it with a .22 which will obviously destroy it...That's unless someone donate me £50 for the test...

Ok, before I do the tests, I want someone to help me decide how to do the tests and in what order...

I think I will do the following tests:

1) Put it in the freezer over-night

2) Dip it in water and take it out of the water then freeze over-night

3) Put it in a bag and freeze it over-night submerged in water

4) Put it in sand and leave it over-night

5) Same with soil

6) Same with sand + water

7) Same with sand + soil + water

I plan to do this with the gun fully loaded and with gas. Only problem I see is freezing presurized gas so I think I should do the freezer tests with no gas in.

To be honest I don't expect it to pass the sand test as the blowback chamber will probably be blocked by sand... So I will stop once the gun fails a test. ie if it fails the sand test I won't be bothered to try the soil test..

Now, before I start, does anyone have any suggestions?

PS: I will be taking photos and videos..

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Um... dig a hole to bury your soon to be dead Glock in. :)

I actually think it would be quite ok. I mean at most the sand or soil is just going to block everything so a good clean up should clear it up....

IF it survives up to 3-4 then ill +1 you accordingly...... if it doesnt ill laugh and you will be minus a glock 19.

Good luck all the same though.

There is actually a fair chance... By survive do you mean it being able tol shoot right after freezing?(passed the test) wht if it doesn't shoot right after freezing but shoot after warmed up?(didn't pass the test but survived the test)

And please don't laugh at me....althou I intend to keep the glock, I don't really mind if it get's killed... I can still use it as a paper weight... :D It also gives me a excuse to buy a USP .45... It would sound pretty stupid thou if it fails the first test and cracked the slide or something...

it's still the same internally... Also a glock is a real pistol, it's one of the most reliable real steel pistols and one of the best airsoft pistols too. Its boxy looks may not be to everyones taste, but i like it.

and go for it, it'd be good to see what happens :)

Just did a quick check up on the glock... it's pretty much frozen, the slide appears to operate normally with no stickyness or anything.. But it's so cold that my finger sticks onto the slide (not the grip) like a tongue on ice lollies...

Why?....wait maybe you couldn't hear me

WHY?

This seems like pointless gun abuse...its an airsoft toy / model / replica gun, not real steel. What will destroying your Glock prove...next time SBS or SEALs lock out of a sub in the frozen north sea, they still won't be using airsoft Glock 19 gbbs

Sounds like another case of more money than sense to me ;) (sorry if that sounded overly harsh...easy...its just a little playful needling)

The perfect stress test:

field strip the gun, put all the bits in separate plastic bags, put bags in a cardboard box full of packing peanuts and ship it to some crazy fellow in the states ;)...i'll let you know if it works when it gets here

Why?....wait maybe you couldn't hear me

WHY?

Because I am bored and have a spare G19 here.. ;) . The whole testing thing is also fun...

And remember, people in Norway and Texas play airsoft.. So it's totally possible for someone to use a frozen or sand filled G19 for airsoft...

It might produce interesting results too....

It can either prove that airsoft guns can withstand a rediculus amount of abuse or the oposite. I can't see how you can call anything pointless, some people consider collecting toy guns pointless too, but we still buy them...

If you don't like this you can get out of my thread.... :D

The freezing and water might not affect it that much, but the sand and soil will wreak havoc on the internals. All it takes is a little in the blowback chamber. I'm wondering what happens if you get sand in the magazine. Instead of pusing out gas it will be pushing out particles of sand or soil. I understand water and maybe just dropping it in soil or sand, as those scenarios are possible during a skirmish, but the burying part doesn't sound likely to happen.

The freezing and water might not affect it that much, but the sand and soil will wreak havoc on the internals. All it takes is a little in the blowback chamber. I'm wondering what happens if you get sand in the magazine. Instead of pusing out gas it will be pushing out particles of sand or soil. I understand water and maybe just dropping it in soil or sand, as those scenarios are possible during a skirmish, but the burying part doesn't sound likely to happen.

I think I might chamber a round in it first before burying... this way sand probably can't get into the chamber...Burying it is just doing the test over the requirement so if it pass then it should in theory be more than enough to withstand anything...tht is if it pass...

Things that can go wrong with the freezing bit is really only these:

1) small metal parts or spring getting brittle and break

2) freezing the blowback chamber and preventing it to cycle

3) rate of contraction of the plastic faster than the metal and hence cracks..

I don't think any of that stuff will kill a G19.

It won't work afterwards though.

What I mean is that you'll fill it with water, soil, sand or whatever and it won't fire. Then you'll clean it all off and it'll start working again.

Who'd have thought? :rolleyes:

yep...I am only doing things that won't cause permemant damage, like i said in my plan..

Microwave it for 5 minutes. Then tie it to a corn cob and feed it to a full grown boar. When the gun comes out the other end, test it.

I tried it with my SPP, but it never came out, and the pig mysteriously died in horrible pain after a couple days. Test result: inconclusive.

Archived