UZI Picture Thread

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're good, those wood stocks. Bit of fitting required (2 minutes with a chisel is all it actually takes) and it goes on solid as a rock. Its worth buying from Mr. Sgt Craig, is what I'm saying :)

Pics requested, righty-ho :D I must have a free evening sometime soon, will have it ready as soon as I can :)

Here she is then - totally lame pictures taken indoors, in low light, and forced to use flash thanks to the mornings now being too dark before I have to leave for work (and the evenings spent being too drunk to operate a camera :P ).

With it's contemporary counterpart, the UZI and the enlargened MP7. Tried to make the MP7 feel more like an UZI in size, weight and chunkiness. Not bad attempt, I reckon ;)

First, an unhealthily ###### picture...

000_0112.jpg

Then a bit more woo:

000_0109.jpg

...and then I learned what `strike` and `burn` meant in the world of Photoshop :D

000_0110.jpg

000_0108.jpg

For someone who never bothers to use them, I actually got some good out of the apparently-foreign-language help files, with their easy-to-understand terminology and excellent tuition structure <_<

:lol:

• 8 months later...

Hello again.

Top one is a decidedly un Uzi-looking TM version with a Mosquito Molds RIS and a K2 wood stock. It's a filthy travesty really but I was bored.

(The bottom one's a full-metal version by Zeke, pictured previously in this thread.)

DSC00385.jpg

i would have gotton a TM UZI but i hered they break realy easy. instead i have my mp5k. i shouldnt of read this thread. i want one now.

They only break if you try to upgrade them or pull the trigger like a mentalist when the safety's on. Other than that they're one of the best AEG's Marui's ever made. Just don't open it and you'll be fine!

Uzis!

Left is stock, right is Zeke. They are a mix of my old uzi and Cleaner's old kit.

The zeke bodied jobby currently sports my mech with cut down inner barrel, OD krylon'd furniture, and a funky little suppressor I made a while back.

20070723uzi003pl0.jpg

Closer on the zeke:

20070723uzi001og0.jpg

They only break if you try to upgrade them or pull the trigger like a mentalist when the safety's on. Other than that they're one of the best AEG's Marui's ever made. Just don't open it and you'll be fine!

you kinda contradicted yourself a bit there mate by saying you cant do anything to them internally and have to put up with stock velocity, lol.

but anyhoo, im not slating the uzi at all, i dont doubt its still a great gun and i'd probably have one myself if it werent for it being a tad impractical compared to other AEGs. but if a clone uzi (with an upgradeable gearbox), more metal (or cheap aftermarket metal) and midcaps i would buy one in a heartbeat :)

and oh dear led, what HAVE you done to that zeke'd uzi?!? it looks queasy

you kinda contradicted yourself a bit there mate

by saying you cant do anything to them internally

and have to put up with stock velocity, lol.

That's not a contradtiction. I said they don't break

if you leave them alone and don't try to upgrade

them (plastic gearbox, see). They're one of the best

AEG's Marui make because of their reliablility and ROF

in stock form, not because of their FPS. :P

And besides, nothing is more life-afirming than taking

out a Deltaboy in a thousand pound's worth of kit with

the woefully underestimated beast that is the TM Uzi.

Oh, and Ledpocket, congrats on being the owner of

one of the most discusting/excellent Uzis I've ever seen! ;)

Edited by Jett
yes but not being able to upgrade them is a bad point surely? and therefore a poorly thought out move by TM.

Why would you need to upgrade it though, in stock form its fine...

And i don't think TM ever make guns with the intention of them being upgradable, afterall they don't make any upgrades themselves do they?

And i don't think TM ever make guns with the intention of them being upgradable, afterall they don't make any upgrades themselves do they?

Very true and a point well made Rob; it is entirely down to the aftermarket parts companies to choose what upgrades are made available, not TM. (Although it probably comes as little suprise to TM when upgrades are provided for their extremely popular guns)

A bit of background to my OD furniture. I ran across this picture a while back:

739pximiuzib22ch9.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Imi_uzi_b22.jpg

and wanted to do the same treatment. Having a backup uzi took the worry out of it ;)

As for upgrades, I haven't had any problems skirmishing my stock uzi against upgraded guns. I get decent range and accuracy, IMO. I might not be able to punch through the foliage like my opponents, but I've still gotten my fair share of kills with it. And it's just so cool :)

ledcamz1ex5.jpg

Why would you need to upgrade it though, in stock form its fine...

EG1000?

and while im sure its fine as it is i recon it could be a whole lot better if you could upgrade it.

anyhoo, less debate about the UZI being TM's best gun or not, more pictures of them :)

not sure how the finish compares to a real steel, but that zeke uzi really does look too pale. if it were me i'd krylon it black (along with the grips too, but on most things other than the G3A3 im not an OD fan)

Granted, Plague, with a metal gearbox the Uzi could be uprated just as well as any other, but that's not what Uzi's are about. If you want an SMG that does 500fps then buy an MP5 and do it up. If you want a weapon that says 'cool', then get an Uzi!

(BTW, I believe there is a metal gearbox available for the Uzi - built by Zeke - but I've never seen one. I don't think they even found their way outside Japan.)

Anyway, bring on the pics!

but they could be practical AND cool.

which is why i will hold someone important from cyma hostage until they make an MGB version with midcaps :D

a lot of zeke stuff is impossible to get hold of anyway. several revolver fames, 6" deagle full metal kit, etc etc. shame :(