airsoft "marker"

[H&K]Ravizzone

I have a tippmann 98, and I plan on making a kit like rap4's. For those who dont know, rap4 makes paintball markers, that use .43 size paintballs that are inside shells, that eject when shot, and look exactly like m4's. They are probably the most realistic paintball marker out there. Anyways, they also make an airsoft kit, that converts the marker into an airsoft rifle. This is pretty cool, bascially it is just a hop up unit that fits in front of the bolt. It is quite easy considering the way the marker is set up. I plan on doing the same thing for my 98. It will be a bit trickier, since the bolt is set up differently, but it should work. Basically I would hook a hop-up to the front of the a5, where the barrel hooks up to the body. Then, you would need a bolt extension to chamber the 6mm rounds. I would also need a mag well to fir onto the hop-up. Of course a barrel. It shouldnt be too terribly difficult, but I would need some special parts to make everything hook up. The cool thing about this is, I only need one gun to play paintball and airsoft. Also, I love gas guns, but cant afford a classic or anything like that. What do you guys think?

the are self contained, but be careful. there are two varients of the m4/m16 hop unit, one is a one piece model, and there is also a two-piece one.

For reliability issues, make sure that you order the one piece one, because it feeds better and provides a better air seal.

you can tell if it is a one piece if it has the feed tube connected to the rest of the hop unit. the gears and stuff mount to the side, so when you open the ejection port cover, the hop can be adjusted to your likeing.

- hope this helps you mate, and wish you the best of luck with your project, sounds like a good 'un.

ummm ... from witch direction will you feed that thing?

ar16 hops feed from below... that would cause problems in most markers ... right`?

the other problem is velocity... you HAVE to choke the gas pressure rather much to get it into playable FPS with airsoft BBs ... you know that, right?

umm? i dont know if i understand you but... do your marker feed from below?

if not ... should you fire the marker upside down?

you CANT rotate the hop... its constructed so it can only feed from one direction.

if you are thinking about making a new feed port... then you might build you own hop... wouldnt be so much more work...

or should you put the mag where the paintball barrel doesnt have anything below so to speak?

if thats the case then its possible, although youll loose about 10 cm of inner barrel...

you think you can make a drawing on how you should solve this? :-)

its interesting ... :-)

Archived