MP5SD-The beauty of the shhhhhh.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what one would you recomend. the reason i thought about getting one was because they were a good price and ive herd the tm ones are ######

TM MP5's are fine, just not full metal ;)

ICS MP5's are well worth the extra tokens, just have to remember to change the hop-up rubber :)

thanks for the info do you think the silenced model is worth the extra £5.

plus is the one on elite the version 3 because i heard bad stuff about the version 1s and 2s

Edited by codename 47
Oh for God's sake. I used to be able to sleep easy knowing that the MP5SD was one of the guns I didn't want.

Now it's starting to grow on me....

Damnit, time to find a front-end to slap on my Mp5A5  :rolleyes:

Who can resist a big-a** silencer like that compared to the puny handgrip on the A4/5's. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Well, you have to remember it's the mechanical parts that make most of the noise, so it's not going to be silent.

On ics mp5's it's just the hop-up rubber that can cause problems, replace it with a marui, systema, or gaurder one and that should do it.

Really interested in getting a ICS MP5SD5 but I've got a few questions, First off, how quiet is it? I've heard the gearbox is rather loud. Second question is, what is wrong with the ICS Hop-up unit? You've mentioned it in a negative sence a few times now.

Erm, quite quiet for a AEG, the ICS gearboxes seem to be fairly quiet as well :)

The hop up is just a £5 fix as mentioned above posts, very easy to fix ^_^

haha yea bordem gets to you sometimes and i have to many markers lying about. beats doing it on the street :P

the bottom rail its bolted on and works a beaut. had to counter sink it but it still sticks out a lil but it works. i glued the one on the side with sum 50 megaton resin stuff and it worked a treat untill i tryed finding out how hard it was and ripped the bugger off (was bloody hard to take off :P) so im gonna stick 2 self tapping screws init and run that into the hand grip.

i ran a vertical handle at a CQB training i did and it worked great but it wobbled a bit as it was a cheapo one.

once i get the side rail on ill mount my torch on that then maybe a 203 on the bottom :P. if i can pick up another small rail and put it on the other side i could class it "offically" as a MP5SD RAS :P

Also when you put a rail cover on the bottom when its not in use it works a treat and is very comfy.

Big D

heres a pic of my workspace too :P

post-4218-1137377534_thumb.jpg

Edited by BigD_SealTeamXXL
  • 2 weeks later...