Well maybe the mod should have just removed the spring name and then let the question be answered? The question had nothing to do with fps and the answer regards only to the matter of stress on bushings, which at this time is very important to me. Otherwise as I know that the latter statement holds no weight for you could I at least have some direction as to who or by what medium I may get an answer? I don't have a local airsoft store, nor any knowledgeable friends to be of any help and therefore am completely reliant on this site.

Does a mod not tell you when they delete a thread? Like tell you why it was deleted and by whome so you don't just think it was a server error and repost it?

It's not always possible to contact every poster as to why their post or ftopic has been removed. The forum is quite well pruned to keep things tidy, and contacting people would double the staff's workload.

If there's an issue, PM a mod or me and ask, that's the easiest way.

The rules state discussion of upgrading your gun past the 328 limit is prohibited. The fact you were putting a high powered spring obviously has an affect on the bushings - the whole question is relavent.

A simple re-wording of the question would have sufficed in this case, though.

"I want to upgrade my gun to 328 or so, but the metal bushings I bought don't seem to fit in the gearbox. Is this normal, and is it ok to leave the nylon bushings in if I can't get them to fit?"

I personally didn't delete your thread - I would have PM'd you and asked you to re-post with such wording. However, if a mod was in a hurry (as we so often are) it's often easier to just yank the thread and come back and deal with it later.

I hope this answers your question, and for the record, I've never seen a server make a thread vanish ;)

The way the forum works is as follows.

You post a new thread / post. Immediately after, you are diverted to the page that contains your thread / post. If you can see it, it is on the database, so everyone can see it.

If it disappears after this point, it has been removed by a moderator or admin. 99 times out of 100, a quick trip through the Forum Rules will tell you why it has vanished. Personally, I don't favor deletion as it leaves the original poster in the dark and the tendancy is for them to just post again. If a thread is truly offensive, I will normally blank it, add a comment to that effect, and then lock it, unless the original poster was an obvious troll just out to make trouble and annoy people.

Hope that helps ;)

Cheers.

Actually, I just spotted your thread and it had been deleted. The thread itself was most likely deleted because you were asking for advice on upgrading with regards to an M120 spring. This spring will usually produce a muzzle velocity of 400+ feet per second which is well above the 328 fps limit for discussion on this forum (all fps ratings stated above are with 0.20g BBs).

Hope that helps ;)

Cheers.

Actually, I just spotted your thread and it had been deleted.  The thread itself was most likely deleted because you were asking for advice on upgrading with regards to an M120 spring.  This spring will usually produce a muzzle velocity of 400+ feet per second which is well above the 328 fps limit for discussion on this forum (all fps ratings stated above are with 0.20g BBs).

Hope that helps ;)

Probably because it requested info to take your gun to a higher FPS than the forum limit. :rolleyes:

Sorry, was I writing in white? :P

gears were always fine, not to much give, and not too tight, it was the just the box that needed a little back of the screw driver convincing. All i truly needed was some foundation through researching and comparing a few guides to be sure of what i needed to do.