• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vicious

As if we need reminding  :rolleyes:

I love the rack of guns pic

two questions for you

How fast was the slide once you fitted the J point sight to it as I was thinking of adding one to my TM 34 glock

Which extending stock fits the ksc glock 17 (old school frame)

thanks

:rifle:

I don't have the answer to either of those questions, but I will say that the TM G17/G34 may not accept the real sight mount, since the dovetail is not really all the way through the top of the slide, and the rear sight or in this case the sight mount, simply screws in from below through the BBU. For this reason said rear sight assembly needs to be threaded with the right size threading in the right place so that the screw from the blowback unit can attach to it - this not only holds in the sight but is the only real means by which the blowback unit is held into the slide.

Perhaps you already have the G34, know this, and have planned for it, but on the other hand it's possible that it's a 'buy it all at once' build you're planning, in which case this information is very important.

Thanks for the info RSP1 but I do already have my TM glock and am quite aware of the rear sight problem, and will machine a spacer / adapter to deal with it

question for you though

how much time did the magwell take to fit. what needed machining, frame, magwell, back strap clamp

Nothing needed machining, which is good since I don't own a mill or lathe. There was some filing to be done, basically on the back end of the back strap where the magwell snaps on. Essentially, the backstrap is a little farther back than on the real one, and its curve, seen from directly above or below the gun, is more gentle or of a larger radius than on the real one. It didn't take more than 10 minutes to do this filing on the frame, and at that point the magwell snapped on. I believe you are supposed to have it hook onto the bottom finger swell bit on the frontstrap, then snap it onto the backstrap. However, I had better luck doing the reverse, perhaps due to the flexibility of the ABS.

Getting magazines to work took slightly longer. I did a little filing on the inside of the frame's magazine area, since apparently the Dawson magwell 'pinched' the sides slightly, and mags would not drop free. I also took out the plastic magwell insert and sanded down the inside edge of that, to make more room for the mag baseplate. This was not enough, so I also took a trusty dremel tool and beveled the top edge of the magazine baseplate all around as you see here:

imgp2332.jpg

Because of the small plug in the back of the TM frame, I was not able to fit the small brass insert, which increases frame weight to decrease felt recoil on the firearm. The plastic plug seems like it might be removable, but personally this brass insert did not matter to me, so I let it be. The magwell is very secure and I have no problems with the mags not dropping free. Since baseplates are essentially flush with the bottom of the magwell, I suggest using the SD +2 baseplate replicas for a better grip, though I imagine these require modification just as the stock baseplates do.

Edit: now with pic, just for the sake of this being a pic thread:

imgp2426.jpg

Edited by RSP1

Surprisingly the magwell for my KSC G17 took much more work to fit, but the same methods were used. I pretty much had to reshape both the grip cavity, and the magwell in order for it to fit.

On the other hand, the frame's magazine area didn't require any work for the magazines to drop free.

It's a shame, all that work I did….I should've used a nicer magwell.

Vicious

As if we need reminding  :rolleyes:

I love the rack of guns pic

two questions for you

How fast was the slide once you fitted the J point sight to it as I was thinking of adding one to my TM 34 glock

Which extending stock fits the ksc glock 17 (old school frame)

thanks

Thanks, the rack pics are some of my favorites as well.

The J-Point red dot weighs practically nothing, certainly not enough to notice any difference in cycle rate.

The stock I used was a Fobus TAC stock but it needed a bit of modding to fit into the KSC 17 frame. The KSC frames are pretty far off from the RS dimensions in that respect.

Great Glock Chrissy, wish I had the straight frame myself.  I suggest you paint the dots on those sights white (maybe they, are, but the pics look black) for faster target acquisition.  Other than the sights, dynamite gun.

-Sh0ty

Cheers man :) Yeah the sights are being sorted out at the moment. Tippex is great stuff :P Will update the pics when the sights are done. Any ideas what make the frame would be?

I don't think it is KSC, might well be wrong, but it definitely doesn't feel like the stock frame. It feels a lot more like the real steel Glock 19 that I fired in Switzerland - thus VERY nice. The frame feels cold to the touch almost like metal and is very heavy. As for the actual grip, its perfect. Fits very very nicely, however I'd love to see what it feels like with a Hogue on it.

Definitely worth the straight frame instead of the standard one.

Chrissy

edit: Fair enough if its KSC :)

I don't think it is KSC, might well be wrong, but it definitely doesn't feel like the stock frame. It feels a lot more like the real steel Glock 19 that I fired in Switzerland - thus VERY nice. The frame feels cold to the touch almost like metal and is very heavy. As for the actual grip, its perfect. Fits very very nicely, however I'd love to see what it feels like with a Hogue on it.

Definitely worth the straight frame instead of the standard one.

Chrissyg

edit: Fair enough if its KSC :)

Most likely because of the difference of the KSC/KWAs imported to the UK compared to other places like the US. Wheres the frame for 19s and 23Fs are heavyweight material in the US instead of just ABS as seen in the UK. Nice 19C Chrissyg.

Edited by ViciousV10s