Eagle CIRAS vs PPM DAV

Foxtrot

Alright, I've been struggling over this question for about two months now, and come after the holidays and after I pick my multicam up, I'm going to be getting one of these two.

Now, I know the CIRAS is SOCOM issued now, thusly more... 'realistic' kit. But, the PPM DAV I've seen quiet a bit in contractor pictures as well as, I assume, individules who bought their own kit for use out in the field? Some units might allow that, I know.

Firstly, the pro's and cons I can see:

PPM DAV:

Pros:

Costs less - roughly 350 USD

Comes in REAL Coyote Tan

I already know how it's going to feel - I've used my friend's before.

It's PPM... good stuff.

Removeable Comberbun

Cons:

A tad on the heavier side then the CIRAS

Less MOLLE room (Not a ton, but.. a tad of a difference.)

CIRAS:

Pros:

SOCOM issued

More room (Land Version)

Lighter then the DAV

Cons:

More expensive (about 500$)

comes in Wheat, not coyote tan

Never used one before.

So, I'm asking to those who have used a CIRAS or both a CIRAS and a DAV... which?

If you want to blow the money get the CIRAS.

If you don't, then get the DAV.

Troops buy what they want 1/2 the time, so you can use it for an impression. A friend of mine has a DAV and is very VERY pleased with the it.

I'm sure he won't mind me hot linking.

DAV_Front_left.jpg

DAV_Front_right.jpg

DAV_Back.jpg

Also, buy your DAV from here:

http://www.downrangesports.com/index.asp?P...ROD&ProdID=1514

For only $287.00

CIRAS seems to be the in thing at the moment, so if you want to stick out from the crowd, get the DAV.

I chose a RAV over the CIRAS for that reason.

Wow, that DAV is awesome. Somebody cool must wear it :)

But I own the DAV, and I can attest it's very nice. You only loose the molle straps where the front external cumberbunds' straps go (where you really can't reach to grab anything out of a pouch anyway). I'm also glad I saved a couple hundred bucks, and it's much easier to put back together since only 1 side releases (and that's a positive because I just have to pull that cord all the time).

Well, I found out last night I can get a CIRAS through work - which would probably knock the price tag down alot.

As well, I wear an XL - 52 inch chest (Not fat.. just.. built?) So, I would still end up paying 400$ for a DAV too after everything.

But, we shall see what employee costs are for the CIRAS. Right now I'm leaning towards the DAV, but if the CIRAS ends up being cheaper, we shall see..

If you want to blow the money get the CIRAS.

If you don't, then get the DAV.

Troops buy what they want 1/2 the time, so you can use it for an impression.  A friend of mine has a DAV and is very VERY pleased with the it.

I'm sure he won't mind me hot linking.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/TriC..._Front_left.jpg[/img]

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/TriC...Front_right.jpg[/img]

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/TriChrome/DAV_Back.jpg[/img]

Also, buy your DAV from here:

http://www.downrangesports.com/index.asp?P...ROD&ProdID=1514

For only $287.00

CIRAS seems to be the in thing at the moment, so if you want to stick out from the crowd, get the DAV.

I chose a RAV over the CIRAS for that reason.

Wasted, whats that? No I luv ur mom or Got Milf patches? knock some snese into him please :lol:

Foxtrot, I would go for the DAV bacause it is origonal. If you can get the CIRAS for cheaper and don't take it, care to pass the deal along to me :P

:Dr_Evil:

You're stuck with the DAV then. I'm a 52" chest, and 42" waist, and the Large fits me perfectly ($317 + $15 shipping) I had my heart set on the Eagle Molle Plate Carrier (which is very similar to the CIRAS but without the bells and whistles and releasable feature), and I called up Eagle direct, and even with the extended cumberbund model (which isn't out yet), a 52" chest is too big for the rig to fit properly.

Now that being said, a guy I play with is larger than I am and he fits into the CIRAS, but the elastic of the cumberbund is stretched, and the side panels don't touch the rear panel like it should.

One thing to note if you order the DAV from DownRangeTactical.com; they shipped the slightly older model to me, which after I called up PPM they told me it only has 1 small difference to the newest model, and it's that the left buckle on the cumberbund should be 1 row further back (which bugged me, but I don't want to pay $40 to ship it back to PPM to get it fixed, which they said they'd do for free; but it still fits fine so it's OK).

My friend, I fouind out has a large DAV and it's big on him (he's a tad smaller then me, but not too much.) So I'm going to try to see if he'll let me try his on..

More I look at it, more I like the DAV over the CIRAS. And if I can wear a large DAV, I'll get that over a CIRAS.

Archived