Glock Picture Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Romulus//

Thanks for the numbers. The funny thing Is I'm pretty sure I read a guy who had Gspec tightbore inside his Glock 17 with AAC suppressor. He said it comes right upto the tip of the suppressor. So I was hoping to confirm it. If you look at stock innerbarrel placement on any GBB pistols, you will notice it's not right upto the tip of barrel, but rather 10mm or so shorter. This is to compensate innerbarrel sticking out issue when short recoil happens. This would may make it possible that it might just fit within the suppressor.

My Plaque 666//

Gspec tight bore is not bloody long so you dont need bloody long suppressor.

Please, someone who OWNS KA AAC suppressor could help me out on the weight issue? I know how things works. I don't need theories. I need someone with first hand exprience and real world results, especialy when you have PGC or other CNC machined metal slide on.(not casted ######)

Thanks.

Edited by fal

fal, the weight of the suppressor wont have negative effect as far as having a quicker cool down, but the added weight of the suppressor will definitely cause the slide to cycle slower. Translate this as you see fit....

As far as having a metal slide + the suppressor, so long as the slide is fitted well you shouldn't have any cycling issues. An upgraded recoil spring and possibly a hi-flow wouldn't hurt.

But of course I'm speaking solely from owning a KSC G17 with the upgrades you mentioned, not a TM....

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

Thanks Junior. That helps alot. :)

I have both KSC and TM Glock 17. If KSC can manage I know TM will do better if not the same! :)

Probably I will go back to plastic slide just to compensate the slowed cycle speed due to the added weight from the suppressor.

I also heard KA AAC Evolution 9mm suppressor weighs around 81gram. Is this true? Because if so, that is suprisingly lightweight, considering G&P MK23 suppressor weighs like 160gram!!(and they are almost same dimension. In fact Socom suppressor is about 5mm longer.)

Thanks again. :)

Very nice job there. It has come a long ways since you started.

It is a shame that the mag well isn't metal because If it was you could polish part of it to get a more balanced two-tone framing blue look. I also agree with the above comments that a +2 baseplate would look just the ticket here.

Hope to see more of this gun as it evolves in the future (seem like no gun is every truely done).

Also, did you figure out your inner barrel issues? It would actually be fun to see a parts list if this is a completed build.

Yep I managed to get the inner barrel in after some filing to allow it to rock inside the outer barrel (thanks to the kind advice on this thread)

Parts list would be:

Marui frame (slightly modified :P )

Boomarms G34 two-tone slide and outer barrel, fitted with TM glow in the dark sights

Shooters Design 150% recoil spring

Shooters Design 150% hammer spring

PDI 6.01mm Hi-capa 5.1 inner barrel

Shooters Design magwell

I will keep the tan Guarder frame for now and perhaps give it a shiny coat of paint when I see a colour I think would look good :)

You know, for the slow cycle due to the weight, VictoryV10s (think that's it) had a brilliant solution to the problem. He made a spring loaded bracket that attached to the rail that pushed the barrel up wards, allowing it to tilt without slowing the slide. This allowed him to use a barrel that was 300mm long and achieve a velocity nearly twice that of forum limits.

-Sh0ty

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Rom, I actually took that off one of my spare old school 17 frames. TheCleaner borrowed that plate from me and made a mold, hopefully he will be producing these plates in bulk sometime in the near future. I really didn't do a very good job putting it on my 19. The heavyweight material of the frame made it very hard to deepen that area precisely enough to sink that plate into..it really isnt anywhere near as nice as I wouldve liked it to be....but it'll do for now.

Cool, i'll have a look for them.

Enzo100 - nice picture, a little blurred though, still looks good all the same though.

Im enjoying seeing all these pics :)

Here's a picture of my Glock 17 8mm blank firer, dont know if they're allowed on here...its only a picture though...

97e3c536.jpg

I have the same one, its an awesome peice of kit,

really loud tho lol scard me to use it when i first got it lol

Then what are they made of? Porcelain?

Yup. Made in Germany, and costs more than you make in a month. ;)

Glock slides are steel with a tenifer coating, Troubador. Their triggers, frames, magazine releases, magazines and a few other parts are plastic but parts that need to be strong such as the slide, barrel, etc. are steel.

Edited by RSP1