Glock Picture Thread

Here's my Glock 17... the fact that the weaponlight's not a real steel replica kinda ruins the look but it works perfectly fine  :)

eddy_glock17.jpg

Might not be RS replica but it can't be any worse than those crappy Streamlights everyone seams to love! Give me a Surefire with proper optics anyday!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Light Unit on the Glock17 isn't a copy of a real steel? I can't tell the difference. They all look pretty generic to me.

Well... the G&G weaponlight has a permanent on/off switch while most of the newer models have a pedal switch which allows for momentary on/off. I blame myself for not doing proper research before getting this unit. :)

Might not be RS replica but it can't be any worse than those crappy Streamlights everyone seams to love! Give me a Surefire with proper optics anyday!

I never checked whether the bulb is a proper SureFire. I doubt it. But it is an equivalent to the SF P60 bulb.

Its not the lamp (bulb) that counts it's the fact that the Surefire Lamps are factory focused to the reflectors and sp produce a perfect beam of light. Unlike Streamlights and Maglights etc. that suffer from dark spots and rings in the beam.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I'm a new member! Here are some pics of my G18C. It's KSC with metal slide and barrel. I modified the scope rail then coloring it with spary can. Hope you like it.

labkid

Welcome to the forums! :)

G18C with a metal slide? nice. Havent seen one of them in a while...does the reflex rds help in any way? was considering getting one for my G19 for a moment...

DSCF0028.jpg

This is my one and only GBB pistol so I put a lot of work into. Originally a stock KSC G26C:

Magloc recoil controler

Tasco 8MOA Optima 2000

Glock extended mag catch & slide stop

GB-Tech ACC silencer

Custom threaded metal barrel

Metal slide

Internals:

PDI piston head

Hurricane valve

Hidakaya hammer spring

Guarder recoil spring set

Quick FYI, the silence will NOT work properly on the KSC G26C without some work. I originally had the Guarder barrel but there was no way to make it cycle smoothly (about 1 in 6 shots jammed). I re-threaded the barrel that came with metal slide and now fires flawlessly!

Edited by LeMongelo
DSCF0028.jpg

This is my one and only GBB pistol so I put a lot of work into. Originally a stock KSC G26C:

Magloc recoil controler

Tasco 8MOA Optima 2000

Glock extended mag catch & slide stop

GB-Tech ACC silencer

Custom threaded metal barrel

Metal slide

Internals:

PDI piston head

Hurricane valve

Hidakaya hammer spring

Guarder recoil spring set

Quick FYI, the silence will NOT work properly on the KSC G26C without some work. I originally had the Guarder barrel but there was no way to make it cycle smoothly (about 1 in 6 shots jammed). I re-threaded the barrel that came with metal slide and now fires flawlessly!

Tasco 8MOA Optima 2000 = the red dot sight? it looks very nice, any chance you can tell me where you it from?

Tasco 8MOA Optima 2000 = the red dot sight? it looks very nice, any chance you can tell me where you it from?

I guess I can take more pics over the weekend if you want. The extended mag catch looked kinda strange, but I guess I can take more detailed shots.

I purchased at a local retail store after they went under. Since they don't exist, it might tough to get. JP still makes identical sights under their brand. I do NOT recommend it or the JP model...I also own a Docter sight and it is a much better investment. You can get a Docter sight at sporting goods stores; they might have them on their web site as well.

About the Optima/JP sight, there are times when I completely loose the dot in bright light and glare. Also, the field of view is a bit too narrow. BUT, I personally think it's highly effective for airsoft use. I used to use factory Glock iron sights and for some reason I get much much better groupings with the red dot (I think it has to do with the elevation that I couldn't get from iron sights).

Edited by LeMongelo
Does the red-dot move when you fire?

Are you talking about windage and elevation adjustments? If so, yes, it comes with a tool to adjust the dot. The Optima is far from flawless, but an airsoft blowback does not cause any stress to it (using a Tasco Glock mount...I suppose if you use a cheaper mount it might fall off).

Now on real steel, yes, I used to loose sight of the dot on more than one occassion...I think it's because the field of view is way too narrow (that's why I would recommend the Docter over an JP).

so im just into this glock business, to what i know there are alot of glocks (airsofts)

17L

18c

23f

26a

26c

have i missed any?

KJW (I think) make 23, basically a 23 marked 19. Omega, I THINK(could be wrong on this), made a G18 (the long barreled one).

That G26C is rather nice, but this thread, generally, hasn't changed my view that Glocks are not the most exciting handguns, visually.

Cheers.

PS Re : the red dot 'moving', I suspect he meant to ask if it was fixed to the slide, which, of course, it is.

Edited by snowman