TM m14 disassembly

quicksilver

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi guys! when I was disassembling my M14, a small bearing fell I don't know were it came from. i read again the disassembly guide but I can't find anything said about a bearing. then i tried to look were it should be. the logical place i found was underneath the small spring on the selector knob. so far i've been using it for two months now and noticed nothing different. I just would like to confirm with you guys if there's a bearing and if I place it on the right place. thanks in Advance. btw it clocks 450 fps with a PDI190.

• 2 weeks later...
it's metal. the diameter is the same as diameter of the small spring under selector knob guide. please see arrow on the picture were I put it. I thought it has something to do with the trigger. i think the spring pushes that bearing to the trigger. i might be wrong.

m14bearing.jpg

though its too long now...but you are not wrong!

<<jojo>>

http://alakdan.net

though its too long now...but you are not wrong!

<<jojo>>

http://alakdan.net

It doesnt change anything, its there to ease the movement of the trigger. You'll notice your trigger pull is a little bit more tense then before. Nothing big I've lost both the bearing and the spring and have no issues shooting -_- figures huh?

Everyone! I have good news! :o I contacted guarder about the problem w/ their gears wearing down the cut off lever and therefore loosing semi fire and they have just sent me an email this morning and a link about the new cut-off lever they are making for the TM M14 and for those who dont know here's the link:

http://www.intrudershop.com/commingsoon.asp

I was contemplating about buying the Guarder FTK for the M14 but I was turned down becuase of the reports of the gears wearing down the cut-off lever but after hearing back from them I am definitely buying one now! :P

-

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, well I was starting to take apart my M14 socom.. But is the socom slightly different, I removed the Trigger Guard and began to slide off the main part of the gun but it seems to be stuck in the stock.. in the normal M14 do you pop off the bottom of the handle to release something? because I dont really want to pull it too hard and break a connection. Anyone else who has a socom or knows whats wrong ?

• 1 month later...
Has anyone disassembled an AGM/DE M14 using this guide?

Also, does it have standard 6mm bushings and spring guides?

You can use this guide for disassembly the AGM m14. it is quite easy!

It has standars white plastic bushings and spring guide. The innerbarrel is 550mm long and you can buy stock products fort this one, "KM" barrel fits!

I allso put in a pdi 150% spring.

¨

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I just almost finished assembling the gearbox back together, but suddenly I found a weird spring from my working spot (I haven't done anything there that couldn've left that kinda spring, I think). Anyway, it's a bit smaller than cover plate springs, and it has L-shaped hook on it, exactly same kind of hook that prevents gears from rotating to wrong direction. If anyone has information where it should be, please let me know. Thanks for all the help you can provide :)

Do you have a pic?

Is it the spring in the step between 21-22?

No, it's not the spring between steps 21-22, sadly. I took a pic of the spring, but it's unclear since my camera isn't the best ones on the market: http://img295.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1129mx8.jpg .

But it shows you the shape of it. (Btw: I think that kind of spring is supposed to be mounted on some axel or something, but I still have no idea whats the purpose of this specific spring.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I do repairs for our local airsoft retailer here in colorado springs (he sells, but does not repair) the spring LOOKs like the anti reverse latch spring from INSIDE the gearbox, but if it is this spring, the other end is broken, and the spring will need to be replaced.

hope this helps..

Shooter...

Ok first off great guide Id like to make the understatement of the century when i say that this gun is not field takedownable, lol any way we installed the m120 spring, WE fired about 30 rounds and then BOOM stopped, looked at the fuse it was blown, im using a 2400 mah 8.4 so what could be causing this?

and could i please get some pics of the wiring harness and wires how they are out the box so i can see if maybe we reversed something

Archived