How to abuse a KWA Glock 19

FUmiYAsu

haha this is a great thread. I can't wait to see the results. Your getting a +1 whether or not the tests work. You should also tie your gun to the end of a bike or something and ride around for a while. Then run it over, but not with an SUV.

Also you should try spraying the internals with some chemical based substance, although I don't know how dangerous that would be. Either way, good luck man!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ill tell you what, if its new out of the box, put 2oo rounds through it, the rocket valve will go eisily, mine did, and im verry careful..

that was verry annoying...

never happened to mine... and it's at least 3 years old...

Ok... Done the first test...

How it looks after the night:

CIMG1276Medium.jpg

CIMG1275Medium.jpg

This is what happened first:

1.wmv

It appears that the the oring in the mag is frozen and is leaking gas....

So I put the gun back into the freezer without the mag and warmed the mag up.

This is what happened when the frozen gun was shot with a warm mag.

2.wmv

Performed normally, producing a 2.5 inch group at 5 meters. It also appears to use more gas for some reason...

So, basically GBBs cannot be used in extreme cold due to the design of the mag valve. However if you keep your mags separately in a warm place then you are alrit....

Wasn't quite what I was expecting but after all it's a toy gun so we can't really expect much... However I still plan to move on to more tests and skip 2 and 3 as basically, cold + gas = bad.... I will bury it with sand tonight and see how it goes...

Did the sand test today, basically it passed...

Glock in sand:

CIMG1280Medium.jpg

CIMG1281Medium.jpg

:P

Here's what happened first (see video. Sorry about the bad angle as I didn't have a proper tripod so I used a harris...) Anyway what happen was I tooked it out, shaked it a little. With a big blob of sand still in the barrel I shot the first shot. The shot went, a cloud of sand hit right into my face and the slide cycled. (you can see the sand dropping down from the first shot in the video.) But the slide didn't return fully after the first shot. So I pushed it forward and shot it again. After that it didn't have a single jam...

3.wmv

Another video of the gun after the first shot: (You can actually see the pistol in this one :P )

4.wmv

Group it shot, appears to have lost 1/2 of the original accuracy...(5.5 inch group)

CIMG1287Medium.jpg

Glock after shooting:

CIMG1285Medium.jpg

CIMG1284Medium.jpg

Wow. My G19 had horrible experiences with dry sand during a long Vietnam scenario game.. It was rendered a single shot, broken springs and jammed blowback-y goodness, with me having to pull the slide back between shots... but it still fired! (Got a kill with it though!)

I'm surprised at the durability of this gun. :)

(During the same game, my Marushin M500 Tac cruiser locked up due to the sand, so I guess the glock wins!)

Great tests! Look forward to the rest!

Microwave it for 5 minutes. Then tie it to a corn cob and feed it to a full grown boar. When the gun comes out the other end, test it.

I tried it with my SPP, but it never came out, and the pig mysteriously died in horrible pain after a couple days. Test result: inconclusive.

:rofl: +1 for making me laugh so hard

Oh, and BTW, if these tests all work out well, I'll be buying a KWA G19 in the near future. Even though I have a KWA G17.... Oh well.

Is it jsut me or does the cycle rate slow down after about the second shot in the second sand video?  :blink:

na, the camera's frame rate is not fast enough even for an airsoft gun... So it only catch the slide when it's nearly back to the front...

I am not sure if I want to continue... it seems so much work to bury it in soil...

Remember that frozen mags ma not work properly since the gas needs to be warm to expand in the chamber. That's why you get fewer shots from a gassed mag that's cold compared to a hot one.

I'm worried that you may damage your seals with the dirt, but apart from that I can't see a problem. Do some more torture tests (drag it behind a car, kick it, etc) and I'll +1 you.

Nice :D

Put the gun on pavement and run it over with a heavy car, no mag inserted.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

I was going to stop the tests since I haven't got much spare time these few days.... But you people just makes me want to continue... I will see if I have time to do more...

The only problem abt the car thing is that the slide might break and somehow puncture the tire....

Hi all,

Just HAD to weigh in here, as I have recently finished filming the "Airsoft Abuse" section for AirsoftGuide volume 2 - and you guessed it - it's "Glock Abuse" :)

Here's what we did...

• 1. Dunked it under water then fired it,

2. Fired it while under water,

3. Buried it in a sand/grit/mud/rocks mix and shook it up thoroughly while in the mix, then fired it,

4. Shot it with over 100 shots with a 1 Joule AEG,

5. Shot it with an Air Rifle (4 times over) (10 times more powerful than the AEG),

6. Shot it with a 12-Guage shot-gun,

7. Threw it out the window of a speeding car,

8. Dragged it behind a speeding car on the most gnarled-up rough-surfaced unadopted road we could find,

9. Ran over it in a speeding 1.5+ ton car,

10. Blew it up with a high-explosive / incendiary device.

Boy it made for some fun filming I can tell you. :)

As for how it performed / survived? I'd love to post videos, but to do it justice it would take more bandwidth than I can afford, and descriptions in text form would spoil the surprise :)

This feature will make AirsoftGuide volume 2 though, so you'll all be able to see the abuse we gave this pistol first hand. I'm in the middle of editing the feature at the moment and it still makes me chuckle. Impressive stuff. :D

Well, I'll try and post something up once I have vetted the footage, but it's not going to be up to the standard of the footage that will be on volume 2 of AirsoftGuide. The full feature is almost 20 minutes long.

I'll see if I can get a "trailer" of sorts available for download soon.

The "Blowing up the KWA Glock" part was great fun though. It nearly destroyed the armoured camera 20 metres away, the blast was so huge :D

Well, the charge was 1 inch below the Glock, and the armoured camera was 20 metres away. Guesswork will only get you so far from the truth ;)

Of course there is always the startling possiblity that you are absolutely right :)

Who knows ;)

Oh yeah - I do :D

Archived