teh server am changed, due to excessive Ubar Pr0n links it blew up...

new details:

server:irc.darkmyst.org

port:6667

channel: #ubarlikesmen

na, :#airsoft...

enjoy

hope to see ya in there...

Holly speaks the truth. And Ubar does like men. In a non homo-erotic fashion, of course.

It should be noted that the darkmyst server is our temporary home, and so these details may not be permanent - they simply are current for now, pending further notice. As soon as I remember to contact him when I'm not so tired, I'll try and ask Marcus if there's any news on the old server box. .

• 1 month later...

Hey, I got banned for this shockingly out-of-order misdemeanour, so perhaps you're best off not being able to connect.

If there's one thing I can't stand about the internet it's the way it empowers losers.

Why are people like Ghost_Rider so concerned about the VCRb, if that's their attitude towards newbies?

Oh yeah, not to mention the fact that assembly is not manufacture anyway.

[23:47] <repiV> you can import from redwolf shipped in3 separate parts anyway
[23:48] <repiV> so all in all its not that big a deal
[23:48] <Trooper_Cooper> many would say the marshalls are a "referee", which doesn't exactly qualify. Many re-enactment groups have been known to only do "blatfests".
[23:48] <Sid> Yes it is a big deal cos you'll be breaking the law.
[23:48] <@Ubar> im gonna maybe go for a different loadout each day im their coop
[23:48] <repiV> its not breaking the law because its not shipping a firearm
[23:48] <repiV> its shipping parts
[23:48] <repiV> and if it is breaking the law i dont care anyway
[23:48] <Ghost_Rider> but putting them togehter is 'manufacturing
[23:49] <Sid> It'll be illegal to build a RIF
[23:49] <repiV> its only illegal if they find out
[23:49] <Trooper_Cooper> There is no reason why airsofters couldn't become re-enactors. What are we re-enacting? Anything from WW2 to Vietnam to "what-if Post Nuclear militia Britain"
[23:49] <Ghost_Rider> no, it's still illegal
[23:49] <@Ubar> starting from 50s german, east german, 70-80s west german, 90s flecktarn german, and desert isaf 2000s
[23:49] <@Ubar> :F
[23:49] <repiV> i was being "creative"
[23:49] <repiV> sheesh
[23:49] <Trooper_Cooper> :D!
[23:49] <repiV> not the nicest of people are you
[23:49] <Swifty> ###### off?
[23:49] <Ghost_Rider> Not to muppets with no clue, no
[23:49] <repiV> why dont you?
[23:49] <Trooper_Cooper> repiV, we are debating a feasible way out right now ¬_¬
[23:49] <Trooper_Cooper> you're breaking up the debate.
[23:50] <Sid> Don't get me wrong, if there was a gun I really, really, wanted I'd probably contact a french airsofter and get them to strip the gun and send it me in return for a few quid.
[23:50] <Ghost_Rider> go read the VCR bill forum, come back when you have a sensible contribution
[23:50] <repiV> oh my, im breaking up the debate by trying to be helpful
[23:50] <repiV> im so sorry
[23:50] <Swifty> helpful?
[23:50] <repiV> no, really
[23:50] <Sid> However, that's not the way to think, is it?
[23:50] <Swifty> by suggesting breaking a law
[23:50] <@Ubar> repiV: stop being a *beep* or youre out
[23:50] <repiV> im not being a *beep*
[23:50] <repiV> theyre attacking me
[23:50] * Ubar sets mode: +b *!*@dm-29193.gotadsl.co.uk
[23:50] <repiV> what do you want me to say?
[23:50] #airsoft Cannot send to channel
[23:50] * You were kicked by Ubar (Ubar)
Session Close: Tue Feb 14 23:50:37 2006

Assembly would be illegal.

If I were you, I'd take the mans advice and read the VCRB. Comments like "It's only illegal if they find out" are NOT helpful to our cause (and also untrue), and if I'd have been in there at the time I would have told you so.

Try not to take anything in the IRC too personally, okay? Sheesh.

Hey, I got banned for this shockingly out-of-order misdemeanour, so perhaps you're best off not being able to connect.

If there's one thing I can't stand about the internet it's the way it empowers losers.

Wow, and there's a mature response.

Why are people like Ghost_Rider so concerned about the VCRb, if that's their attitude towards newbies?

Newbies I have no problem with. Noobs who don't do their research and spam the channel get kicked.

Oh yeah, not to mention the fact that assembly is not manufacture anyway.

[23:50] <Ghost_Rider> go read the VCR bill forum, come back when you have a sensible contribution

If you read through the VCR section as you were advised, you would see that yes, as far as the law is concerned, assemnbling a 'kit' of parts IS classed as manufacture.

For the record, you were banned for repeatedly spamming a worthwhile debate with illegal suggestions. I've highlted them below for other users edification.

[23:48] <repiV> its shipping parts

[23:48] <repiV> and if it is breaking the law i dont care anyway

[23:49] <Sid> It'll be illegal to build a RIF

[23:49] <repiV> its only illegal if they find out

Edit: Thread cleaned of abuse and general asshattery. Warning points issued to both parties.

For the Record, the IRC channel is a separate entitity to the Forum, currently owned and operated by several users for the benefit of the community. Arnie links to it as a courtesy to promote cross pollination, but I have no power there and it was not my decision to kick him, but rather the Ops on duty.

Bitching about being kicked on here rarely does anything except make you look like a spoiled child.