Glock Picture Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like a G17/ 18c floor plate on that 19. (beveled edge) I dunno if that was something that would apply to your "ultimate, authentic" Glock 19 (I see that extra pin thar"

-Sh0ty

EDIT: Also, very nice Glock, easily my favorite out there.

Edited by Sh0ty

Yeah the lipped baseplate is just on KSC/KWA full sized Glocks...no RS Glock flat baseplates have that lip...it's really my only choice for a baseplate with a Glock logo tho.. :( ...well I could use the KSC +2 baseplate but I like the look of the flat one more.

Glad you guys like it. I tried to keep it as natural looking as possible.

Edited by ViciousV10s

Turning one of my KSC Glock 17s into a standard class race pistol, got some new parts today.

Internal bits

RaceKSCG17%20002.jpg

External bits

RaceKSCG17%20011.jpg

RaceKSCG17%20012.jpg

The recoil spring guide is a 9Ball bearing guide with an added spacer and using a Zenith recoil spring. The inner barrel and hop up unit are the Firefly units which replace the stock KSC hop up completely, making the gun shoot much much much more accurately. And of course a SD feed ramp. Damn fine pieces.

The mag catch and magwell are Glockmeister units and the sights are Freedom Arts.

Edited by ViciousV10s
wow! where did you find that firefly hop up set? will that work with a G19 too?

your glock looks great!

Thanks.

The Firefly inner barrel and hop up set come as a pair. The Firefly hop up unit actually screws onto the Firefly inner barrel. It would work in a 19, but the barrel would be a hair long. I've only seen this set made for the 17/18C length. I bought it at DENtrinity. Oh and the hop up is NOT adjustable, even tho it retains the stock hop up adjusting hood, which is needed for the physical assembly of the inner barrel assembly.

Edited by ViciousV10s

I may have to pick one of those up. Looks really slick although the text on the mag well is a bit garish.

What weight BB do you get a flat trajectory with using the FF hop-up? I'd hope .25 or better.

All in all really like it though. What else is in the works?

Thanks.

The Firefly inner barrel and hop up set come as a pair. The Firefly hop up unit actually screws onto the Firefly inner barrel. It would work in a 19, but the barrel would be a hair long. I've only seen this set made for the 17/18C length. I bought it at DENtrinity. Oh and the hop up is NOT adjustable, even tho it retains the stock hop up adjusting hood, which is needed for the physical assembly of the inner barrel assembly.

is there any possible way to get a longer inner barrel on that Firefly Hop Up?

-SZ

Junior - The magwell isn't attached the way it should be. Instead of using the grip plug and screws I simply have it pressure fit on the frame. It's on there very tightly and I used a tad bit of Gorilla Glue to close the deal. The sights are also from DENtrinity. If I were going to buy more sights I would spend the extra $50 and buy some made for RS. EDIT: I forgot to mention I had to dremel down the edges of the mag baseplate a bit to get the mag to seat all the way in properly.

Romulus - I like the garish text :) it am kewl! I haven't tested what weight BB suits the Firefly unit the best yet. But I'll let you know when I do. From the way the Firefly unit is designed I dont think it actually has hop up. I have a compensator that I am custom fitting to a Guarder outer barrel at the moment, actually I just finished and will be posting pics soon. It's the same comp that Junior put on his. It's the cheapest one I found on ebay :)

Shaggyz - I suppose you could get a barrel and have the end threaded to fit the Firefly hop up unit.

Glad you guys like it, more pics soon.

Edited by ViciousV10s

Pics with RS compensator custom fit to a Guarder threaded outer barrel.

RaceKSCG17%20015.jpg

RaceKSCG17%20017.jpg

RaceKSCG17%20018.jpg

At first I wasn't sure I'd like the look of the extra barrel length between the slide and compensator..but now I do. The gun cycles very nicely with this heavy compensator on it and makes one mean "CRACK" when fired.

Edited by ViciousV10s
aw man, that looks great Vicious! How did you go about attaching the compensator? Is that still the Creation metal slide?

Thanks Junior! I worked a little dremel magic on the threads of the Guarder barrel then force threaded the comp on. I'm actually amazed that the comp threaded on nice and tightly. It even unscrews and screws back on! LOL Oh I also used an o-ring on the barrel for proper alignment of the comp.

And yes it's still the Creation metal slide. Cycling is great with the Guarder steel barrel and comp.

Edited by ViciousV10s

I really like what the comp does for it. I guess it kind of helps to transform it into something that looks undeniably racy.

I am curious about the sights you are currently using. The fiber optic looks great but it's hard to see much of the rear sight from the pictures. It would be really interesting to see a picture of the sight picture (that doesn't sound like proper english :( ). I know that you have had many different sight setups on Glocks, how do you like this one overall?

The sights really aren't that great. As I said earlier, if I were to buy similar fiber optic sights again I would go with some RS manufacturer over the Freedom Arts. The FA sights are ok, but the fiber optic material is VERY brittle and the metal seems to be that of some cheap cast pot metal. For an extra $50 or so bucks I'd get me some real deal fiber optic sights.

Snowman, the comp is meant to fit flush with the slide/frame. However, I'm sure in RS you could just as realistically use an extended and compesated barrel to achieve the look I created.