Glock Picture Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off: Vicious that Glock is exceptionally cool (even compared to many of your other posts) but I was wondering what slide you have on it?

Second:

I have a problem that I could use some help on. As I was looking at my KSC Glock 17 the other day I realize that I have a very strange frame. It does have the Glock grip trade

glocktradecloseupcz3.jpg

as well as a patent number like Vicious' proper old school frame.

glockpatentde5.jpg

However, instead of the "Made in Austria, Glock INC." etc. it has a simply and ugly "Made in Taiwan"

glockmadeintaiwanbf1.jpg

At any rate my reason for posting this is to gather as much information about this frame as I can. Is it a second generation KSC? Is it some weird promotional knockoff? I am disappointed that it is so close to the perfect old school but is ruined by one bad trade mark but any ID help would be much appreciated.

Also I must apologize for my ugly KWA pot metal slide (makes note to self to order from Hong Kong soon :) )

In case there are other marks that I am not aware of here are pictures of both sides

glockrightdn0.jpg

glockleftyt2.jpg

Romulus, there is nothing strange about your frame, the "made in Austria..." is actually a plastic insert that is glued into that spot on the frame. Every old school frame says "made in Taiwan" underneath that insert. Yours must have fallen out down the line.

Oh and that's the Creation metal slide on my 17. Glad you like it.

Edited by ViciousV10s
Romulus, there is nothing strange about your frame, the "made in Austria..." is actually a plastic insert that is glued into that spot on the frame. Every old school frame says "made in Taiwan" underneath that insert. Yours must have fallen out down the line.

What do you mean by "old school frame"?

Oh, well I bought this thing like seven years ago, and this is what it says on the frame:

P1000727.jpg

P1000721.jpg

Probably been posted in this thread a long time ago.

EDIT: typo

Edited by Yuri

Yuri now THAT is something Ive never seen before....from everything Ive ever heard, KSC guns were supposedly all made in Taiwan but the Japanese versions were just sent to Japan for quality control...I have never seen one stamped "Made in Japan" before...that's awesome. Does it have a tiny "JASG" on the front rail slot? What about the Glock logo on the frame?

Hey, cool! Here are pictures of the gun from both sides without the Hogue grip:

P1000740.jpg

P1000738.jpg

As you can see, it's got the Glock logo on the grip. However, I can't find a JASG stamp anywhere on it. The metal slide is also pretty ancient, I bought it about a year after I bought the gun. I have no idea who makes the slide, but I suspect it was made by Zeke, since back then there were not many companies making metal slides.

Wow... Isn't that a 1st generation glock?... That's a rare sight... I've only heard of them, never pictures...

Edit: ARGH IT HAS AN AFTERMARKET METAL SLIDE! I want to see what the original 1st gen plastic slides looked like! I heard they had deep trades, while that metal slide has trades about the same depth as today's metal slides.

Edited by Five-sEvEn

Relax, I've got the original slide right here. The trades are a bit more robust than the ones on the metal slide. I'll post some pics in the morning if you want (it's well past 1 AM here right now).

I can't quite pinpoint the date I bought the gun, but it was summer, and I distinctly remember paying for it with Marks, the original finnish currency, so it had to be before the Euro was introduced, which was January first, 2002. So it was either the summer of 2000, or 2001.

Edited by Yuri

Nice 34. Real 34s don't have ports, so you are good to go!

Edited by ViciousV10s

Yuri, the easiest way to tell if it's a KSC 1st. gen Glock is to check the feed ramp (part #10). If it's metal, it's very likely you have a 1st. gen Glock, my friend. Also check the plastic slide. If it's 1st. gen, it won't have metal reinforcements at the front like the newer slides.

yes, I've been around long enough to see and own a 1st. gen Glock myself :)

Yuri, the easiest way to tell if it's a KSC 1st. gen Glock is to check the feed ramp (part #10). If it's metal, it's very likely you have a 1st. gen Glock, my friend. Also check the plastic slide. If it's 1st. gen, it won't have metal reinforcements at the front like the newer slides.

yes, I've been around long enough to see and own a 1st. gen Glock myself :)

Right, the original feed ramp was plastic. It broke a few years ago and I've replaced it with a metal one. Also, the slide isn't reinforced in any way. Here's a picture of it:

P1000742.jpg

Mathub: Those are some nice sights you've got on that Glock.

Any of you guys got any broken glock slides or frames? or old ones you swapped for metal?

I've got plenty. About enough slides/frames/internals to make 1 or 2 semi-working G17s. Are you looking for a part in particular or just want a spare frame/slide?

Mathub: How hard was the Boomarms slide to install? hkssr20det's G17 put up a fight when he went to install the G34 slide, I was just curious if their all that tough.